Propane blast kills Putnam Co. man

A 73-year-old Putnam County man was killed Thursday after officials say he tried to open a propane tank with a hammer. Full Story
l-williamson

Santa Rosa, CA

#1 Oct 13, 2006
YOU NEED TO GO BACK TO YOU FORMER HOME PAGE.
Very concerned citizen

Bridgeport, WV

#2 Oct 13, 2006
Please who ever is ready this story on this man don't ever try to open a propane tank with a hammer. This man lost his life and my heart and sympathy goes out to his family.
Not a moron

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Oct 13, 2006
What a moron! I'm sorry he died but come on, what happened to common sense.
Charles Darwin

United States

#4 Oct 13, 2006
Darwin was right!!
Not a cretin

Terre Haute, IN

#5 Oct 13, 2006
My sympathy goes out to this person and his family as well. Maybe he did do something that wasn't very wise, but that gives us no reason to judge him openly like some of you have.
You should be very ashamed of yourselves.
Dave B

Martinsville, IN

#6 Oct 13, 2006
well im a firefighter and wow what a dumb ass
my opinion

Brownsburg, IN

#7 Oct 13, 2006
"Just whack it with a hammer...that ought to fix it"

...sounds like something I'd do...

poor guy-who knew?
Brenda Schaffer

Huntington, IN

#8 Oct 13, 2006
Yes I agree the man made a dumb choice but that does not give anyone the right to speak such awful words about him, haven't you heard the saying respect the dead, and your elders? He paid the price so leave him alone and let him rest in peace.
Crying Shame

Columbus, OH

#9 Oct 13, 2006
Can someone tell me, what the heck was he doing?
my opinion

Brownsburg, IN

#10 Oct 13, 2006
Crying Shame wrote:
Can someone tell me, what the heck was he doing?
Trying to open a Propane Tank with a hammer...
Deb

New Albany, IN

#11 Oct 13, 2006
Shame on you who are so cruel. I personally know this family and he is not a moron by no means! You should be ashamed of yourself. This old man was very kind and has left a wonderful, and very loving-kind wife who tried to put the fire out while her loving and ill husband was on fire! I don't know why....we might never know what he was doing/thinking by using the hammer but, please be a bit more considerate. The family might just read these posts and be even more hurt than they are already. May he rest in peace and God Bless this family.
I am with ya Deb

Clayton, IN

#12 Oct 14, 2006
I know this family very well. This person thouht the tank was empty,if you must know. If you don't know for sure on anything you read about someone,KEEP you mouth shut!!!!
My heart goes out to the entire family.
God Bless,2006
Crying Shame

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 15, 2006
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to open a Propane Tank with a hammer...
I can read that much, im asking, what the heck was he trying to get it? this must of been a white man...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fillmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Sep 19 party loyalty 98
Nicole Ancona (Feb '13) Aug '14 no longer a victim 5
Review: Purple Cow Aug '14 Joe 1
ISO Nicole Ancona Aug '14 Enquire 1
Mrs. Power's Class of 73 1/2. Jul '14 Terry Royse 1
National Guard recruiter does it again Jul '14 Fred 1
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302

Fillmore Jobs

Fillmore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fillmore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fillmore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]