Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010?

Posted in the Findlay Forum

Comments (Page 1,071)

Showing posts 21,401 - 21,420 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not trying to beat you up. I'm trying to help you. You want to get your message out. I'm suggesting some small changes that will help you to more effectively communicate.
I know that the status quo here is full on attack, all the the time, but I don't play that game. I know there's a real person behind all your bluster. And I'd like to say "Merry Christmas" to you (and to all the other Topix knuckleheads out there!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_truce
Old Guy, it was an attack. It had nothing to do with the topic being discussed. But that's okay. It is Christmas, and Canton is sitting home all alone because he does't want to be a hypocrite by celebrating Christmas with his family :-D

Merry Christmas to you and everybody here.
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

I'm not really inclined to attack anyone here today, soo...
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope y'all enjoy spending time with your loved ones, and I'll be back tomorrow to help resume our "spirited debates". LOL
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Agree, like the old Indian said, "Once you poison the land, the air and the water, you'll find out that you can't eat cash."
I don't know about the old indian part but that does not diminish the value of the message. I like it.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>And then, you got drunk.
Even if I had gotten drunk, your own post just now states that my post is sober. TY for the endorsement.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
I'm not really inclined to attack anyone here today, soo...
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope y'all enjoy spending time with your loved ones, and I'll be back tomorrow to help resume our "spirited debates". LOL
TY. Great wishes to ALL this day. Now is it too late for Woo Boy to join the Christmas truce?

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

The armistice is on for today? We'll pick up tomorrow.
Merry Christmas y'all!
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Guy, it was an attack. It had nothing to do with the topic being discussed. But that's okay. It is Christmas, and Canton is sitting home all alone because he does't want to be a hypocrite by celebrating Christmas with his family :-D
Merry Christmas to you and everybody here.
So there is really nothing you know about me. Still...Merry Christmas.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'll do that:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/08...
Oh boy. There you go again with the James Taylor links. Haven't you already been shown what a conservative tool that guy is? Nobody can trust a word that energy lobby paid goon has to say. Now about those undeniable facts of so many record highs in one year. Tens of thousands..you know, what you called "a few warm days". No agenda there...ha ha! Hey, why did the Conservatives spend a billion dollars to refute climate change and why are all the donors energy corporations who are now hiding their tracks? Nothing says legit like hiding where your money is coming from. Now any way...you were telling us about this flat earth we live on. Do tell.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like I've posted repeatedly, liberals think they can turn everybody else into a Commie by making them feel guilty. It's sort of a reverse psychology thing they try in spite of it's failure.
If you support Bush, you're stupid. If you like Palin, you're dumb. If you criticize DumBama, you're a racist. If you are a constitutionalist, you're Timothy McVeigh. if you listen to Rush, you support a drug addict.
But two can play that childish game. American Communist Quotes:
2.“Rebuilding the social infrastructure will generate 11 million jobs. At least 3 million could be at work within 6 months — if the funds were available from Congress.”
3.“Moving toward a productive green economy must be based on federal financing and a national industrial policy.“
5.“For nearly half a century the nation’s working people embraced and took comfort in the American dream — a dream whose promissory note read that if you work hard and do the right things, a good and secure life is attainable. I wouldn’t say that dream is dead, but more and more people have less and less hope that it is within reach. Forces beyond their control have snatched it from them.”
9.“The Tea Party was birthed by media extremists and racist elements to break up the unity of 2008. They were able to change the debate and peel off some Democratic votes, but they were not able to stop the legislation.”
11.“Only majority movements can skin the rightwing cat, the neoliberal dog, and the globalizing rat.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/06/08/quiz-who-sa...
Sound familiar?
I love how when you Google your source "The Daily Caller" the word "Bias" appears in the top 3 listings provided by Google. Rubbish. Now back to the documented and historically accurate scientific data I have been providing. Save your militia propaganda websites for the conspiracy theorists at the gun show.
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how when you Google your source "The Daily Caller" the word "Bias" appears in the top 3 listings provided by Google. Rubbish. Now back to the documented and historically accurate scientific data I have been providing. Save your militia propaganda websites for the conspiracy theorists at the gun show.
And Merry whatever to you too Canton. How was your holiday? Or did you not celebrate it?

I'm very sorry you didn't like my source. Here, how about right from the horses mouth?

THE SHUTDOWN AND ITS AFTERMATH

Last month's settlement reopening the federal government constituted a major victory for democratic governance. It firmly rebuffed a reckless attempt by a small group of right-wing extremists to leverage what should have been the routine lifting of the debt ceiling and funding of government operations into something much more serious and consequential.

De-funding Obamacare was to be the first trophy in a far more ambitious and longer-term power play by a reactionary grouping and their big-pocketed financial backers. Their aim: to reverse the 2012 elections, dis-empower President Obama for the remainder of his term, bypass democratic institutions and rules, and, above all, impose a deeply reactionary political agenda on the country - not to mention position themselves to gain control of Congress in 2014 and the presidency in 2016.

That this might entail violating the core democratic principle of majority rule, nullifying an election, courting economic disaster in the midst of an already anemic recovery, and bringing on a political crisis of first-rate proportions, didn't seem to bother these fanatics of the right. They were prepared to roll the dice.

A combination of factors explains why the extremist tea party crowd came with egg and worse on their faces.

First, the president, to his credit, didn't blink; he refused to give in to extortion. He evidently understood, in no small measure from earlier experience with the sequester, that if he gave ground again it would be tantamount to surrendering his presidency and much more.

Second, the American people in their majority saw through the "both sides responsible" sham. By the second week of the shutdown nearly three-quarters of the public blamed the Republicans. This no doubt had a sobering impact on established and moderate voices in the GOP.

Third, the tea party wrongly assumed that people were ready to go to war over Obamacare. While many people may not like it (or the caricatured version served up by right-wing media and politicians), few were ready to shut down the government in order to repeal it.

Fourth, organized actions throughout the country stiffened the resistance of Democrats and were surely noted by Republicans representing swing districts.

Finally, pressure from Wall Street and other sections of big capital was a factor in forcing a settlement, demonstrating that this crisis was not a case of class war, "pure and simple," in which the capitalist class lines up on one side and the working class on the other.

Certainly, on one side was a coalition of right-wing forces, including a sliver of well-heeled capitalists - the most racist, anti-labor, anti-democratic and reactionary. However, on the other side was not only a majority of the American people, but also major sections of the capitalist class who, while sharing many of the aims of right-wing extremists in the Republican Party, were not ready to risk pulling the plug on the economy in order to achieve them.

http://www.cpusa.org/federal-battles-are-a-sh...
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> TY. Great wishes to ALL this day. Now is it too late for Woo Boy to join the Christmas truce?
I guess Woo-Humbug didn't read your post, or ignored it. LOL!
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Woo-Humbug didn't read your post, or ignored it. LOL!
The same could be said for you... LOL!
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

Judged:

Come on now folks & fellow posters. Only a few hrs to go! Let's give it a try.
Pops

Newport, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Well, It's time to get the sharp tongues & forked tongues out & have at it again.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Pops wrote:
<quoted text> TY. Great wishes to ALL this day. Now is it too late for Woo Boy to join the Christmas truce?
Nope, I was done for the day, hope you had a good one.
Canton

Canton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And Merry whatever to you too Canton. How was your holiday? Or did you not celebrate it?
I'm very sorry you didn't like my source. Here, how about right from the horses mouth?
THE SHUTDOWN AND ITS AFTERMATH
Last month's settlement reopening the federal government constituted a major victory for democratic governance. It firmly rebuffed a reckless attempt by a small group of right-wing extremists to leverage what should have been the routine lifting of the debt ceiling and funding of government operations into something much more serious and consequential.
De-funding Obamacare was to be the first trophy in a far more ambitious and longer-term power play by a reactionary grouping and their big-pocketed financial backers. Their aim: to reverse the 2012 elections, dis-empower President Obama for the remainder of his term, bypass democratic institutions and rules, and, above all, impose a deeply reactionary political agenda on the country - not to mention position themselves to gain control of Congress in 2014 and the presidency in 2016.
That this might entail violating the core democratic principle of majority rule, nullifying an election, courting economic disaster in the midst of an already anemic recovery, and bringing on a political crisis of first-rate proportions, didn't seem to bother these fanatics of the right. They were prepared to roll the dice.
A combination of factors explains why the extremist tea party crowd came with egg and worse on their faces.
First, the president, to his credit, didn't blink; he refused to give in to extortion. He evidently understood, in no small measure from earlier experience with the sequester, that if he gave ground again it would be tantamount to surrendering his presidency and much more.
Second, the American people in their majority saw through the "both sides responsible" sham. By the second week of the shutdown nearly three-quarters of the public blamed the Republicans. This no doubt had a sobering impact on established and moderate voices in the GOP.
Third, the tea party wrongly assumed that people were ready to go to war over Obamacare. While many people may not like it (or the caricatured version served up by right-wing media and politicians), few were ready to shut down the government in order to repeal it.
Fourth, organized actions throughout the country stiffened the resistance of Democrats and were surely noted by Republicans representing swing districts.
Finally, pressure from Wall Street and other sections of big capital was a factor in forcing a settlement, demonstrating that this crisis was not a case of class war, "pure and simple," in which the capitalist class lines up on one side and the working class on the other.
Certainly, on one side was a coalition of right-wing forces, including a sliver of well-heeled capitalists - the most racist, anti-labor, anti-democratic and reactionary. However, on the other side was not only a majority of the American people, but also major sections of the capitalist class who, while sharing many of the aims of right-wing extremists in the Republican Party, were not ready to risk pulling the plug on the economy in order to achieve them.
http://www.cpusa.org/federal-battles-are-a-sh...
So what you are saying is the GOP, who backed away from and publically spanked the Tea Party are all commies too. Thanks for clearing that up. So let's recap. There has NEVER been a conservative president and the GOP are a bunch of commies. Your bubble is getting smaller every day.

Yes, I celebrated Christmas with my family. Jesus didn't seem to come up at all. Maybe it's because it wasn't his birthday and the origin of the holiday is pagan, and was hijacked (also see United States of America) by Christians.. So the real question is, why were YOU celebrating a pagan holiday with your family?
Republican 101

Van Wert, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Isn't it funny how maniacal bible thumpers celebrate "Jesus's birthday" by doing the one thing that would drive Him crazy?

"Hey, here's some cheap worldly possessions that you're not supposed to care about. Hope you like em. Next we're gonna celebrate black history month with an angry lynch mob."

Derrr!!!

Since: Aug 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

In those days Caesar Augustus issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Roman world.(This was the first census that took place while Quirinius was governor of Syria.) And everyone went to his own town to register.

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them,“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest,

and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests.”

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another,“Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them. But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

2:1-20

Now you two heathen ass-wholes need to shut the he'll up about Christmas!
xxxrayted

Beachwood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Republican 101 wrote:
Isn't it funny how maniacal bible thumpers celebrate "Jesus's birthday" by doing the one thing that would drive Him crazy?
"Hey, here's some cheap worldly possessions that you're not supposed to care about. Hope you like em. Next we're gonna celebrate black history month with an angry lynch mob."
Derrr!!!
Well do tell, how do you atheists celebrate Christmas?

And BTW, the kings that went to see the newborn gave him cheap worldly possessions, so I don't think Jesus minds us doing the same on his birthday. After all, that is how the gift giving tradition started you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21,401 - 21,420 of25,331
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Findlay Discussions

Search the Findlay Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 3 hr Vote out every incumbent 169
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) Apr 15 squid 118
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Apr 14 Repub 187
Police say woman faked cancer for donations (Oct '12) Mar 26 Janet Spencer 3
OH Who do you support for Attorney General in Ohio... (Oct '10) Mar 20 Recon 403
Loose Teachers Feb '14 Larry the Table Guy 1
fun Feb '14 looking 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Findlay Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE