Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31689 Jul 19, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> You're an abortion doctor, right?
Yeah. Sorry I botched your mom's operation...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31690 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would invest in Costco. Their market shares are up and they're doing just fine. But what if their market share was half of Wal-Marts and you had a good chunk of dough for investments? I don't think so.
Sure, if you have a choice between two investments producing around the same profit, you might want to consider other factors about the business, but the profit has to be there first.
Most Americans put the almighty dollar over anything else. That's why Wal-Mart is number one today. People get their cheap Chinese products for less than they pay at other stores. They don't care about the lowly floor washer or the minimum wage shelf stocker, they care about getting as much as they can for the amount of money they are limited to spend.
Will Wal-Mart ever change? They would if the attitude of their customers changed, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. We will not support all these good jobs that give us higher priced goods.
It's not that I agree with that attitude, but it is the mood of America right now and has been for years. As for myself, I believe in supporting American businesses if possible. When I make a purchase, if given the choice, I purchase products from our customers. Why? Because our customers give me work.
Didn't you say you drive a Toyota?

One of your biggest problems is you think you know what other people think and why people do things. I have many times chosen to make less money based on a moral principle. It has made me less wealthy, but it has also made me a better person. Just because your ethos is driven by greed doesn't mean everyone else's is too.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31691 Jul 19, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text> good thing you've finally realized Obama and most democrats aren't "Liberals" and that your whole "liberal" persona is an impotent Rage because you're ready to lap up the economic "recovery" as a victory for the president and the "middle class". http://billmoyers.com/2014/07/15/capitalism%E...
So much for your moral justification.
What?

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#31692 Jul 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
what??????????

http://www.hark.com/clips/nsvdjzkfdz-what-a-m...
Canton

Canton, OH

#31693 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What kid in America is going hungry and why? We are the fattest nation on the planet, just ask Mrs. DumBama. 47 million Americans on food stamps eating like pigs. This is not to mention all the charities we have that provide food.
If you legitimately don't have enough food in the house, we have programs for that. If the mother is not feeding the kid correctly, somebody rat her out and the government will take the kid away from her. How much more can anybody do than that?
If you're talking about kids in foreign countries, the answer is simple, don't have kids if you live in that environment, but we can't make people responsible over there. Heck, we are becoming more and more irresponsible here.
The subject of world hunger has already been addressed by Mr. Kinnison who came up with a perfect solution to world hunger:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =P0q4o58pKwAXX
Wow. Now you are fighting against hungry kids. So brave. Such a noble soul. Did I say we should work together? What I meant to say is I wish god would eradicate every single one of you racist Tea Baggers off the planet. And the human race lived happily ever after
Canton

Canton, OH

#31694 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you would invest in Costco. Their market shares are up and they're doing just fine. But what if their market share was half of Wal-Marts and you had a good chunk of dough for investments? I don't think so.
Sure, if you have a choice between two investments producing around the same profit, you might want to consider other factors about the business, but the profit has to be there first.
Most Americans put the almighty dollar over anything else. That's why Wal-Mart is number one today. People get their cheap Chinese products for less than they pay at other stores. They don't care about the lowly floor washer or the minimum wage shelf stocker, they care about getting as much as they can for the amount of money they are limited to spend.
Will Wal-Mart ever change? They would if the attitude of their customers changed, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. We will not support all these good jobs that give us higher priced goods.
It's not that I agree with that attitude, but it is the mood of America right now and has been for years. As for myself, I believe in supporting American businesses if possible. When I make a purchase, if given the choice, I purchase products from our customers. Why? Because our customers give me work.
No, people buy cheap assed sh1t at Walmart because their "job creators" don't pay them enough to afford anything of quality. Only a loon would think that Americans want a cloithes dryer that lasts 2 years when they used to last 20. The only reason they only last 2 now is because of nothing more than greed. You know. Greed. The only reason all the jobs moved overseas. Just plain greed.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31695 Jul 19, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
No, people buy cheap assed sh1t at Walmart because their "job creators" don't pay them enough to afford anything of quality. Only a loon would think that Americans want a cloithes dryer that lasts 2 years when they used to last 20. The only reason they only last 2 now is because of nothing more than greed. You know. Greed. The only reason all the jobs moved overseas. Just plain greed.
Not even close.

If you had two choices, a washing machine for $400.00 or a good one for $800.00, which one would you choose? I will guarantee at least 90% of the people will buy the $400.00 washer first.

I remember back in 1980 when I got my first apartment. I loved television and wanted the best. So I went out and bought a Curtis Mathis for $1,500, and let me tell you, back in 1980, that was a lot of money.

Anyway Curtis Mathis was the best you could buy. Televisions always had problems back then because there was no cable. We had to use antennas on the television or on the roof of the house. The pictures would roll or come in snowy and you always had to adjust them. But not my television. That picture never rolled once.

That television lasted for well over a decade without seeing a repairman once which was very unusual back then. When the really big screens came out, I gave the television to a friend and again, never broke once while they had it, and then they passed it along to one of their friends.

Curtis Mathis became extinct by the 90's. Nobody wanted to pay three times the price for one of their TV's. A 60 inch big screen television of Curtis Mathis quality would cost you over $6,000 today, but it would last you forever.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31696 Jul 19, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Now you are fighting against hungry kids. So brave. Such a noble soul. Did I say we should work together? What I meant to say is I wish god would eradicate every single one of you racist Tea Baggers off the planet. And the human race lived happily ever after
Did you drink too much last night (morning) Canton?

I asked where are these hungry kids you're talking about? I have not met one hungry kid in my life. And if there is a hungry kid somewhere in America, I want to know how that is possible!!!

How would I fight against something that isn't there????
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31697 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
One of your biggest problems is you think you know what other people think and why people do things. I have many times chosen to make less money based on a moral principle. It has made me less wealthy, but it has also made me a better person. Just because your ethos is driven by greed doesn't mean everyone else's is too.
I will guarantee you most people's are. If people invested your way, companies would not be the least interested in profit. They would be gearing towards "moral" things. But nobody is going to invest in a moral company over a profitable company. There is not one successful investment company that would invest that way. Failed and closed up investment companies? Perhaps, but not successful ones.

As for my car, yes, I own a Toyota. It's not because I was looking for cheap, but because I was looking for quality at the same price. I'm not about to spend $25,000 on a car where $3,000 of my money is going to some former union worker that retired at the age of 52. American cars can't compete on the same level as foreign cars that were engineered and manufactured by non-union workers.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31698 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I will guarantee you most people's are. If people invested your way, companies would not be the least interested in profit. They would be gearing towards "moral" things. But nobody is going to invest in a moral company over a profitable company. There is not one successful investment company that would invest that way. Failed and closed up investment companies? Perhaps, but not successful ones.
As for my car, yes, I own a Toyota. It's not because I was looking for cheap, but because I was looking for quality at the same price. I'm not about to spend $25,000 on a car where $3,000 of my money is going to some former union worker that retired at the age of 52. American cars can't compete on the same level as foreign cars that were engineered and manufactured by non-union workers.
You are such an absolutist. It is probably the result of your lack of education. The choice isn't between being a decent human being and any profit at all. It's between being a decent human being and bleeding every last penny out. A person, a company, can make profit and do the right thing as well.

As far as your car, I guess you were just lying when you wrote this:
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>.
It's not that I agree with that attitude, but it is the mood of America right now and has been for years. As for myself, I believe in supporting American businesses if possible.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#31699 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
Right now, it wouldn't seem as if you're making any at all since you're here consistently except for when you're sleeping.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31700 Jul 19, 2014
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Right now, it wouldn't seem as if you're making any at all since you're here consistently except for when you're sleeping.
That's a pretty tired theme. It adds nothing to the conversation and is completely uninformed. Then again, that pretty much sums up everything you write here.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31701 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
You are such an absolutist. It is probably the result of your lack of education. The choice isn't between being a decent human being and any profit at all. It's between being a decent human being and bleeding every last penny out. A person, a company, can make profit and do the right thing as well.
<quoted text>
Toyota Camry's are made in Georgetown KY & actually exported to other countries from there including back to Japan. They manufacture left & right drivers steering columns.
Toyota world headquarters may be in Japan but they employ 10's of thousands here & around the world.
I have been to the Georgetown plant many times. One can actually have 1/4 mile drag races INSIDE of the buildings.
They pay property taxes here, income taxes here, their employees spend millions here, dining out, buying homes, cars, clothing, groceries, buying tickets to Kings Island, the Cincinnati & Louisville zoo's, having their kids in school, soccer, scouts & more.
The same can be said about VW in Chattanooga TN, Honda in Marysville OH & on & on. Which means that their employees are NOT on welfare. NO SNAP, NO section 8 housing, NO WIC, NO EBT, NO reduced lunch programs.
So what the heck is your problem?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31702 Jul 19, 2014
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
What was I lying about? Americans make crap cars, so I have no other choice but to buy foreign. You are trying to compare apples to cement.

I will choose American products over foreign products if they are the same quality only slightly higher for the American product, but I refuse to buy American if it's going to mean thousands of dollars in repair bills, tows, and money lost from being late for work which is what took place with my last American car.

I purchased my car slightly used. But Toyota gave me a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty or seven years--whichever comes first. They can do that because of the quality of their cars, engineering and non-union workforce. American dealerships can't make that offer because their cars start breaking down after 30,000 miles due to the cheap parts they use to offset their losses of retired union workers with benefits.

As far as investments go, it's your lack of education that would lead you to make bad investments and lose money because of what you call morals. The educated people put their money where they can make the most profit, and those are the majority of investors in this country and others. And to be honest, based on what you previously wrote about investments, I seriously doubt you have one dime of personal money invested outside of your IRA if even that. It's easy to talk the talk when you don't have any money in the market.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31703 Jul 19, 2014
I forgot to mention that VW in Chattanooga will be introducing a 7 passenger SUV for release in late 2016. They expect 2000 production workers & 200 engineers. Not bad for new jobs in spite of all of the taxes that the U.S. imposes on success.
Must be complicated import/export taxes, tax breaks & more involved here besides trade agreements.
Pope Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#31704 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
What was I lying about? Americans make crap cars, so I have no other choice but to buy foreign. You are trying to compare apples to cement.
I will choose American products over foreign products if they are the same quality only slightly higher for the American product, but I refuse to buy American if it's going to mean thousands of dollars in repair bills, tows, and money lost from being late for work which is what took place with my last American car.
I purchased my car slightly used. But Toyota gave me a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty or seven years--whichever comes first. They can do that because of the quality of their cars, engineering and non-union workforce. American dealerships can't make that offer because their cars start breaking down after 30,000 miles due to the cheap parts they use to offset their losses of retired union workers with benefits.
As far as investments go, it's your lack of education that would lead you to make bad investments and lose money because of what you call morals. The educated people put their money where they can make the most profit, and those are the majority of investors in this country and others. And to be honest, based on what you previously wrote about investments, I seriously doubt you have one dime of personal money invested outside of your IRA if even that. It's easy to talk the talk when you don't have any money in the market.
If only I could have achieved as much as a slumlord delivery driver. Keep telling me what educated people do.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#31705 Jul 19, 2014
Pops wrote:
I forgot to mention that VW in Chattanooga will be introducing a 7 passenger SUV for release in late 2016. They expect 2000 production workers & 200 engineers. Not bad for new jobs in spite of all of the taxes that the U.S. imposes on success.
Must be complicated import/export taxes, tax breaks & more involved here besides trade agreements.
They voted NO on UAW. Interesting.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31706 Jul 20, 2014
<quoted text>
What?
Your "morals" are all misplaced in the people you elect. Making you a judgemental hypocrite. Have fun with that.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#31707 Jul 20, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. Sorry I botched your mom's operation...
Spoken with that superior morality and "better education".
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31708 Jul 20, 2014
Pops wrote:
Kind of surprising with the price of gasoline today. I would love an SUV but don't want to pay for all that gas.

Right now I fill up about once every two weeks give or take, although Carmry's come with an 18 gallon tank which I love. It all depends on how much I use my remote start when it gets real cold or real hot. As nice of a summer as it's been, I've barely had to start the car to cool it off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Findlay police explain policy on lethal force Jul 17 murder witness 4
Anyone wanna have fun? Jul 15 CutieMeghan 2
Thplastics Jun 28 Get tips 1
News UF students to host African Night Jun '15 lion 2
Critics Claim The Fury of Mad Max Was Worth th... Jun '15 Culture Auditor 1
Review: Bubbles Pet Salon Jun '15 elmcco 1
Debate: Marijuana - Findlay, OH (Jul '11) May '15 Joe shmoe 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Findlay Mortgages