Comments
22,641 - 22,660 of 30,474 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24868 Jan 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
But see little girl, you don't pay me
Is "Reality Speaks" actually a girl, or are you calling him that because you think girls are inferior?
and December 25th is a pagan holiday.
Those pagan gods must have been real losers, Anybody care about 'em now? Nope? Well, merry Christmas to all, then.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24869 Jan 31, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And what are the approval ratings for the moronic, most obstructionist Republicans in Congress in the history of this country. Not even half of Obama's. Imagine that. Those idiots have no ideas, no plans, just lies and slander at the beckoning of the likes of ALEC, U.S. COC and other dark money string pullers. It's funny how the worst president EVER got elected not once but twice while the GOP has put nothing but losers out there. They can't open their mouths without shooting themselves in the foot every day. It's like a skipping LP album.
Mainly what the majority of this country hears is their little butt- hurt crybabies whine. In all of the different forms of math I have learned 2-2=5 is still the wrong answer and will always be. Well, not to some people.
Typical Lib/progressive reply to truth...change the subject

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#24871 Jan 31, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
...In spite of my upbringing and family, I'm really not all that religious. I do believe in God however. You don't need to go to church or read the Bible to realize there is a God. All you have to do is watch those nature shows for a couple of hours, and if that doesn't make you a believer, no religion will.
Romans 1:18-20

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24872 Jan 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
Well, actually we were talking about evolution. You said that you couldn't see how life could spring from non-life, and therefore there must be a creator. I asked you then how the creator came to be. You admitted you had no idea. That's a real problem with your "theory." Because you can't understand how life could evolve from non-life, you suggest a creator. But then you still don't understand how a creator could come to be, and yet you are OK with that. A theory can be tested, and has the potential to be falsified. What test would you offer that could disprove your "theory" of the creation of life?
The evolutionists' own tests are evidence that life can't be created by happenstance. The links you provided about abiogenesis were interesting, but actually show that after chemicals have been manipulated in the "perfect" conditions by scientists for decades, they haven't been able to create life. And certainly not the complexity of life we know today. I agree with the chemist, Christian de Devu (?) who said that life would have had to begin and multiply quickly -- not over the course of thousands of years -- otherwise the odds are it would have succumbed to the elements.

What are your beliefs, exactly? God or no God? What's the purpose of believing that evolution is the basis of life?

I've read a bit about thermodynamics, and how the laws are applied. If you insist on being completely scientific in your reasoning (i.e. no God or supernatural designer of any type), then you simply don't exist. The 1st Law of Thermodynamics basically says that energy & matter doesn't increase or decrease, it just changes form. You can't get something from nothing. So, it's impossible for you to be here, scientifically speaking.

Now, if your motive isn't to disprove the existence of God, and you just want to talk about the beginning of life on the planet, that's fine. I do agree that there is small-scale adaptability that occurs in certain species. But simply believing that all life evolved from a cell(s) doesn't disprove the existence of an intelligent designer, especially to the point that you think ID shouldn't be taught in schools.
Pops

Newport, KY

#24873 Jan 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence, Pops? Or is that just a factoid you heard on talk radio? I've always thought that Obama played down his blackness, and acted like the average bright white guy. That's probably why he was elected twice. At least half of your comments focus on his race, while offering no specifics about what you dislike. It makes you look bad.
Come on Old Guy. Don't insult yourself. I believe that you are smart enough to know that what I posted is true.
I truly don't care about his race, gender, age, height, weight or anything else that is superficial.
I have been an employer & cared only if someone could work with others & benefit the business. Color, short, tall, young, old, male, female, had a limp, or whatever didn't matter IF they were an asset to the bottom line. That is what made the company money & thusly them money.
IF Obama 'played down his race' as you say, with HIS ego & self serving attitude, it is because his advisers/handlers have counseled him well. Like turning his back on Jeremiah Wright after 20 yrs after his advisers clued him in.
Getting elected twice is a result of successful 'marketing' which sadly is something EVERY politician relies on...image marketing.
I can add more but this should be enough.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24874 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Is "Reality Speaks" actually a girl, or are you calling him that because you think girls are inferior?
<quoted text>
Those pagan gods must have been real losers, Anybody care about 'em now? Nope? Well, merry Christmas to all, then.
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar. Jesus will be a floater right next to Zeus and Ra. In fact, that's what all of this is really about. A dying religion and a country that you guys don't recognize anymore. Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#24875 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar. Jesus will be a floater right next to Zeus and Ra. In fact, that's what all of this is really about. A dying religion and a country that you guys don't recognize anymore. Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
after reading above, I declare you a terrorist.

You must have re-defined American, because you have ZERO resemblance to one.

You are the problem with America, and she is about to abort you.

have fun.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24876 Feb 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is taught in religion, God was always there. There was no beginning for him. How is that possible?
As I said before, religion does not have to make logical sense. It is a stories that early man told himself trying to explain a very complicated world, and develop rules for living together. We now know that some of those stories were wrong in the literal sense.

I'm sure you know that Galileo got into trouble with the Catholic religion, when he noted (quite correctly) that the Earth was not the center of the universe, but rotated around the sun.

"In the Catholic world prior to Galileo's conflict with the Church, the majority of educated people subscribed to the Aristotelian geocentric view that the earth was the center of the universe and that all heavenly bodies revolved around the Earth, despite the use of Copernican theories to reform the calendar in 1582.

Geocentrism agreed with a literal interpretation of Scripture in several places, such as 1 Chronicles 16:30, Psalm 93:1, Psalm 96:10, Psalm 104:5, Ecclesiastes 1:5 (in contrast with Job 26:7). Heliocentrism, the theory that the Earth was a planet, which along with all the others revolved around the Sun, contradicted both geocentrism and the prevailing theological support of the theory."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_affair

Somehow, the Catholic Church and the Bible both survived being wrong on this factual point.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24877 Feb 1, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it possible the universe goes on forever? And even if we ventured out into the universe far enough and found a wall, what's behind the wall?
I remember having the very same thought when I was young, and thinking they could just take a jackhammer to that wall! Actually, this is an active scientific discussion, with those that believe that the universe is finite, while others believe it is infinite. The finite universe would not have a wall, but could curve back upon itself. If you took a walk around our planet, that might seem infinite, but eventually you'd wind up back where you started.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24878 Feb 1, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
As I said before, religion does not have to make logical sense. It is a stories that early man told himself trying to explain a very complicated world...
Much like evolution is the modern man's way of trying to explain a very complicated world without God. And it might have worked, except the world is, indeed, very complicated ... one that requires a designer.
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24879 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
I don't have to answer to someone who has already been proven to be a liar.
You just answered.
Mayberry is burning and Americans love it.
Another lie. Mayberry is burning, and Americans are upset about it:

&fe ature=player_embedded
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24881 Feb 1, 2014
Oops. That first line should read: "I just wanted to say how much I have enjoyed some of YOUR thoughtful responses on this question."
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#24882 Feb 1, 2014
And, I meant to say "I have always been impressed with the intellectualism of the Catholic CHURCH."

I've got to start proofreading my replies a bit closer!
Canton

Canton, OH

#24884 Feb 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
after reading above, I declare you a terrorist.
You must have re-defined American, because you have ZERO resemblance to one.
You are the problem with America, and she is about to abort you.
have fun.
I am the poster child for all things American. You however claimed you were going to flee the country if Obama got elected. That makes you both a liar and traitor in one fell swoop. Now let's combine that with the fact that you completely agreed with Timothy McVeigh on just about every topic and you have the real face of domestic terrorists in America. Now about that check list of fascism that your agenda matches to the letter. Also, let's not forget your "Conservative Hero", Vladimir Putin. You truly are a patriot.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24885 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered.
<quoted text>
Another lie. Mayberry is burning, and Americans are upset about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =L7mYg6Gt15oXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
No need to even click on your link. Youtube as the source of anything about sums you up. Better stick to agreeing with your own posts, lil Putin fan.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24886 Feb 1, 2014
mutt wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like evolution is the modern man's way of trying to explain a very complicated world without God. And it might have worked, except the world is, indeed, very complicated ... one that requires a designer.
Yah, the concept of all this always being is absurd. Just ask God, the Alpha and Omega. Ha ha ha ha! I'm a Deist like the founders of this great nation. Christianity hi-jacked the country for decades and now I get to watch as America shrugs you off like a cheese scented coat. The cool thing about people who actually believe in science is we don't pretend that we have the answers like you do, seeing there is no possible way you know how all this started or what happens after we die. Saying that you know the answer to these things is not only arrogant, but also what's known as a lie. Something you and all your imaginary friends are very knowledgeable on. You can stick to your rapidly fading fear based superstitions and the rest of us will gleefully leave your conniving 3000 year old lice infested shepherd ways in the past.
Canton

Canton, OH

#24887 Feb 1, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
much easier to ignore you, and if you get feisty about it, just duct tape your mouth.
loons like you swim in Canadian water.
You are creepy. I see you have slipped back into your "It puts the lotion in the basket" mode. When you aren't duct taping people's mouths shut, you like to fish for Marlin in Best Buy's parking lot. Also, responding to my post is really "ignoring" me...right?
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24888 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
No need to even click on your link. Youtube as the source of anything about sums you up. Better stick to agreeing with your own posts, lil Putin fan.
You don't want to listen to some black people in Chicago talk about the great job Obama is doing? They produced the video. What are you afraid of ... aren't you dems the ones who are doing so much for the blacks?
&fe ature=player_embedded

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#24889 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow...after stammering "Mission Accomplished", you really want to take it there? Oh, and...how many US soldiers died because Obama sent them off to attack the wrong country? Bet you were as quiet as a church mouse through all that. Also, could you go ahead and give us a link to the "coalition of 'Blacks for Obama'" thing you were talking about? Bet you can't.
I believe you owe "XYZ" an apology:
http://l.barackobama.com/african-americans/
mutt

Chillicothe, OH

#24890 Feb 1, 2014
Canton wrote:
Yah, the concept of all this always being is absurd. Just ask God, the Alpha and Omega. Ha ha ha ha! I'm a Deist like the founders of this great nation. Christianity hi-jacked the country for decades and now I get to watch as America shrugs you off like a cheese scented coat. The cool thing about people who actually believe in science is we don't pretend that we have the answers like you do, seeing there is no possible way you know how all this started or what happens after we die.
Lie. Again.

I actually said I have no idea how God or matter came into existence. I said that our world is too complex to have been created by happenstance, and that schools should be allowed to teach both evolution and ID. You, on the other hand, want to completely shut out other people's ideas ... just like a good little fascist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
School Fees Aug 16 Parent 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug 2 gary 2,230
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul 30 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
McComb raid uncovers suspected meth lab (Sep '08) Jul '14 unknown 13
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 231
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Findlay News, Events & Info