BLM accepts blame in fatal California...

BLM accepts blame in fatal California 200 off-road race

There are 3 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Nov 19, 2010, titled BLM accepts blame in fatal California 200 off-road race. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

In an internal review made public Friday about an Aug. 14 California 200 off-road race in which eight spectators died, the U.S. Bureau of Land Management blamed itself for the tragedy, saying it failed to follow its own rules.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Glendale, CA

#1 Nov 19, 2010
The only ones to blame are the ones who decided that standing right next to the track without protection was the thing to do. Needing someone to tell you hey that might be dangerous is ridiculous.

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 20, 2010
Admirable the Federal Gov't stood up and accepted responsibility for the LAND USE ONLY. The "people" (Gov't) should not be responsible for the event, planners events, the commercial businesses making money off it etc. It is an oh so terrible tragic event. Any suit against the Gov. would be wrong.
Desert Rat

Barstow, CA

#3 Nov 20, 2010
All these things that rip of the desert and create dust and pollution should be banned!

There is only one desert, and we all have to share it. The damage done from even ONE off-roader can take hundreds of years for Mother Nature to erase.

And I've not yet met a single off-roader who wasn't a jerk, thinking their truck had the right to roar past me, while I was on foot. They laugh as they gun their engines, kicking up a spray of rocks. They aren't human - humans would not act like animals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fillmore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Daniel Ogg - Ventura resident arrested for cont... (Aug '09) Oct 1 unknown 444
Thousand Oaks County Mugshots and Criminal Arre... Sep '16 Mickey 2
Simi Valley Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records Sep '16 Luke 2
Its MEe! I miss my city.. Sep '16 Anonymous 1
Collage (Jan '15) Sep '16 anonymous 101
Parents kids and their kids dope abuse Aug '16 Adolph Massey 1
dude (Mar '16) Mar '16 dudes 1

Fillmore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fillmore Mortgages