Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33138 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have never had a better winning percentage on my fantasy football team than under Obama either. Do you think he is responsible for that?
My ping pong game is better than ever. My forehand serve has so much topspin on it that it is often unreturnable.

Thanks, Obama.

woof

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33139 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to all of us non-truck drivers how President Obama is responsible for the rich getting richer and the middle class being driven into the ground.
This people in this article want to know where this recovery that Obama and the Liberal Democrats keep talking about.

Unemployed take their case to Fed officials at Jackson Hole

JACKSON HOLE Wyo. Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25pm EDT

(Reuters)- Reginald Rounds was among those present at the Federal Reserve's high-flying monetary conference here, enjoying the chance to button hole two top officials of the U.S. central bank.

The St. Louis resident is neither an economist nor a central banker. He's a 57-year-old unemployed worker, who said he is trained in the green technology field and can't find a job.

He was among a group of activists who gathered on the sidelines of the Fed's annual symposium wearing green t-shirts with "What Recovery?" on the front and a chart depicting sluggish U.S. wage growth on the back.

"From the world where I reside, there is no recovery. We need a boost. We need a jump start," said Rounds. "The key is jobs creation."

The ten activists, most of whom were unemployed and seeking jobs, were sent as emissaries for a coalition of advocacy groups that has launched an unusual campaign from the left to press the U.S. central bank to keep monetary policy easy.

The coalition, consisting of more than 70 organizations, released an open letter to Fed officials earlier this week urging them to hold off on interest rate hikes until wages were rising more swiftly.

While small in number, the activists managed to get a great deal of face time with senior officials. On Thursday, they spoke with the host of the conference, Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Esther George, for two hours.

On Friday, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer stepped out of the conference to spend ten minutes to listen to their plight.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/23/us-...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33140 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but just for you non-truck drivers.
All that federal money being pumped into the stock market is creating a bubble no different than the housing or tech bubble. Like all bubbles, it's going go burst. Until it does, the wealthy are enjoying the free ride since the market is just about the best place to put money, especially when you consider the interest rate.
The economy is still in a slump even after five years of DumBama. Median income is down several thousand dollars per family since he took over. This is your typical supply and demand scenario. More workers than there is work. This gives employers the leverage they need to maintain lower rates of pay. If DumBama can somehow give amnesty to all these illegals here, it will lower pay even more.
Ummmm, did Obama sign NAFTA?

woof

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33141 Aug 24, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, did Obama sign NAFTA?
woof
Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton did and also gave China Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status too in 1993.

Statement on Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status for China
May 28, 1993

the American people won a tremendous victory as a majority of the House of Representatives joined me in adopting our plan to revitalize America's economic future.

Today Members of Congress have joined me to announce a new chapter in United States policy toward China.

I am happy to have with me today key congressional leaders on this issue. I am also honored to be joined by representatives of the business community and several distinguished Chinese student leaders. Their presence here is a tangible symbol of the unity of our purpose. I particularly want to recognize Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell of Maine and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California. Their tireless dedication to the cause of freedom in China has given voice to our collective concerns. I intend to continue working closely with Congress as we pursue our China policy.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...

President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA



Bill Clinton signs NAFTA into law -- December 8, 1993

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
John boner

Hinckley, OH

#33142 Aug 24, 2014
I support john boner her gets my vote because I like his name.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33143 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, but just for you non-truck drivers.
All that federal money being pumped into the stock market is creating a bubble no different than the housing or tech bubble. Like all bubbles, it's going go burst. Until it does, the wealthy are enjoying the free ride since the market is just about the best place to put money, especially when you consider the interest rate.
The economy is still in a slump even after five years of DumBama. Median income is down several thousand dollars per family since he took over. This is your typical supply and demand scenario. More workers than there is work. This gives employers the leverage they need to maintain lower rates of pay. If DumBama can somehow give amnesty to all these illegals here, it will lower pay even more.
You didn't really explain what Obama has done to create this wealth disparity. But let's assume it is because of "federal money being pumped into the stock market." What should the President be doing to address the wealth disparity?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33144 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>because of Liberalism as it is known today which encourages people to live on the dole.
So you believe that by proposing an increase in the minimum wage, proposing infrastructure repair legislation that would put people to work, proposing childcare assistance that would help people go to work, etc., President Obama is encouraging people to "live on the dole"? Interesting. I would love to read the policy statement or quote from the White House that says, "The American people need to quit their jobs and get on the dole." You are the King of cut and paste. You got it?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33145 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>This people in this article want to know where this recovery that Obama and the Liberal Democrats keep talking about.
Unemployed take their case to Fed officials at Jackson Hole
JACKSON HOLE Wyo. Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25pm EDT
(Reuters)- Reginald Rounds was among those present at the Federal Reserve's high-flying monetary conference here, enjoying the chance to button hole two top officials of the U.S. central bank.
The St. Louis resident is neither an economist nor a central banker. He's a 57-year-old unemployed worker, who said he is trained in the green technology field and can't find a job.
He was among a group of activists who gathered on the sidelines of the Fed's annual symposium wearing green t-shirts with "What Recovery?" on the front and a chart depicting sluggish U.S. wage growth on the back.
"From the world where I reside, there is no recovery. We need a boost. We need a jump start," said Rounds. "The key is jobs creation."
The ten activists, most of whom were unemployed and seeking jobs, were sent as emissaries for a coalition of advocacy groups that has launched an unusual campaign from the left to press the U.S. central bank to keep monetary policy easy.
The coalition, consisting of more than 70 organizations, released an open letter to Fed officials earlier this week urging them to hold off on interest rate hikes until wages were rising more swiftly.
While small in number, the activists managed to get a great deal of face time with senior officials. On Thursday, they spoke with the host of the conference, Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank President Esther George, for two hours.
On Friday, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer stepped out of the conference to spend ten minutes to listen to their plight.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/08/23/us-...
Me too. So tell us, oh wise one, what should the President be doing?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33146 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that by proposing an increase in the minimum wage, proposing infrastructure repair legislation that would put people to work, proposing childcare assistance that would help people go to work, etc., President Obama is encouraging people to "live on the dole"? Interesting. I would love to read the policy statement or quote from the White House that says, "The American people need to quit their jobs and get on the dole." You are the King of cut and paste. You got it?
Your the Queen of Idiocity is what your saying with this post and what you dont understand which your post confirms is economics, simple basic economics that is and you must be living on the dole yourself too going by your post.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#33147 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. So tell us, oh wise one, what should the President be doing?
Looking for a job that he can do.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33148 Aug 24, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, did Obama sign NAFTA?
woof
I don't know what NAFTA has to do with it. After it was signed, we had some of our best economic years.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33149 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Your the Queen of Idiocity is what your saying with this post and what you dont understand which your post confirms is economics, simple basic economics that is and you must be living on the dole yourself too going by your post.
Right. That is why I am asking you to educate me. I'll wait.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33150 Aug 24, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Looking for a job that he can do.
Wouldn't it just be simpler to say that you can't answer the question?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33151 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what NAFTA has to do with it. After it was signed, we had some of our best economic years.
NAFTA ruined my golf game.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#33152 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't really explain what Obama has done to create this wealth disparity. But let's assume it is because of "federal money being pumped into the stock market." What should the President be doing to address the wealth disparity?
What he should do is quit trying to run our businesses in the US. He's the most anti-business President we've ever had in our lifetime. He should also cut welfare roles so people would have to get back to work. He should agree with the Republican Congress to get rid of Commie Care because the burden of the employer mandate is hanging over the heads of our businesses. They are skeptic to invest. Nobody knows if or when it will strike, but unless something changes, it will strike and it will be an additional expense to businesses. And yes, he should slow down the activity of the federal reserve. It will shrink the market but at least it will be closer to reflecting what our real economy is.

There are people in this country that are restraining themselves from earning extra money because they are afraid it will affect their government handouts. SNAP's cards are probably the worst of the programs because many working people do use it. When people stop themselves from making money so as not to cross the government line, they are stopping themselves from going way over that line, and that means a fixed income. Nobody spends money when they can only earn so much.

If you are in a room with 13 other people, 2 of those people are receiving food stamps. That's way too many people. By removing people from the program, you erase that danger line they are afraid to cross. That goes for Commie Care as well. The more you make, the less the government will subsidize you. There are even stories about couples who are putting off getting married because they get a higher subsidy from Commie Care by staying single.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33153 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't really explain what Obama has done to create this wealth disparity. But let's assume i t is because of "federal money being pumped into the y to the poorstock market." What should the President be doing to address the wealth disparity?
Give all of his money to the poor, lead by example. Encourage all democrats to do the same, Soros and Sharpton, for a start.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33154 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that by proposing an increase in the minimum wage, proposing infrastructure repair legislation that would put people to work, proposing childcare assistance that would help people go to work, etc., President Obama is encouraging people to "live on the dole"? Interesting. I would love to read the policy statement or quote from the White House that says, "The American people need to quit their jobs and get on the dole." You are the King of cut and paste. You got it?
The so-called lover of the poor needs to give all of his money to the poor. He needs to lead by example, he is not exempt. The Obama family seldom is generous with donations. Remember, he permits his family to live in projects and huts.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#33155 Aug 24, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too. So tell us, oh wise one, what should the President be doing?
Give all of his money and possessions to the poor, including the golf clubs we bought him.

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Seville, OH

#33156 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What he should do is quit trying to run our businesses in the US. He's the most anti-business President we've ever had in our lifetime. He should also cut welfare roles so people would have to get back to work. He should agree with the Republican Congress to get rid of Commie Care because the burden of the employer mandate is hanging over the heads of our businesses. They are skeptic to invest. Nobody knows if or when it will strike, but unless something changes, it will strike and it will be an additional expense to businesses. And yes, he should slow down the activity of the federal reserve. It will shrink the market but at least it will be closer to reflecting what our real economy is.
There are people in this country that are restraining themselves from earning extra money because they are afraid it will affect their government handouts. SNAP's cards are probably the worst of the programs because many working people do use it. When people stop themselves from making money so as not to cross the government line, they are stopping themselves from going way over that line, and that means a fixed income. Nobody spends money when they can only earn so much.
If you are in a room with 13 other people, 2 of those people are receiving food stamps. That's way too many people. By removing people from the program, you erase that danger line they are afraid to cross. That goes for Commie Care as well. The more you make, the less the government will subsidize you. There are even stories about couples who are putting off getting married because they get a higher subsidy from Commie Care by staying single.
So what you believe is that the reason the rich are getting richer and everyone else is getting poorer is because the government has made it too hard on the rich guys and too easy for the poor guys?

Does that really make sense to you?
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#33157 Aug 24, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
One.......two......three...... Thanks Obama! The hope and change we've been looking for.
You think that income inequality in the US is Obama's fault? The divergence started about 1980.

http://www.cbpp.org/images/cms/11-28-11pov-f1...

Tax cuts for the wealthy were supposed to "trickle down" to the middle class and spur job growth. But it didn't happened when Reagan cut taxes on the wealthy or when George W. Bush cut taxes on the wealthy. But it did increase the budget deficit (as had been predicted by the opponents of those tax cuts) and increased income disparity.

"...supply-side tax cuts, since they donít have the growth effects that their adherents tout, are causally linked to structural budget deficits ..."

"...over time and across advanced economies, lower marginal tax rates are associated with greater income inequality but not with faster growth."

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/On-the-Econ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zebadiah Taylor from Kenton Ohio Tue pawpaw 1
David Young Mar 3 big g 2
pain n other medications Feb 17 findlay 1
Findlay Snitches Feb 11 ThatOneGuy 1
Johnson Rubber says it won't close (Feb '08) Feb 7 the man is greedy 25
Norbalt Rubber's parent bankrupt, seeking buyer (Apr '08) Feb 7 cashin in 3
benjamin davis Jan '15 Dawn 2
Findlay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:09 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:09PM
Bengals Re-Sign LB Maualuga to 3-Year Deal
NFL 1:16 PM
Cincinnati Bengals re-sign Rey Maualuga
ESPN 1:25 PM
Bengals re-sign MLB Maualuga for 3 years
CBS Sports 1:49 PM
Hoyer on Manziel: 'It takes a big person to check into rehab'
ESPN 4:58 PM
49ers sign WR Simpson to two-year deal