chief

Columbus, OH

#25293 Feb 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Reality Speaks. You're so clever. Also, since I mentioned it in light of someone calling me a typical Liberal, I guess your fake point of agreeing with yourself would be known as VOID. Now let's all take a moment to stop and think about the quality of people like mutt and Reality Chief who stoop to the level of agreeing with their own posts under another name. Feeling like a koookie little fringe group, are we. By "we" I mean all the friends you have living in your head.
The psychophrenia is strong in this one.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25294 Feb 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
It does, but that chapter starts out by saying that it's best if men don't touch women at all...
1 Corinthians 7:1-2
King James Version (KJV)
1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
<quoted text>
And they should realize that same book of the Bible states that eating shrimp is also an "abomination":
Leviticus 11:9-12
King James Version (KJV)
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...
Thank you for your informative response to my post. I understand how some christians can squeeze the "one man, one woman" rule out of Corinthians 7:1, but it addresses the issue of excluding other types of gender specific liaison only inferentially through non-inclusion.You also identified some babblical contradictions with which I was not familiar.

I would like to recommend that Corinthians be amended to include the act of eating sushi to the list of ungodly abominations, perhaps in the form of "It is good for woman to cook fishes from the waters of the seas and the rivers thoroughly before she serves them to her husband without permitting him to touch her gratuitously."
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25295 Feb 12, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>That's just precious. Cletus McOnetooth actually thinks he's a normal person. Looks like him and Cletus McTeaTard(mutt) need to hook up and compare teabagging notes. They're both knowledgeable and expert recipients of the practice.
And just who made your bed and fed you? Oh that's right, the same teacher you had an affair with. Just don't struggle to hard reading those big words, that head is already screwed up enough.
and above is the best the puke can do to spin away his uselessness.

PS: At 52 I have never had a cavity, and ZERO fillings. I also have had dental insurance my entire life. I see the dentist twice a year. My smile is important for customers to see, so dental hygiene is a critical element in my success. My teeth are perfect, and bleached yearly. I must dress for success always, because you don't get a 2nd chance at making a 1st impression. By my preparing myself at all times to make good 1st impressions, I am Cletus McTeaTard.

Cletus McTeaTard does not require a minimum wage, and hasn't for over 30 years. I would bet Cletus gives more money to charity each month than woo boy pays out for entire months bills.

Woo Boy does not like Cletus because he thinks I did not build that. It was the lucky sperm club.

Woo Boy is entitled to my life I earned.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25296 Feb 12, 2014
kuda wrote:
I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm not aware that the bible specifically defines marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.
It's in Genesis (when God created Eve), and Jesus talked about it in Matthew 19:4-6 ...

"Haven’t you read,”[Jesus] replied,“that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said,‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”
Even if it did, so what? I'm not aware that the US Constitution specifically defers to the bible as its ultimate moral authority, nor that it specifically defines marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.
Each society needs to make its laws based on what its people believe are best. Up to this point, our society has been guided more by Christian values. And as a result, we have become the most powerful, prosperous nation on earth.

In recent decades, we've begun to spurn Christian values and a recognition of God, and we've looked to ourselves for wisdom. As a result, we have unborn children being murdered by the hundreds of thousands, a breakdown of the family, high unwed pregnancy rates, rampant STDs, rampant drug use, high unemployment, more govt dependency, and an unsustainable debt. So, even though we have the freedom to choose our own path separate from God, we need to recognize that there will be consequences for it.
People who cite the Leviticus "abomination" reference do so without the benefit/disadvantage of knowing who wrote/translated Leviticus or any reasonable understanding of its actual relevance, but only because it seems to support their deeply held prejudiced belief.
Again, we have present-day evidence that homosexuality is an abomination. As I discussed in another thread, AIDS is a predominately-homosexual disease. The govt, which is not allowed to discriminate, won't permit men who have had sex with men (even once) since 1977, to donate blood. From the CDC website:

"A history of male-to-male sex is associated with an increased risk for exposure to and transmission of certain infectious diseases, including HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Men who have had sex with other men represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV. In 2010, MSM accounted for at least 61% of all new HIV infections in the U.S. and an estimated 77% of diagnosed HIV infections among males were attributed to male-to-male sexual contact. Between 2008 and 2010, the estimated overall incidence of HIV was stable in the U.S. However the incidence in MSM increased 12%, while it decreased in other populations. The largest increase was a 22% increase in MSM aged 13 to 24 years. Since younger individuals are more likely to donate blood, the implications of this increase in incidence need to be further evaluated."

So, like I said, we're free to make laws based on what we feel is right, but there will eventually be a price to pay.
Leviticus schmvidicus. Does anyone really believe that god wrote the bible? If so, why would he/she bother do that?
God didn't write the bible. The books are compiled of letters, poems, historical accounts, prophecies, and songs that were written by men over the course of a couple thousand years. It's purpose is to teach the story of salvation and God's plan for us, and to give insight and inspiration. The bible is a helper, but it was never intended to take the place of a personal relationship with God and the everyday insight that he can give. He is bigger than a book.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25297 Feb 12, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You still on your Buffalo Bill/Silence of the Lambs "taping people's mouths" shut kick? I didn't read it, but I like your 3 paragraph tap dance you had to do, to squirm out of your public death threats...again.
Anyway, back to the folks who lost 2 presidential elections in a row, have the GOP backing away from you like you guys were chimps throwing feces, have our current and more popular Pope spanking you for your obvious greedy agendas, telling us how you will rise again and establish the all white Mayberry for crude oil Jesus vision that America never was. You lose little parking lot fisherman. You and yours are just a sad little piece of hasbeen fluff, crying in the rear view mirror of this great nation, as you get smaller and smaller and smaller...
you are killing yourself with your own stupidity, and me with laughter.

and yes...when you come to confiscate guns or force me to give you anything.....please bring lots of buddies marching in formation. Saves ammo.

I am crying about what is in front of society today, and you.

Your above rant to any normal being makes them shake their head in disgust.

Absolutely without doubt you were not part of what made America beautiful.

People by the millions ran away to immigrate here running from people like you.

You belong to a small fringe group, and have a very bleak future.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25298 Feb 12, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no biblical scholar, but I'm not aware that the bible specifically defines marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.
Even if it did, so what? I'm not aware that the US Constitution specifically defers to the bible as its ultimate moral authority, nor that it specifically defines marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.
People who cite the Leviticus "abomination" reference do so without the benefit/disadvantage of knowing who wrote/translated Leviticus or any reasonable understanding of its actual relevance, but only because it seems to support their deeply held prejudiced belief.
Leviticus schmvidicus. Does anyone really believe that god wrote the bible? If so, why would he/she bother do that?
You are no scholar for sure, and proved that with your 1st sentence.

please study......the answer is there.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#25299 Feb 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
It does, but that chapter starts out by saying that it's best if men don't touch women at all...
1 Corinthians 7:1-2
That was Paul's opinion. He lived his life in total devotion to God, and that worked for him. That's not right for everyone, though. Paul also said that each person should work out his own salvation with fear and trembling. What's alright for one person isn't always beneficial to another. That's why a relationship with God is so important.

As I said in my last post, God is bigger than a book. There are laws against certain behaviors in the bible that are set in stone, and those are consistently mentioned throughout all the writings (murder, stealing, sexual immorality, etc.). History has proven those laws to be sound for any society. But concerning each person's direction for their lives, only God knows what's best.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25300 Feb 12, 2014
UdintEARNthat wrote:
<quoted text>
My favorite part of the Bible, is in Matthew, where Jesus tells his disciples that they will see the end of the world within their lifetime. That kookie little water walking zombie lied to them. Good thing he's only as real as Santa Claus. Still though, he gives the greedy a good excuse to cash in on future generations and destroy the environment with their greed. "We don't need to protect the environment, the second coming is at hand" James Watt-In charge of our natural resources under Reagan. I forget. Was that before or after Al Gore? Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!
Yes — and, of course, we can speed up that glorious day of the second coming by doing everything in our power to incite war in the middle east to fulfill the babblical prophesy when the rapture will sweep all of us god-certified good people to an eternity with him in heaven and leave our unworthy brethren, like all those liberal riffraff, behind behind where they belong to suffer eternal damnation.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25301 Feb 12, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes — and, of course, we can speed up that glorious day of the second coming by doing everything in our power to incite war in the middle east to fulfill the babblical prophesy when the rapture will sweep all of us god-certified good people to an eternity with him in heaven and leave our unworthy brethren, like all those liberal riffraff, behind behind where they belong to suffer eternal damnation.
and above is the reason the Democratic party wants to ban Christmas with exception for bonuses and paid day off.

if they fool enough people, they are re-elected to the gravy train that derails on that glorious day you specified so well.

excuses won't be heard.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25302 Feb 12, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>[deleted for space]
Matthew 19:4-6, which you cite, does not specifically define marriage as restricted exclusively to the union of one man and one woman.

While I agree with you that each society needs to make its laws based on what its people believe are best and I’m willing to assume, for the sake of discussion, that up to this point our society has been guided primarily by Christian values, I believe your conclusion that as a result we have become the most powerful, prosperous nation on earth to be unwarranted. Your conclusion does not necessarily follow from your premises.

Likewise, citing certain infectious diseases, including HIV, to be present-day evidence of homosexuality as an abomination, is equally invalid — and for the same faulty reasoning. You might more properly conclude that sexual relationships among all people to be an abomination since certain infectious diseases, including HIV, are a risk factor for all people.

Finally, I certainly agree with you wholeheartedly that our behaviors, individually and as a society, have consequences, but you have nothing convincing about homosexuality leading to negative consequences. I appreciate that you understand the bible wasn’t written by god and that it is not the ultimate internally contradictory rule book for mankind to follow. It is a recorded history (and perhaps pre-Christian mythology) resource laced with a prevailing code of ethics from the era of its origin.

As I said, I’m no biblical authority, so I defer to your expertise, but not your interpretation based on faulty reasoning. Thanks for your response.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25303 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no scholar for sure, and proved that with your 1st sentence.
please study......the answer is there.
Since there are so many "answers" there and many are open to a wide range of interpretation and often contradictory, you might extend the favor of giving me something specific to which I could meaningfully respond.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#25304 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and above is the reason the Democratic party wants to ban Christmas with exception for bonuses and paid day off.
if they fool enough people, they are re-elected to the gravy train that derails on that glorious day you specified so well.
excuses won't be heard.
I'm all for cutting off all christmas and other bonuses for all those unworthies, the unwashed among us, but I suspect the CEOs of large corporations would get laws passed to prevent that from happening and keep the gravy train rolling on schedule. And speaking of gravy trains, it's just plain wrong to let our employees celebrate Jesus' birthday with a paid day off. It's un-Christian and therefore un-American too. It's about time we clamped down on such soft and fuzzy traditions involving "acts of kindness" toward the communist takers who drag us down by feeling entitled simply because they're fortunate we gave them jobs. They're lucky enough to be cutting our grass and working in our cubicles. We need to destroy everything — today the government and tomorrow the world, just according to god's plan.
UdintEARNthat

Canton, OH

#25305 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you are killing yourself with your own stupidity, and me with laughter.
and yes...when you come to confiscate guns or force me to give you anything.....please bring lots of buddies marching in formation. Saves ammo.
I am crying about what is in front of society today, and you.
Your above rant to any normal being makes them shake their head in disgust.
Absolutely without doubt you were not part of what made America beautiful.
People by the millions ran away to immigrate here running from people like you.
You belong to a small fringe group, and have a very bleak future.
Gee, and I thought they were fleeing England to get away from people who wanted the church and government to walk hand and hand. You know, like you do. I'm glad me making you look like the crazed moron you really are, is funny to both of us. The fact that your sissy @ss has to resort to violence whenever you get mentally crushed is very telling to your mental state. Just a nutless and floundering scare crow of a man. There's not a gun made in the world that is big enough to compensate for what you are lacking. If the government wanted your guns, they would pick them out of the ashes of a GPS coordinated drone strike. You are always just a mouse click away from the express lane to Jesus. Put that in your great Tea Bagger 2nd amendment revolution and spin it. Click...

In light of all of your many failed predictions, I like that you predicted that I'll have a very bleak future, ensuring me continued prosperity and success. I can tell that me calling you a fringe group flunkie obviously get's under your skin, and that has me smiling right now. The fact that it's true though kinda makes you seem even more deranged when you claim you are laughing. It's like some crazy eyed fisherman, laughing insanely at the sky as his ship slowly sinks into the parking lot of Best Buy.

Ahhhh ha ha ha ha! Picture my grinning face right now, you country club sissy boy.
really

Croton, OH

#25306 Feb 12, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all for cutting off all christmas and other bonuses for all those unworthies, the unwashed among us, but I suspect the CEOs of large corporations would get laws passed to prevent that from happening and keep the gravy train rolling on schedule. And speaking of gravy trains, it's just plain wrong to let our employees celebrate Jesus' birthday with a paid day off. It's un-Christian and therefore un-American too. It's about time we clamped down on such soft and fuzzy traditions involving "acts of kindness" toward the communist takers who drag us down by feeling entitled simply because they're fortunate we gave them jobs. They're lucky enough to be cutting our grass and working in our cubicles. We need to destroy everything — today the government and tomorrow the world, just according to god's plan.
. Now this rag has flipped to preaching the gospel? AYKM. Does this give you an idea on what goes "on agreement" in Washington ? How could you expect any better? The guys are all scholars, right? Any have jobs? They got Internet! Bet there single!
UdintEARNthat

Canton, OH

#25307 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
excuses won't be heard.
Excuses won't be heard? Then how do you explain your long and rambling post you put up to try to back peddle out of another one of your public death threats? Ahhh ha ha ha! Click
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#25308 Feb 12, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
In recent decades, we've begun to spurn Christian values and a recognition of God, and we've looked to ourselves for wisdom.
Actually, belief in God and Christianity remains very high in the U.S.:

"More than 9 in 10 Americans still say "yes" when asked the basic question "Do you believe in God?"; this is down only slightly from the 1940s, when Gallup first asked this question."

http://www.gallup.com/poll/147887/americans-c...

However, it seems that less religious countries are happier:

"If religion contributes to happiness, then the most religious countries should be happiest. Yet, the opposite is true.

According to Gallup data for 2010, the happiest nations were Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and the Netherlands. These are among the least religious countries in the world. Also according to Gallup data, Sweden, Denmark and Norway were the second, third, and fourth least religious states, being exceeded only by Estonia in their atheism."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nigel-barber/ar...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25309 Feb 12, 2014
UdintEARNthat wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuses won't be heard? Then how do you explain your long and rambling post you put up to try to back peddle out of another one of your public death threats? Ahhh ha ha ha! Click
why do you keep calling a defined action as a threat?

you re-defining the word Threat?

when someone tells you if you do this, then I will do that....that is a threat?

you go right on thinking you can confiscate personal property just like Hitler did, and I promise to keep my promise to you I am smarter than the French were.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#25310 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you keep calling a defined action as a threat?
you re-defining the word Threat?
when someone tells you if you do this, then I will do that....that is a threat?
you go right on thinking you can confiscate personal property just like Hitler did, and I promise to keep my promise to you I am smarter than the French were.
As a matter of fact, that is exactly what a threat is, Walter. My goodness, the depth of your ignorance has no limit.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#25311 Feb 12, 2014
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there are so many "answers" there and many are open to a wide range of interpretation and often contradictory, you might extend the favor of giving me something specific to which I could meaningfully respond.
how do you want to interrupt the word abomination?

spitting on the curb, or specifically as written in the Bible?

you said the Bible was not specific, and I said keep reading is all.

Contradictory is an opinion regarding very specific behavior spelled out in basic form. I call that either naive, ignorant, or defiant.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#25312 Feb 12, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and above is the best the puke can do to spin away his uselessness.
PS: At 52 I have never had a cavity, and ZERO fillings. I also have had dental insurance my entire life. I see the dentist twice a year. My smile is important for customers to see, so dental hygiene is a critical element in my success. My teeth are perfect, and bleached yearly. I must dress for success always, because you don't get a 2nd chance at making a 1st impression. By my preparing myself at all times to make good 1st impressions, I am Cletus McTeaTard.
Cletus McTeaTard does not require a minimum wage, and hasn't for over 30 years. I would bet Cletus gives more money to charity each month than woo boy pays out for entire months bills.
Woo Boy does not like Cletus because he thinks I did not build that. It was the lucky sperm club.
Woo Boy is entitled to my life I earned.
Looks like mommy changed that dirty crapped in Good-Nights for a fresh clean Pull-Up and brushed your tooth for you. You calmed down enough to type out a full sentence, but it didn't stop the lying. Mommy has to dress you to impress her friends so you don't embarrass her and granny. Of course the bib is a dead giveaway though.
Oh yeah, that Monopoly money she gives you everyday, it's not real. They just take it and smile so you won't threaten to kill them too.
You do know that when you build something, that Legos and Lincoln Logs don't count. While you were still playing with them Transformer toy thingy's, I was training apprentices in the real thing. They and myself can actually drive around and point and honestly tell people,"I helped build that." That's something you'll never know about from living off of mommy.
I bet money though that the next stupid rants are back to the one-liners goobelydook that usually comes from that home-schooled educated mind.
We can tell when you dirty in that fresh Pull-Up (or is it Depends?) cause you get real cranky and butt-hurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
Findlay Dating
Find my Match

Findlay Jobs

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Findlay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Findlay

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]