Comments
24,681 - 24,700 of 30,543 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27316 Mar 29, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Premiums have been going up every year for ever. You just never cared when it appeared to be the result of capitalism.
Sure, premiums have been going up and even without Commie Care, they would have continued. But the drastic markups the last couple years are the result of Commie Care and the regulations that accompany the idiotic law.

Employers can keep up with 5,6,8% increases, but 30% in two years is just not sustainable.
What if your car insurance, house insurance, or even grocery bill went up 30% in two years? Next year it's going to be even worse. It's the straw that broke the camels back.

My employer did all that he could do. I can detect guilt on his face when he talks about it. He feels terrible. He has been the biggest proponent of Commie Care since he made the decision to cut our healthcare program. When I told him I was not going to join the program, he was very concerned. I feel bad for the guy. He feels like he's letting us down. It's a real shame what Obama and the Democrats have done to the people of this country.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27317 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, premiums have been going up and even without Commie Care, they would have continued. But the drastic markups the last couple years are the result of Commie Care and the regulations that accompany the idiotic law.
Employers can keep up with 5,6,8% increases, but 30% in two years is just not sustainable.
What if your car insurance, house insurance, or even grocery bill went up 30% in two years? Next year it's going to be even worse. It's the straw that broke the camels back.
My employer did all that he could do. I can detect guilt on his face when he talks about it. He feels terrible. He has been the biggest proponent of Commie Care since he made the decision to cut our healthcare program. When I told him I was not going to join the program, he was very concerned. I feel bad for the guy. He feels like he's letting us down. It's a real shame what Obama and the Democrats have done to the people of this country.
Too bad none of that is true.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27318 Mar 29, 2014
Oh, so you found an article about diabetes and smoking, so now you're an expert. Gee, that must have been hard to do.

Well for your information, each case of diabetes has different levels of severity. Some cases are much easier to control and others are nearly impossible. One size does not fit all.

Smoking does not cause nerve damage or limb deterioration--high sugar does. As long as you can keep your sugars within a certain range, you are not subject to these horrible things that can happen to you.

Granted, any doctor will tell you that smoking is not good for you, but the only thing a person with good control over their sugar has to be a little extra careful of is the heart.

People that take pills for their sugar problems are probably better off not smoking. Pills only do so much because they stimulate your pancreas, but there is only so much stimulation that those pills can do. It's not like insulin where the more you take, the better it works. So diabetics that rely on the pills have to do many other things to keep their sugars down. They really have to watch what they eat, need plenty of exercise, and yes, perhaps cut down or quit smoking. They need to aid those pills any possible way they can.

When you take insulin, it's a totally different story. You can adjust your dosage based on what you plan to eat and no the other way around. You have much better control over your sugar because if it starts getting high, you can take immediate action and bring it back down quickly. You can't do that with pills.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27319 Mar 29, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>I know a lot about diabetes. I've seen the nasty side of it, more than once. They couldn't afford treatments.
Diabetes is like cancer, it's just that it works a hell of a lot slower. But if you have it, it's bound to kill you one day or another. Treatment and testing is the best you can do. That's why I go to the Cleveland Clinic. They're the best in the business. I have a great doctor and he stays up on all the latest. You have to make your appointment with him six to seven months in advance. He is very much in demand.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27320 Mar 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so you found an article about diabetes and smoking, so now you're an expert. Gee, that must have been hard to do.
Well for your information, each case of diabetes has different levels of severity. Some cases are much easier to control and others are nearly impossible. One size does not fit all.
Smoking does not cause nerve damage or limb deterioration--high sugar does. As long as you can keep your sugars within a certain range, you are not subject to these horrible things that can happen to you.
Granted, any doctor will tell you that smoking is not good for you, but the only thing a person with good control over their sugar has to be a little extra careful of is the heart.
People that take pills for their sugar problems are probably better off not smoking. Pills only do so much because they stimulate your pancreas, but there is only so much stimulation that those pills can do. It's not like insulin where the more you take, the better it works. So diabetics that rely on the pills have to do many other things to keep their sugars down. They really have to watch what they eat, need plenty of exercise, and yes, perhaps cut down or quit smoking. They need to aid those pills any possible way they can.
When you take insulin, it's a totally different story. You can adjust your dosage based on what you plan to eat and no the other way around. You have much better control over your sugar because if it starts getting high, you can take immediate action and bring it back down quickly. You can't do that with pills.
There is no expert, on any subject, that you don't know more than. Salud!
Just saying RN

Painesville, OH

#27321 Mar 29, 2014
<quoted text>
There is no expert, on any subject, that you don't know more than. Salud!
Smoking absolutly causes circulation problems known as vascular complications which can lead to limb amputation. Yes I have seen many cases where DM is involved but not every case sometimes it is just smoking.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27322 Mar 29, 2014
The RN from Painesville is right. Smokers suffer peripheral vascular disease 4 to 10 times as much as nonsmokers (depending on how long and how heavily the person smoked), and limb amputation is sometimes the unfortunate end stage of that disease. Smoking with diabetes increases the risk even more.

"80%-90% of patients with lower extremity peripheral arterial disease are current or former smokers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peripheral_vascu...
snorman jones

Pittsburgh, PA

#27323 Mar 30, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27324 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Diabetes is like cancer, it's just that it works a hell of a lot slower. But if you have it, it's bound to kill you one day or another. Treatment and testing is the best you can do. That's why I go to the Cleveland Clinic. They're the best in the business. I have a great doctor and he stays up on all the latest. You have to make your appointment with him six to seven months in advance. He is very much in demand.
He treats you for free too?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27325 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
He treats you for free too?
He's an employee of the Clinic. He could care less if I pay all my medical expenses or none at all. He gets his paycheck either way. Thank goodness he wasn't one of the 3,000 people that lost their job at the Clinic because of Commie Care. I was really worried about that.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27326 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
He's an employee of the Clinic. He could care less if I pay all my medical expenses or none at all. He gets his paycheck either way. Thank goodness he wasn't one of the 3,000 people that lost their job at the Clinic because of Commie Care. I was really worried about that.
The Clinic treats you for free? For a guy getting so much free stuff, you sure lack gratitude.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27327 Mar 30, 2014
<quoted text>
The Clinic treats you for free? For a guy getting so much free stuff, you sure lack gratitude.
I haven't gotten anything free yet. I've always paid my way until the Communists took over the government for a few years. Now everything has changed and everybody must change with it until people get smart enough to elect real Americans to run this country of ours.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27328 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't gotten anything free yet. I've always paid my way until the Communists took over the government for a few years. Now everything has changed and everybody must change with it until people get smart enough to elect real Americans to run this country of ours.
You are crazed and the closest thing any rational person has seen in this country that could be called Communism would be the Conservative's overwhelming and publically declared love of Vladimir Putin. Everything else is in your mind.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27329 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that it has been clearly shown to you that the 3000 people laid off from the Cleveland Clinic because of Obamacare was a conniving right wing lie, yet you still cling to it as if it were fact. I wonder what other things you still desperately cling to, despite being shown hard proof that they were not true? I mean besides everything you believe in.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/11/25/fox-b...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#27330 Mar 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange that it has been clearly shown to you that the 3000 people laid off from the Cleveland Clinic because of Obamacare was a conniving right wing lie, yet you still cling to it as if it were fact. I wonder what other things you still desperately cling to, despite being shown hard proof that they were not true? I mean besides everything you believe in.
And somewhere, a truck driver sits with his diabetic fingers in his ears chanting, "I'm not listening, I'm not listening."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27331 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In some ways, it might be nice to live in your simple world: all of our problems have but a single cause and it's always the fault of those damn Democrats!

The real world is a bit more complicated. If you look at the data, relative to the rest of the world, our healthcare costs started taking off around 1980. Why should that be? Up until that time, we were comparable to other nations in our spending.

If you look at our spending as a percentage of the gross domestic product, healthcare costs increased dramatically from 1982-1992, and then again from 2001-2004. Why should this be so? There have been a lot of analyses of the data, but no one is certain of the true causes.

http://tcf.org/blog/detail/graph-health-care-...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27332 Mar 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You are crazed and the closest thing any rational person has seen in this country that could be called Communism would be the Conservative's overwhelming and publically declared love of Vladimir Putin. Everything else is in your mind.
Hello Canton, and happy Global Warming day to you.

Just wondering, what Republican politician conveyed a message to Putin saying "After the election, I'll have more flexibility?" What Republican running for a major office in this country was supported by the US Communist Party? Boy, I bet that Putin fella is really disappointed that our leader wants to reduce our military capability to WWII levels.

But Republicans love Putin. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27333 Mar 30, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
In some ways, it might be nice to live in your simple world: all of our problems have but a single cause and it's always the fault of those damn Democrats!
The real world is a bit more complicated. If you look at the data, relative to the rest of the world, our healthcare costs started taking off around 1980. Why should that be? Up until that time, we were comparable to other nations in our spending.
If you look at our spending as a percentage of the gross domestic product, healthcare costs increased dramatically from 1982-1992, and then again from 2001-2004. Why should this be so? There have been a lot of analyses of the data, but no one is certain of the true causes.
http://tcf.org/blog/detail/graph-health-care-...
We are all certain of the true causes. This is one of the reasons Commie Care is a failure; it never addressed increasing costs. Hey, DumBama told me that this program would bring down costs by up to $2,500 per family! I think somebody is trying to fool me.

So lets examine some of the reasons healthcare prices are out of control. We will start with the obvious--government.

Medicare and Medicad pays about 2/3 of the bill for their patients. It's to the point the new trend is to refuse these government patients. Doctors and facilities can no longer take that kind of loss.

Throughout the years, facilities increased the cost of services to non-government patients. This means those increased costs were billed to our private insurance companies. That increases the premium prices. The baby boomers are in the retirement phase, and that means more government patients in the future.

Competition. Some states have a practice of only allowing insurance companies that operate in their state to compete for healthcare contracts. This means much less competition which in turn causes higher prices.

National Tort Reform. While lawsuits against medical providers do not amount to much, the cost of legal defense is costly. Insurance companies that provide malpractice insurance take a huge hit, and that means higher malpractice premiums for our medical personnel. And of course, these malpractice costs are transferred to the patients and eventually to our private insurance companies.

National Medical Savings Accounts. Most insurance companies have repeatedly stated that the paperwork costs drive up the price of premiums. These are nickel--dime doctors visits and testing all of which gets processed through the insurance companies. A National Medical Savings Account would eliminate that. It would be a small deduction from your paycheck much like your Medicare contributions. You would have a Debit card sort of speak for when you go to the ER or doctor. After your visit, you swipe your card and the money gets deducted from your MSA. That totally eliminates the insurance company and brings down costs.

These are just a few of the things that would bring down the costs of our healthcare in this country.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27334 Mar 30, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering, what Republican politician conveyed a message to Putin saying "After the election, I'll have more flexibility?"
Do you remember when George W. Bush and Putin were "best of buddies"?

"Saturday, 16 June, 2001
Bush and Putin: Best of friends
By Caroline Wyatt in Ljubljana

Presidents George Bush and Vladimir Putin have met for the first time and appear to have hit it off.

"I looked the man in the eye. I was able to get a sense of his soul."
- George W Bush

At the end of their first summit meeting in Slovenia Mr Bush described Mr Putin as a straightforward and trustworthy man."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/1392791.stm

"Thursday, 15 November, 2001
Bush and Putin 'best of buddies'
By Rob Watson in Crawford, Texas

Just before President Vladimir Putin's arrival here on Wednesday, a large crowd had gathered in the dot on the Texas map known as Crawford.

They were there to catch a glimpse of the Russian's arrival.

Among them was a tall man with cowboy boots and hat, a real local.

Asked what he thought about the visit he paused for a second and then said he was "real excited" and that the two presidents "seemed like real good buddies".

On Thursday as Presidents Putin and George W Bush swapped compliments at Crawford's - population 705 - only high school, the cowboy's assessment seemed right on the money.

Certainly they are an odd pairing, the former spy chief and the former baseball team owner. But they do seem to get along.

Using his famous Texan turn of phrase, the US President once again stressed the personal as the pupils looked on.

"The more I get to know President Putin" he said, "the more I get to see his heart and soul ...the more I know we can work together in a positive way"."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/1659048.s...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27335 Mar 30, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all nice except for one problem: It's the Clinics CEO, a very liberal guy who said the layoffs were because of Commie Care:

"During a regularly scheduled quarterly meeting, Cleveland Clinic President and Chief Executive Dr. Toby Cosgrove told employees about plans to reduce operating expenses by about 6 percent, and cited the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare, as one of the reasons for the cuts."

"To prepare for health care reform, Cleveland Clinic is transforming the way care is delivered to patients," the Clinic's representatives said in a statement. "Over the past several years, we have had an ongoing focus on driving efficiencies, lowering costs, reducing duplication in services and enhancing quality to make health care affordable to patients."

An early retirement package will be offered to about 3,000 employees by late October, Sheil told the Beacon Journal. Any possible layoffs will be considered after January, she added.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/09/1...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
School Fees Aug 16 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 231
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Findlay News, Events & Info