Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32912 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
A thought that I have about your helpful chart is that many many more of the lower income group are likely felons for multiple reasons like child support deficits that reach a felonious amount & just about any drug conviction are not eligible for enlistment, that is not likely with the higher income group. And most of the higher group would be the officers which of course serve longer duty times.
All of these things affect the chart. A clear cause & effect issue.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32913 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
3/11/2013 @ 8:00AM 1,123,554 views
1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/0...
Oooooh scary. Still got your guns? The claim was Obama was going to take away all of our guns. I still got mine. You still got yours? Know anyone who had their guns taken away by Obama? Me neither. Therefore, you Tea Baggers were completely wrong once again, are unable to admit you were completely wrong and choose pathetic right wing blogs to fuel your spin instead of facing the absolute FACTS. The Tea Baggers cried and cried that Obama was going to take away all of guns and nothing like that has even come close to happening.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32914 Aug 17, 2014
Gee, Tea Baggers are not only hoarding assault weapons but are also hoarding ammo too? Shocking.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32915 Aug 17, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, for those of us that have been around a bit longer, this now mostly forgotten fellow, speaking for "the silent majority":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =z0Kxg10FU4EXX
And yet Pops claims it was Obama that divided this nation.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32916 Aug 17, 2014
Here's Jerry Falwell blaming Liberals and gays for 9/11. He's the guy who GW Bush often looked to for advice. Divide the nation much? Hey Pops, be sure to blame Obama.

Canton

Canton, OH

#32917 Aug 17, 2014
Hey Pops. Here's the guy you voted for, bringing our nation closer together by calling 47% of Americans, including seniors and vets, a bunch of free loaders...

Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32918 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
Hey Pops. Here's the guy you voted for, bringing our nation closer together by calling 47% of Americans, including seniors and vets, a bunch of free loaders...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PyJ_k2z-nTAXX
But, but, but. A proven racist and ammo hoarding diabetic trucker told me everything was Obama's fault. And he's been right about everything else, except for climate change, creationism in science classes, the fiscal cliff, FEMA death camps, the fake birth certificate "scandal", corporate welfare, AND the ever elusive "secret Muslims"...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#32919 Aug 17, 2014
Slumlord Weather Expert wrote:
<quoted text>But, but, but. A proven racist and ammo hoarding diabetic trucker told me everything was Obama's fault. And he's been right about everything else, except for climate change, creationism in science classes, the fiscal cliff, FEMA death camps, the fake birth certificate "scandal", corporate welfare, AND the ever elusive "secret Muslims"...
What are you implying?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#32920 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooh scary. Still got your guns? The claim was Obama was going to take away all of our guns. I still got mine. You still got yours? Know anyone who had their guns taken away by Obama? Me neither. Therefore, you Tea Baggers were completely wrong once again, are unable to admit you were completely wrong and choose pathetic right wing blogs to fuel your spin instead of facing the absolute FACTS. The Tea Baggers cried and cried that Obama was going to take away all of guns and nothing like that has even come close to happening.
Thanks Obama

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#32921 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
That is a completely unreliable and irrelevant report.

And you are too stupid to realize why.

woof
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32922 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
Ray, I'm guessing you think this undercuts my point about the burden not being shared by those that lead us. But the Heritage Foundation graphic is deceptive. Most of our leaders today are in the $100,000+ category (and most way over that), not slightly above the median income.

The draft selected equally from all incomes and geographic locations. That's just not the case anymore.

" As sustained combat in Iraq makes it harder than ever to fill the ranks of the all-volunteer force, newly released Pentagon demographic data show that the military is leaning heavily for recruits on economically depressed, rural areas where youths' need for jobs may outweigh the risks of going to war.

More than 44 percent of U.S. military recruits come from rural areas, Pentagon figures show. In contrast, 14 percent come from major cities. Youths living in the most sparsely populated Zip codes are 22 percent more likely to join the Army, with an opposite trend in cities. Regionally, most enlistees come from the South (40 percent) and West (24 percent).

Many of today's recruits are financially strapped, with nearly half coming from lower-middle-class to poor households, according to new Pentagon data based on Zip codes and census estimates of mean household income. Nearly two-thirds of Army recruits in 2004 came from counties in which median household income is below the U.S. median."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/...

But you don't even have to do statistics on this one. In the last Presidential election, how many of the people running had ever served in our military? Only Ron Paul comes to mind.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32923 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
I question myself about a limited draft draft today. I just can't quite make it thru all of the variables such as a quota number,( not more than 10%?) length of enlistment (18-24 mos?) & drafting criteria.
Pops, what I'd like to see is required public service for ALL young people (men and women.) It doesn't have to be in the military, but that would be an option. Some people have genuine moral objections to combat. But that wouldn't keep them from working in a hospital, or assisting those in need.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32924 Aug 17, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a completely unreliable and irrelevant report.
And you are too stupid to realize why.
woof
He always runs to Big Daddy Koch when he gets a butt whooping. He gets called out for not being able to find a source outside of oil company propaganda on a regular basis. He'll cry about shooting the messenger here in a minute.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32925 Aug 17, 2014
Canton wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PyJ_k2z-nTAXX
You are such a putz. You do not know who I voted for or if I even voted in any given election for any specific candidate ! You often just make many things up & assume others. We all know what ASSUME means. You are living proof that you are talking out of your ARS because we can smell the stink.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32926 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ammunition is in great demand partly because of supply and demand, something liberals know nothing about. With liberals, it's always a conspiracy theory and not business which is why Democrats should never be in charge of anything.
Supply and demand you say? Hey Colorado. "Just Say No". Ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha ha! Think I'll go clean my AR15 and look at the huge pile of rounds I easily acquired at a sporting goods shop by the mall. You know us Liberals.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#32927 Aug 17, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Pops, what I'd like to see is required public service for ALL young people (men and women.) It doesn't have to be in the military, but that would be an option. Some people have genuine moral objections to combat. But that wouldn't keep them from working in a hospital, or assisting those in need.
I agree with your expansion of the subject. The Peace Corp would be a fine alternate service. Even certain community service depending on ones background. I coached recreational soccer for more than a decade & found it quite gratifying. NO pay other than the feel good feeling of keeping kids off of the streets & trying to guide them through growth. Animal shelters & parks & beaches can all use help & would teach mutual social support.
The last positions that I mentioned could be functions that would allow someone to work a regular job & be with their families.
There are 3 conscientious objectors that have been awarded the Medal of Honor. They weren't afraid, just properly objected as the label states. Desmond Doss, Thomas W Bennett & Joseph G LaPointe JR All 3 brought the ultimate recognition to their tier of people.Blessed are they & their families besides the lives that they saved.
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32928 Aug 17, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you implying?
I'm not implying anything. I'm flat out SAYING that every time the diabetic paper boy opens his trap, he's full of sh!t. Seriously, let's all take a look back at xxxretarded's favorite talking points. Cigarette smoke isn't harmful to children, commies took away my health insurance (because I couldn't afford to pay for it myself), gubment took muh guns, education is overrated, climate change isn't happening, most blacks are too dumb to understand politics, Romney was a liberal plant to make Obama seem more appealing, and on and on and on...
Yep, all easily debunked, racist crackpot bullshitt. Next...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32929 Aug 17, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
May 21, 2014, 8:14 AM
What's behind the national ammo shortage?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-behind-the-...
The ammunition shortage is a real thing. Here’s why it happened.
Updated by Danielle Kurtzleben on July 1, 2014, 3:30 p.m. ET
\Gun dealers report shortages of ammunition
Chuck Raasch, USA TODAY 12:11 a.m. EST February 18, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/news/
Your USAToday link doesn't lead to a story, but the CBS news one does. If you had read it, you would see that it proves my position and completely debunks yours. Thanks, Ray.

"Gun and ammunition sales have been rising since 2008, largely amid concerns over gun control efforts by the Obama administration. They spiked again in late 2012 and early last year after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.

"There are a lot of wild stories," said Mike Bazinet, public affairs director with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the gun industry's trade association, in an interview with the Alaska Dispatch news site. "One story we've heard anecdotally is that the government is buying up all the ammo. That is not true. Government purchases have gone down over last three years."
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32930 Aug 17, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
A thought that I have about your helpful chart is that many many more of the lower income group are likely felons for multiple reasons like child support deficits that reach a felonious amount & just about any drug conviction are not eligible for enlistment, that is not likely with the higher income group. And most of the higher group would be the officers which of course serve longer duty times.
All of these things affect the chart. A clear cause & effect issue.
You cannot forget that the poor have a higher high school dropout rate as well. I'm not sure, but I thought that you had to be at least be a high school graduate to join the military.

I didn't get to Old Guys links yet because I'm kind of busy today, but this one shows that it's not the rich or the poor that join our military. It's pretty much middle-class America serving our country, and we do have volunteers from families that do pretty well in life.
Slumlord Weather Expert

Van Wert, OH

#32931 Aug 17, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Your USAToday link doesn't lead to a story, but the CBS news one does. If you had read it, you would see that it proves my position and completely debunks yours. Thanks, Ray.
"Gun and ammunition sales have been rising since 2008, largely amid concerns over gun control efforts by the Obama administration. They spiked again in late 2012 and early last year after a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Connecticut.
"There are a lot of wild stories," said Mike Bazinet, public affairs director with the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the gun industry's trade association, in an interview with the Alaska Dispatch news site. "One story we've heard anecdotally is that the government is buying up all the ammo. That is not true. Government purchases have gone down over last three years."
Oops. Maybe the racist paper boy should just stick to his precious Heritage Foundation links. At least they won't directly contradict his batshitcrazy paranoid agenda...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
benjamin davis Jan 26 Dawn 2
megan davidson-hunter Jan 25 busy 1
looking Jan 22 looking 1
Kirsten Kelly (Jul '14) Dec '14 usedtobeawaitress 2
Cassity Green (Aug '11) Nov '14 FcukABitchDotNet 3
Review: Vapor Emporia Nov '14 dustin boes 1
adult breast feeding Oct '14 bighoss 1

Winter Storm Warning for Hancock County was issued at February 01 at 3:24PM EST

Findlay Dating
Find my Match