Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31729 Jul 20, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like you have solved the employment problem. It's all those people driving American vehicles who can't get to work. Ye gods.
Fat , drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.
http://m.theweek.com/article/index/246327/the...
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/25/business/wo...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31730 Jul 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Fat , drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.
What in the world are you trying to communicate?

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#31731 Jul 20, 2014
Congress ostensibly created IPAB to do what Congress itself seems unable to do: cut Medicare spending.(Critics therefore call IPAB a “death panel,” but one could just as defensibly call it a “life panel.”) It’s bad enough that Congress would create a super-legislature with the power to set government spending levels. But IPAB is so much more. Whether by design or by accident, IPAB can impose taxes, appropriate funds, and ration care – with virtually no oversight from Congress, the president, the courts, or voters.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelcannon/201...

Location hidden

#31732 Jul 20, 2014
Obamacare does include a death panel, and the separation of powers is its first target: Kevin O'Brien

http://www.cleveland.com/obrien/index.ssf/201...

PS - kinda sad when Cleveland gives up on a Democrat.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31733 Jul 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Fat , drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son.
It is fairly common knowledge that China cares more about quantity not quality. Let's see what happens here. GM is already having well published problems. They don't need engines of poor machining tolerances to make them go bankrupt again. All we will hear would be a flushing sound if that happens.
Who knows, maybe Toyota would buy them out!

Location hidden

#31734 Jul 20, 2014
Howard Dean:

One major problem is the so-called Independent Payment Advisory Board. The IPAB is essentially a health-care rationing body. By setting doctor reimbursement rates for Medicare and determining which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
They cannot kill a Spook

Detroit, MI

#31735 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> It is fairly common knowledge that China cares more about quantity not quality. Let's see what happens here. GM is already having well published problems. They don't need engines of poor machining tolerances to make them go bankrupt again. All we will hear would be a flushing sound if that happens.
Who knows, maybe Toyota would buy them out!
Gm should been allowed to go under. The few lines that sold like the diesel pickups and the suburban ( and the fancier version from gmc and Cadillac )How would have been bought by someone. They dropped.out if the Medium duty trucks which Izuzu or a similar company would have picked those up. Too big to fail is a bullsh it excuse to bail out democrat voters.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31736 Jul 20, 2014
I truly would hate to see 10's of thousands of workers lose their jobs but if the controlling boards of these capitalistic companies can't find good leadership that is what is supposed to happen.
GM couldn't even sell Hummer, Saturn, Oldsmobile, Pontiac & other divisions. They sold Saab but that didn't last long. Does that say something about their leadership? It would seem so.
Detroit almost became a wild west ghost town because of the arrogant & poorly run car companies. The unions didn't help either. They 'milked' the companies for all that they could for their workers but the management is equally responsible for OK'ing such contracts.
BOTH should have functioned as a team for the benefit of all.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#31737 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> What a jackwagon you are.
I happen to work for VW. Let me share some VW current info with you.
In 2011, VW spent more on R&D than any other car company, currently they are the 3rd largest auto manufacturer in the world. They produce vehicles in at least 18 different countries & market cars that you have never heard of because they are not sold in the U.S.
Audi, Bentley, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Porsche, Seat, Skoda & Ducatti motorcycles & 4 lines of commercial vehicles plus they currently have 19.9% of Suzuki stock.
They teamed with Sanyo to make batteries for their Hybrid Jetta. AND they manufacture & sell more diesels than anyone.
Now companies this size buy & sell divisions every day just as P&G, Kroger, Kraft, Renault etc. so some info could be updated at nearly any time. Such as VW used to have 51.1% of Suzuki stock. Now it's 19.9%, tomorrow, who knows?
And you only make at your last income posting about $23.000 or so grand a year working for VW who pays CLOSE to union wage?
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31738 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
What in the world are you trying to communicate?
Guess. And do it by asking a stupid question.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31739 Jul 20, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And you only make at your last income posting about $23.000 or so grand a year working for VW who pays CLOSE to union wage?
You make assumptions that do not do well for you. I work for a VW dealership.
I am old enough for social security so I can not get a better paying job based on my historic job skills. No one seems to want to hire new people over 50 yrs old. To be direct, I am not a 'young stud' any longer & can't perform many of those higher paying job requirements. But that is the way it is.
There is only 1 alternative to aging & I am too young & too fit to think about that.
Put that info in your pipe & smoke it. I would be more civil IF you would be more civil in your long list of post directed at just about every poster on here.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31740 Jul 20, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And you only make at your last income posting about $23.000 or so grand a year working for VW who pays CLOSE to union wage?
Ever hear if part-time retired employees? You and Che are like 7 year old kids with the questions.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31741 Jul 20, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> Ever hear if part-time retired employees? You and Che are like 7 year old kids with the questions.
And the overt & covert insults. The attacking denigration etc.
Why can't we all just be more civil?
Why can't we simply agree to disagree?
Why can't more people trust & respect others?
Wish that I had the answer. Not that many on here would care. Which is a sad statement in itself.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31742 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>And the overt & covert insults. The attacking denigration etc.
Wish that I had the answer. Not that many on here would care. Which is a sad statement in itself.
Very difficult to do with liberals. They really fall short when it's just about issues, so they resort to name calling, flaming and lying.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31743 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>And the overt & covert insults. The attacking denigration etc.
It is because people like you insist on misquoting and twisting facts to advance your strange political agenda even when you have been shown over and over and over again that you are wrong.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31744 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
It is because people like you insist on misquoting and twisting facts to advance your strange political agenda even when you have been shown over and over and over again that you are wrong.
To use an old old phrase, were you looking into a mirror when you said this? Being wrong or right is a matter of perspective. But the obsessive name calling when the argument can not be argued with some sort of fact belongs to you, Canton & others. I will readily allow that you are far from the worst of these, thank you, but when posters start talking about botching someones mother's abortion, or 'questioning' their lineage, attacking their employment & so on, those people are actually allowing questions about their own intellect & don't realize it.
I have been wrong before, I have made misstatements, misspellings & typo's & I will again. So will XXX, you, Canton, & everyone else on here but Canton & others just jump on that stuff because they seldom have a valid argument or sad self esteem so they get negative. So if they are called 'witless' or names like that, those names are earned (in my opinion). But if someone attacks the fact that they are a truck driver or only make $23,000 a year, what validity does that have? Likely none.
I don't know that I have 'twisted' anything. I may have mis-worded something & tried to clarify a statement later as all of us should strive to do, but I pride myself on consistency.
IF someone has a informative link that I was unaware of & it enlightens me, I am very cool with that & that has happened.
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#31745 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Do they? How ? Why? When ? Where? Huh? Huh?
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31746 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
" twisting" Thats rich. You're the one who tries to flip things around into your somehow needing personal information about someone when you don't have an argument.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31747 Jul 21, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> To use an old old phrase, were you looking into a mirror when you said this? Being wrong or right is a matter of perspective. But the obsessive name calling when the argument can not be argued with some sort of fact belongs to you, Canton & others. I will readily allow that you are far from the worst of these, thank you, but when posters start talking about botching someones mother's abortion, or 'questioning' their lineage, attacking their employment & so on, those people are actually allowing questions about their own intellect & don't realize it.
I have been wrong before, I have made misstatements, misspellings & typo's & I will again. So will XXX, you, Canton, & everyone else on here but Canton & others just jump on that stuff because they seldom have a valid argument or sad self esteem so they get negative. So if they are called 'witless' or names like that, those names are earned (in my opinion). But if someone attacks the fact that they are a truck driver or only make $23,000 a year, what validity does that have? Likely none.
I don't know that I have 'twisted' anything. I may have mis-worded something & tried to clarify a statement later as all of us should strive to do, but I pride myself on consistency.
IF someone has a informative link that I was unaware of & it enlightens me, I am very cool with that & that has happened.
It's usually the liberals that steer the conversation to personal attacks instead of criticizing the substance of the discussion. Funny how all these non-woriking liberals think they can insult a person because they work or what kind of work they do, but never mention how they make an income. Oh, they are retired or are independently wealthy or work from home. For some reason, liberals never have jobs where they go to work everyday, put on some gloves and do an honest 8 hours work.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#31748 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Best comedy quote of 2014.

Che accusing someone of strange political agenda......that is comedy.

America has become so divided there is no possible way to stand in unity any longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where is the Cheri Brooks thread? 20 min DONNA 6
Carrie 25 min Caroline 4
Findlay police explain policy on lethal force Jul 17 murder witness 4
Anyone wanna have fun? Jul 15 CutieMeghan 2
Thplastics Jun '15 Get tips 1
News UF students to host African Night Jun '15 lion 2
Critics Claim The Fury of Mad Max Was Worth th... Jun '15 Culture Auditor 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Findlay Mortgages