Jerry K

Waverly, OH

#32713 Aug 13, 2014
Secretary of State John Kerry recently announced his disappointment about the failure of a treaty between Israel and Hamas. When questioned negotiators of the treaty said " we were for it before we were against it."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32714 Aug 14, 2014
Jerry K wrote:
Secretary of State John Kerry recently announced his disappointment about the failure of a treaty between Israel and Hamas. When questioned negotiators of the treaty said " we were for it before we were against it."
His only mistake that day was phrasing his response in a direct and accurate way (that accurately described the Senate process) that could be easily exploited by simpletons.

"As part of his case that Kerry has sent mixed messages, Bush asserted that "he voted against the $87 billion supplemental to provide equipment for our troops, and then said he actually did vote for it before he voted against it."

While Bush meant it as a jab, this was an accurate description of the Senate process. Kerry supported a different version of the bill, which was opposed by the administration. At the time, many Republicans were uncomfortable with the administration's plans and the White House had to threaten a veto against the congressional version to bring reluctant lawmakers in line. In a floor statement explaining his vote, Kerry said he favored the $67 billion for the troops on the ground, but he faulted the administration's $20 billion request for reconstruction."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles...

Ten years later, and it's the gift that keeps on giving to those that like to reduce complicated political discourse to slogans.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#32715 Aug 14, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> How about that Maliki didn't AGREE with US terms as compared to being totally "opposed" to negotiation. It does take 2 sides to agree. Maliki was also the democratically elected head of state of Iraq & had powers commensurate to that position . Plus Obama campaigned to remove U.S. troops, so how did that affect negotiations for good or bad? We'll never really know even tho we have opinions.
You say that Obama removed troops "only" because Maliki wanted them removed.(By the way, the war is NOT over) Does that imply that Obama would have kept troops there longer? One of my sons was a member of the 30,000 troop 'surge' & now has measurable PTSD for which he gets some treatment. Just asking.
Pops, you are asking a lot of questions, and I don't think I'm patient enough to answer all of them. But I think a lot of the answers are out there, if you will take some time to read. It's a complicated issue. Here's a good starting point, from 2 years ago:

"All American forces were to leave Iraq by the end of 2011, the departure date set in an agreement signed by President George W. Bush and Mr. Maliki in 2008. Even so, Mr. Obama left the door open to keeping troops in Iraq to train Iraqi forces if an agreement could be negotiated.

The situation the Obama administration inherited was complex. Many Iraqi politicians were worried that Mr. Maliki, a Shiite, was amassing too much power and overstepping the Iraqi constitution by bypassing the formal military chain of command and seeding intelligence agencies with loyalists. Those concerns were aggravated by the political gridlock that plagued Baghdad after the March 2010 elections..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/23/world/middl...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32716 Aug 14, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know who Michael Medved is & I very seldom listen to Rush since I see him as an egotist. I would never listen to him if the local radio station didn't also have traffic reports during his program. Mark Levin is on here after I go to bed so I never hear his program. But then again there is always oppositional programing out there to any program.
I think that both of us can agree that for every 'story' found on line we can find other stories that counter the other. So let's let that position pass. Even the people that think that Jefferson fathered Hemming children say that after DNA test & historic research of TJ & of TJ's brother, his brother may have been the father of Sally's kids. Who can prove different? No one.
As far as you asking who TJ made the request to for a copy/translation of the Koran, does that matter? Maybe TJ could read Arabic to some degree his self. He was a very learned/educated person. What if he got his copy in 1755 or 1804? Does that really matter?
But the start of this was about the Barbary Pirates 17th/18th century. The bottom line about that is that Muslims have been the aggressors since the early years of Mohammed & has NOT changed in 1500 yrs. That's a rather long period of time.
They started what we know as the crusades. Many of their religious verses are based on the old testament including religious sites, not eating pork, Jesus, Abraham & so on. But still want to KILL.
Does it matter who TJ asked for an English translation of the Koran or when? Not really. The Muslim extremist is still stoning female adulterers but not males, they still behead infidels,(remember D. Pearl) they still severe hands of thieves, they still destroy churches, temples & synagogs, etc etc Do 'they' still hold caliphates against other sects of Mohammadism?....YES. Such people are very very dangerous on a world wide scale.
The other foundational tenet of today's "conservatism": "What difference does being wrong make?"
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32717 Aug 14, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> How about that Maliki didn't AGREE with US terms as compared to being totally "opposed" to negotiation. It does take 2 sides to agree. Maliki was also the democratically elected head of state of Iraq & had powers commensurate to that position . Plus Obama campaigned to remove U.S. troops, so how did that affect negotiations for good or bad? We'll never really know even tho we have opinions.
You say that Obama removed troops "only" because Maliki wanted them removed.(By the way, the war is NOT over) Does that imply that Obama would have kept troops there longer? One of my sons was a member of the 30,000 troop 'surge' & now has measurable PTSD for which he gets some treatment. Just asking.
Your pal Taliban Ray wants your son to get his ass back over to Iraq where he belongs.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32718 Aug 14, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> BOTH houses of Congress had approved of expenditures no matter which party was in charge at whatever time so stick that in your pipe & smoke it!!!
So? My discussion was with Ray, not the congress. Ray wants us to maintain our military presence in Iraq indefinitely, so I asked him how he wanted us to pay for that, get it?

By the way, when I wrote "pay" I meant in dollars only, we haven't even gotten to the cost to the minds and bodies of people like your son.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#32719 Aug 14, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
So? My discussion was with Ray, not the congress. Ray wants us to maintain our military presence in Iraq indefinitely, so I asked him how he wanted us to pay for that, get it?
By the way, when I wrote "pay" I meant in dollars only, we haven't even gotten to the cost to the minds and bodies of people like your son.
The Constitution is very specific to the duty of the government and funding.

In fact the military is the number 1 duty of government.

so to answer your question regarding funding…..something gets cut before the military does per the US Constitution.

no worries mate.

PS: the US military has bases all over the world, and 3rd world monetary assistance by the US government was building a base and paying rent. Yes the countries actually had to do something to get paid.

Military service people when signing up understand the potential death aspect of the job. It is a volunteer military of soldiers who give their life to protect America. Hero's. These people wanted this job, nobody forced them.

I hope I cleared up your above post confusion.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#32720 Aug 14, 2014
<quoted text>
The other foundational tenet of today's "conservatism": "What difference does being wrong make?"
Liberalism today goes by that tenet which has been wrong since the New Left Liberal Democrat's Revolution took over in the 1960's and being wrong still makes no difference socially or economically to the Liberal Democrats of today.
Canton

Canton, OH

#32721 Aug 14, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Liberalism today goes by that tenet which has been wrong since the New Left Liberal Democrat's Revolution took over in the 1960's and being wrong still makes no difference socially or economically to the Liberal Democrats of today.
Uhhhh...trickle down. Ummmmm....just say No.....Hmmmm....Iraq will welcome us as Liberators...Clinton's surplus spent without a peep from you...."Obamacare Death Panels"...

Yah...us "Liberals" feel so wrong about stuff...

All those young people signing up to be "New Left" Democrats when they weren't even alive in the 60s. The nerve of them.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32722 Aug 14, 2014
The race baiters have got it going on now, don't they?
Where is the National Guard?
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Resi...
Canton

Canton, OH

#32723 Aug 14, 2014
When those "New Left" Liberals sent our soldiers off to die for nothing more than to make Halliburton billions of dollars and a Christian/Oil Lobby agenda, they really screwed this nation up and divided us. Ooops...I meant when you Conservatives did all that.
ino

Waverly, OH

#32724 Aug 14, 2014
More local news from Ferguson.
Idiots need to be stopped NOW.
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Repo...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32725 Aug 14, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
so to answer your question regarding funding…..something gets cut before the military does per the US Constitution.
no worries mate.
PS: the US military has bases all over the world, and 3rd world monetary assistance by the US government was building a base and paying rent. Yes the countries actually had to do something to get paid.
Military service people when signing up understand the potential death aspect of the job. It is a volunteer military of soldiers who give their life to protect America. Hero's. These people wanted this job, nobody forced them.
Show us in the Constitution where any government obligation is prioritized. Don't you think we have an obligation to only kill our volunteer army for really good reasons, or are they expendable for any whim? It's good to see you are still blissfully ignorant.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#32726 Aug 14, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
no worries mate.
I printed this for quick reference.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32728 Aug 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Commie Care over a trillion dollars. The Pork Bill near a trillion dollars. The millions and millions wasted on green energy failures, and NOW you want to know who is going to pay for stuff.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32729 Aug 14, 2014
Jerry K wrote:
I thought they said they had to sign it to find out what's in it!!!!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32730 Aug 14, 2014
Pops wrote:
Funny how nobody on the left was talking about who got us out of Iraq when DumBama pulled the troops out and was labeled a hero. He and his sidekicks bragged about it for weeks. Now that it's a total failure???? But Bush! But Bush!

LOL!
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#32731 Aug 14, 2014
ino wrote:
More local news from Ferguson.
Idiots need to be stopped NOW.
http://www.kmov.com/special-coverage-001/Repo...
In situations like this, the police should be armed with machine guns and allowed to gun them all down. Bet they won't come back. LOL!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32732 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Commie Care over a trillion dollars. The Pork Bill near a trillion dollars. The millions and millions wasted on green energy failures, and NOW you want to know who is going to pay for stuff.
You don't seem to understand. No surprise there. YOU are complaining about us leaving Iraq. YOU constantly cry about the costs of programs that actually provide a benefit to American citizens. A person truly concern about "fiscal responsibility" would, one would think, give thought to the cost of his proposed military folly.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#32733 Aug 14, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought they said they had to sign it to find out what's in it!!!!
How ironic that your attempt at a comic retort to a misquoted and understood statement is to repeat another misquoted and understood statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE