Lesbian cadet who quit seeks return to West Point

There are 42 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Nov 26, 2010, titled Lesbian cadet who quit seeks return to West Point. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

FINDLAY, Ohio - Katherine Miller got pretty good at hiding her sexuality in high school, brushing off questions about her weekend plans and referring to her girlfriend, Kristin, as "Kris." She figured she could pull it off at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, too.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
serfs up

Orlando, FL

#42 Nov 29, 2010
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that explains how she got into Yale as well as West Point? It was all just "quotas". But wait, she couldn't have gotten into West Point on the "gay quota" since that would have violated DADT to start with.
So much for your sad little conspiracy theory. Just because you're such a loser you couldn't get into ANY college, don't blame it on "quotas". They tend to keep the stupid out on purpose.
Who cares about Yale? Who cares about theories? Who cares about gay quotas except you? The gay issue is the excuse for failure. Don't criticize me dog....If the tea partiers fail, we will vote for fascists, nazies and exterminators. So will many of your friends. Or so yo think....Love you....

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#43 Nov 29, 2010
pauline 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple problems with doing it that way. Officers in the military who graduate from the accadamy get faster rank and are trained for combat better.
second, its a political football and they do not want to ply any more. It would mean they could loose.
I think that training will be the controlling issue in the military's decision. I don't know how West Point works, but I doubt anyone ever transfers in as a senior. At best, Ms Miller will have missed her junior year at the academy. It seems to me the training in any year at West Point would be critical to the military, but the last two years most important. So I think the military will find sufficient reason to reject her application without discriminating for or against her status as a homosexual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Findlay, OH (Jul '11) May 5 Joe shmoe 8
David Young Apr 30 Curious 3
News UF students to host African Night Apr '15 zebra 1
Zebadiah Taylor from Kenton Ohio Apr '15 haha 6
News Johnson Rubber says it won't close (Feb '08) Apr '15 Wentworth 26
Review: Time Cutters Lawn & Landscape LLC Mar '15 pam7731 1
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Mar '15 Dodacall 7
More from around the web

Findlay People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE