Johnson Rubber files for Chapter 11 protection

Dec 14, 2007 Full story: Cleveland.com 16

Johnson Rubber Co., a Middlefield company that traces its history to 1895, has filed for Bankruptcy Court protection from its creditors. via Cleveland.com

Full Story
Ron E Duncan

Chardon, OH

#1 Dec 17, 2007
Does this mean the ongoing contamination problems at Johnson Rubber in Middlefield Ohio will finally be remediated? We are close neighbors of the facility and have been quite concerned about the pollution problems for many years. Thank You.
Ron E Duncan

Chardon, OH

#2 Dec 17, 2007
Does this mean te contaminaton problems are Johnson Rubber in Middlefield Ohio will be remediated? We are close neighbors of the facility and have been concerned about the pollution problems for many years. Thank you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
John Rey

AOL

#3 Dec 17, 2007
Its too bad that Pataskala's film king, John C. Holmes passed away.

He'd have been the ideal product spokesman for Johnson Rubber. Heh heh...
Nope

Norwalk, OH

#4 Dec 19, 2007
Ron E Duncan wrote:
Does this mean te contaminaton problems are Johnson Rubber in Middlefield Ohio will be remediated? We are close neighbors of the facility and have been concerned about the pollution problems for many years. Thank you.
The contamination started at your house and spread across Middlefield. Clean-up has to start at the source.
ADAM ANGEL

United States

#5 Dec 19, 2007
MIKE CHORBA IS HOT
David Limbeck

Wadsworth, OH

#6 Feb 21, 2008
I have Worked at jr for a little over 2 years. i have seen people come and go. i have stuck with this company threw thick and thin and worked some of the hardest jobs. its been over long hours and long days. i have six children and after learning about my company closing. i asked to take half day vacation to look for employment and was told if i left i could be fired and replaced with temps!!!! i also want to know if this company is closing why are the hiring people every day? giving them hopes of a good paying job. just to shoot them down
dedicated

Warren, OH

#7 Feb 22, 2008
I to am an employee of JR in NB for over 20 years. Same story here. This is probably relating to the same problems they had with our health ins. premiums not getting paid and employer contributions not being made to our 401K plans, by the the are both to be done by contract since we are a union plant.They came in and told us they were going to save us. From what? Somewhat disappointed and disgruntled Is just an understatement how most of us feel there. We have been lied to since they took over. Looks like fraud or embezzlement to me. Need an investigation.
Looking4job

Chardon, OH

#8 Feb 26, 2008
David Limbeck wrote:
I have Worked at jr for a little over 2 years. i have seen people come and go. i have stuck with this company threw thick and thin and worked some of the hardest jobs. its been over long hours and long days. i have six children and after learning about my company closing. i asked to take half day vacation to look for employment and was told if i left i could be fired and replaced with temps!!!! i also want to know if this company is closing why are the hiring people every day? giving them hopes of a good paying job. just to shoot them down
I too work at Johnson Rubber and am going to have to move just to take care of my family. They are bringing in the temps to take over our jobsif you haven't noticed our workers are dropping off like flies. We all knew it was coming when they told us they filed chapter 11. Its a sad situation but what can we do put to pick ourselves up and start all over again. How can these higher up officals sleep at night knowing they changed our lives by not knowing how we are going to feed our families, pay our bills, and how we are going to survive while they are in their homes living off of the money they stole?
dedicated

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2008
Unfortunately they probably have dollar signs in there dreams. I to am in the same situation with moving because jobs that pay halfway decent aren't really in the area. All we can hope for is that we see some kind of legal action from this. One fo my big questions is how can they continue to operate a plant in Mexico while the court closed down the domestic plants?
i no how you feel

AOL

#10 Mar 26, 2008
worked for kismet products for about 20 years and when they left for the south all ohio rep.s could say was oh well to bad kiss my ass.good luck to all of you.
Charles Price must

Willoughby, OH

#11 Mar 28, 2008
be investigated. He belongs to the "Turnaround Management Association." They should call it the "Drive it into the Ground Association." Do these people of this Association have no ethics? How could Charles Price not tell us that the health insurance premiums were not paid and the 401K match was not made? Why did he not refund our payroll deductions for insurance? Why Charles?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Horizon Management Inc

Norwalk, OH

#12 Apr 18, 2008
and Charles Price should be invesitgated by the Ohio Attorney General. Pete Hottois and Tom Hazaelbaker are lackies for Price. Carl Gordulic and Ray Podesta helped on the inside.
dedicated wrote:
Unfortunately they probably have dollar signs in there dreams. I to am in the same situation with moving because jobs that pay halfway decent aren't really in the area. All we can hope for is that we see some kind of legal action from this. One fo my big questions is how can they continue to operate a plant in Mexico while the court closed down the domestic plants?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NThomas

United States

#13 Apr 22, 2008
It's bad enough that American Mfg is having to fight off China, India, Mexico, etc... without having to fight off greedy Americans. I work at a rubber plant in TN that is trying to stay locally owned, but it is hard to get any business.

Johnson Rubber is unfortunately lost. I hope that some of the business you guys used to have would come our way - Keep Manufacturing in the USA !
Charles Price

Lorain, OH

#14 Dec 12, 2009
remember this......He screwed the employees, milked the company dry, then took the money and ran. Was the price right, Chas?
NThomas wrote:
It's bad enough that American Mfg is having to fight off China, India, Mexico, etc... without having to fight off greedy Americans. I work at a rubber plant in TN that is trying to stay locally owned, but it is hard to get any business.
Johnson Rubber is unfortunately lost. I hope that some of the business you guys used to have would come our way - Keep Manufacturing in the USA !
wow

United States

#15 Apr 16, 2012
check out the bankruptcy court ruling on charles and carl
livin large

Atlanta, GA

#16 May 5, 2013
Price, Podesta, Hazelbaker and Hottis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Findlay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cassity Green (Aug '11) Nov '14 FcukABitchDotNet 3
Review: Vapor Emporia Nov '14 dustin boes 1
adult breast feeding Oct '14 bighoss 1
A to z variety opening monday 10-17-14 Oct '14 A to z variety 2
School Fees Aug '14 Parent 1
State Patrol opens sub-post in Kenton (Aug '13) Jul '14 Fancy 10
Cheri Lynn Brooks (Feb '12) Jul '14 Jumpa 5
Findlay Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web