Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Findlay Forum

Comments (Page 1,089)

Showing posts 21,761 - 21,780 of28,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23835
Jan 12, 2014
 
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't have room to address this part of your post.
Lets say that you ran into a good chunk of money.
You make it sound like I wrecked my car into a bank vault!
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets also say that this money was about $500,000 that we're talking about. So you ask somebody for some help, in this particular instance, you ask me.
You don't want anything too risky. It's a lot of money to take big chances. You want something that will grow and yet be secure.
That seems like a reasonable objective, growth with security.
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So I narrow it down to two companies for you:
Company A has been in business for a long time. It's a very secure investment that has an average of 3.1% growth.
Company B is also a business that's been around for a long time. It too is very secure with a 5.25% annual growth.
Now which company would you choose to invest in? Before you answer, I want you to consider their gross earnings. Company A has a gross earning of 2 billion dollars a year. Company B has a gross earning of 10 million a year.
I'm going to take Option C, which is not to invest in any individual company, but to invest instead in a broadly based mutual fund. An individual company is a risky investment. A total market fund gives you growth and security (along with very low expenses for the account.)
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Now as an investor, do you give a rats azz how much they gross, or do you only care about the growth of your money? Of course you don't care what they gross and neither do most other investors.
You're wrong there. I've tried very hard to make sure I invested my money wisely. The size of the company (as measured by gross sales) is important. But it's just one piece in a big puzzle. Some companies can look very good on paper, and have a solid history, too. Just before they go belly up.
Yes, this is the voice of painful experience... Here the example of what happened to Bell Labs (aka Lucent.) Bell Labs had an amazing track record and a fistful of patents for some of the fundamental aspects of our modern digital world. They invented the transistor!
Sound like a good investment?
"Lucent had 14 straight quarters where it exceeded analysts' expectations, leading to high expectations for the 15th quarter, ending Dec. 31, 1999. On January 6, 2000, Lucent made the first of a string of announcements that it had missed its quarterly estimates, as CEO Rich McGinn grimly announced that Lucent had run into special problems during that quarter--including disruptions in its optical networking business--and reported flat revenues and a big drop in profits. That caused the stock to plunge by 28%, shaving $64 billion off of the company's market capitalization.... Subsequently, its CFO, Deborah Hopkins, left the company in May 2001 with Lucent's stock at $9.06 whereas at the time she was hired it was at $46.82."
"In 2001 there were merger discussions between Lucent and Alcatel, which would have seen Lucent acquired at its current market price without a premium and the newly combined entity would have been headquartered in Murray Hill....The failure of the merger talks caused Lucent's share price to collapse, and by October 2002 the stock price had bottomed at 55 cents per share."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucent
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23836
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Monday 12-23-13
Post 23155
Page 1067
Yet you were in Canton over Christmas. Lie much? YEAH
Christmas is December 25th you idiot.

Ever hear of an automobile that can travel 100 miles in less than 2 hours?

crawl back into your mud hut and continue whining.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23837
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I will tell myself that tomorrow when I wake up, and have breakfast outside by the pool, prior to Marlin fishing.
Keep laughing.
Sunscreen is on my todo list for tomorrow
Marlin fishing in Canton. Really.
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23839
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Marlin fishing in Canton. Really.
You should check out the surfing here. Of course our wives don't make 6 figures for filing papers in these parts but, hey... when you're making it all up anyway...why not? Now excuse me. I have to ride my commie fueled unicorn over to Al Gore's evil weather lab...
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23840
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Christmas is December 25th you idiot.
Ever hear of an automobile that can travel 100 miles in less than 2 hours?
crawl back into your mud hut and continue whining.
Every hear of a jack@ss that can type? Me neither, yet here you are.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23841
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

GhostRider wrote:
<quoted text>
You should check out the surfing here. Of course our wives don't make 6 figures for filing papers in these parts but, hey... when you're making it all up anyway...why not? Now excuse me. I have to ride my commie fueled unicorn over to Al Gore's evil weather lab...
My magic unicorn runs on burning bibles and sh!ts dead babies...
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23842
Jan 13, 2014
 
GhostRider wrote:
<quoted text>
Every hear of a jack@ss that can type? Me neither, yet here you are.
LOL and who still calls them "automobiles" anyway.

"Hi, I'm Reality Speaks, and I spent a fortnight touring the corners of the Good Lord's flat Earth in my newfangled automobile, spending my wifey's hard earned kissie pennies and zip-lining over volcanoes. Golly gee willikers, it was the bee's knees!"
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23843
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

2

Republican 101 wrote:
<quoted text>LOL and who still calls them "automobiles" anyway.
"Hi, I'm Reality Speaks, and I spent a fortnight touring the corners of the Good Lord's flat Earth in my newfangled automobile, spending my wifey's hard earned kissie pennies and zip-lining over volcanoes. Golly gee willikers, it was the bee's knees!"
Your bewitcheries have me hornswoggled, henceforth, my horseless carriage is nicer than everyone else's. It's got Moxie!
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23844
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

Careful. If we keep talking like that, Pops will think he's relevant.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23845
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/an...

Just thought I'd post this for the Ohio Pajama boys in Canton and Van Wert. Democrats are now making it easier for you to go on your first dates. ROFLMAO
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23846
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UdintBuildThat wrote:
http://goodmenproject.com/feat ured-content/andrew-smiler-a-g uys-guide-to-the-gender-minimi zed-1st-date/
Just thought I'd post this for the Ohio Pajama boys in Canton and Van Wert. Democrats are now making it easier for you to go on your first dates. ROFLMAO
So, how did you happen to stumble upon this website? It doesn't seem like something anyone would find without some active looking...
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23847
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how did you happen to stumble upon this website? It doesn't seem like something anyone would find without some active looking...
I learned to ignore UdBT's offtopic propaganda links a long time ago.
But let me guess, it's a Breitbart link comparing taxes to commie wealth redistribution, or another gay-dating website for insecure rich boys, right...

Roflmao!!!
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23848
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UdintBuildThat wrote:
http://goodmenproject.com/feat ured-content/andrew-smiler-a-g uys-guide-to-the-gender-minimi zed-1st-date/
Just thought I'd post this for the Ohio Pajama boys in Canton and Van Wert. Democrats are now making it easier for you to go on your first dates. ROFLMAO
Didn't click your link, but here's one about a scientific study that showed the biggest homophobes were actually secretly gay...I think you personally will find it very revealing.

http://www.ibtimes.com/homophobes-likely-be-c...

Also...I'm in my 40s, so the real question is, why are you babbling on about boys in their pajamas?
UcouldntEARNthat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23849
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UgonnaLikesIT...just stretch out those soft, chubby, little Honey Boo Boo of the country club, greedy trust fund baby hands and tell your hardworking parents "Gimme, gimme".

The rest of us REAL Americans are happy to EARN...say it with me little Gim Gims...E-A-R-N what we have. A concept that doesn't fit into your whole-never had to work an honest day in your life-plan.

Now I want you to have your illegal groundskeeper drive you in your mini-Hummer golf cart to the center of your hand me down success story 400 acres, and shout at the top of your lungs..."I could NEVER earn this! Gimme!...", followed again by, "Gimme!"

Then have him race you back to the freebie leech pad, where your frightened and foreign internet order bride is waiting to pretend that she can stand you.

Still, in your defense, you only frighten her because she has personally seen the face of fascism.
UcouldntEARNthat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23850
Jan 13, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how did you happen to stumble upon this website? It doesn't seem like something anyone would find without some active looking...
I think he "stumbled" over to his Favorites menu.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23851
Jan 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

UcouldntEARNthat wrote:
UgonnaLikesIT...just stretch out those soft, chubby, little Honey Boo Boo of the country club, greedy trust fund baby hands and tell your hardworking parents "Gimme, gimme".
The rest of us REAL Americans are happy to EARN...say it with me little Gim Gims...E-A-R-N what we have. A concept that doesn't fit into your whole-never had to work an honest day in your life-plan.
Now I want you to have your illegal groundskeeper drive you in your mini-Hummer golf cart to the center of your hand me down success story 400 acres, and shout at the top of your lungs..."I could NEVER earn this! Gimme!...", followed again by, "Gimme!"
Then have him race you back to the freebie leech pad, where your frightened and foreign internet order bride is waiting to pretend that she can stand you.
Still, in your defense, you only frighten her because she has personally seen the face of fascism.
and you call yourself a real American?

What made America great is the people who went the extra mile to break the mold of average.

Fact.
UcouldntEARNthat

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23852
Jan 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and you call yourself a real American?
What made America great is the people who went the extra mile to break the mold of average.
Fact.
Right, like all of the Jesus sheep who all walked like ducks in row. "Standing up" to scientific fact hardly makes you a real American. It makes you a flat earth idiot. One that even the GOP now views as a toxic, kookie, little insignificant fringe group with corporate paid politicians.

For once, me and the GOP agree. You suck, not me, you see? Hee hee.
GhostRider

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23854
Jan 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And they're trying to keep women from being forced into prostitution too! Those Democrats are such concerned people:
House Democrats claim global warming will drive women to prostitution
April 30, 2013
http://www.examiner.com/article/house-democra...
You get crazier and more desperate with each post. Hey, batboy says Elvis is still alive. Tell the ghost that lives in your truck that science is for dummies. I'm much more concerned with what science has to say about global warming than politicians. Take the overwhelming majority of scientists who disagree with the outdated fossil fuel propaganda you sadly cling to, for instance.

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23856
Jan 14, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Whenever I pull up to a vehicle with a liberal bumper sticker like ObAma or CoExist or whatever kind of liberal BS, I just put my PickUp truck in neutral and gun the engine to make lots of exhaust.

Hope it pisses em right off.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23858
Jan 14, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

UcouldntEARNthat wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, like all of the Jesus sheep who all walked like ducks in row. "Standing up" to scientific fact hardly makes you a real American. It makes you a flat earth idiot. One that even the GOP now views as a toxic, kookie, little insignificant fringe group with corporate paid politicians.
For once, me and the GOP agree. You suck, not me, you see? Hee hee.
maybe you can cut in the food line again tomorrow?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,761 - 21,780 of28,430
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Diesel Trucks Jul 5 Rosco 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
Kirsten Kelly Jul 1 ugh 1
International visitor praises work of Findlay K... Jun 28 Jud 1
kkk chapter right here in town (Mar '13) Jun 28 Hawkeye 12
NB PD under fire from Village Council (Jan '14) Jun 27 Hawkeye 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Findlay News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Findlay
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••