Police investigating Broadway stabbing

Police investigating Broadway stabbing

There are 27 comments on the Eureka Times Standard story from Nov 8, 2010, titled Police investigating Broadway stabbing. In it, Eureka Times Standard reports that:

The Eureka Police Department is investigating a stabbing early this morning in the vicinity of the 2800 block of Broadway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Eureka Times Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cinder

Mckinleyville, CA

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Surprise! Surprise!
Helen

Stockton, CA

#2 Nov 8, 2010
Another knife attack! Folks we are seeing a growing crisis here! The introduction of a third-world tactic in America.

Again, for those who are a bit slow at the wheel, this is a cynical statement about 'criminals' and the weapons they choose! The weapons themselves aren't the problem:

If only we had strict anti-knife laws in effect at this time, this would NEVER have happened!

Like guns, register all knives! Have No Knife Zones. Consider a serial number for each and every knife sold in this Country.

Require a thumb print when purchasing a knife or the equipment used to sharpen them.

Ban the purchase of cordless, automatic, electric knives! Those are the most dangerous because of the slices-per-minute (SPM) they can cycle! They have no place in a "free" society!

Write your Democrat Legislative Representative (DLR) today! Demand senseless legislative action now!
Sal

Stockton, CA

#3 Nov 8, 2010
Hey! Cheer up! This could be the start of another Mexico!

20 killed over weekend in Mexican border city
By OLIVIA TORRES, Associated Press
Sunday, November 7, 2010

www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...
bobbiej

Arcata, CA

#4 Nov 8, 2010
Suprise 2800 block of broadway when is the city going to put a end to these drug infested crime ridden motels on broadway
Question

Martinez, CA

#5 Nov 8, 2010
Well, if they had only pillows available instead of knives, the injuries would likely have been lighter.
Thomas Paine Jr

Arcata, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2010
I was jumped by 15 people in Arcata on October 30th. I almost had to stab someone myself. It took 14 minutes for the police to respond to the front of Arcata Theater Lounge. Time to rethink the full service liquor license i think.
Humboldt Idiocracy

Seaside, CA

#9 Nov 8, 2010
I love how the Times-Standard reporters write so well that I have to do my own research. How about you give us some sort of landmark so that we know where the 2800 block of Broadway is rather than forcing us to pull up a map?!
tomtom

Arcata, CA

#10 Nov 8, 2010
Google Dirt is showing Applebees in the 2800 block of Broadway so I assume they were assaulted because they were out of steaks again... or it happened in the jungle ghetto across the street...
pizzahut21

United States

#11 Nov 8, 2010
Thomas Paine Jr wrote:
I was jumped by 15 people in Arcata on October 30th. I almost had to stab someone myself. It took 14 minutes for the police to respond to the front of Arcata Theater Lounge. Time to rethink the full service liquor license i think.
15 sober plazoids? right, what choo smokin foo?
janice

Middletown, CA

#12 Nov 8, 2010
Helen wrote:
Another knife attack! Folks we are seeing a growing crisis here! The introduction of a third-world tactic in America.
Again, for those who are a bit slow at the wheel, this is a cynical statement about 'criminals' and the weapons they choose! The weapons themselves aren't the problem:
If only we had strict anti-knife laws in effect at this time, this would NEVER have happened!
Like guns, register all knives! Have No Knife Zones. Consider a serial number for each and every knife sold in this Country.
Require a thumb print when purchasing a knife or the equipment used to sharpen them.
Ban the purchase of cordless, automatic, electric knives! Those are the most dangerous because of the slices-per-minute (SPM) they can cycle! They have no place in a "free" society!
Write your Democrat Legislative Representative (DLR) today! Demand senseless legislative action now!
Helen- what you so cynically try to blame on the 'other' party, is much more the work of lawyers. They generally have ONE affiliation only: Greed.
Why not try understanding that even those of us who may vote differently from you probably agree with you on many things?
Or do you just watch Fox and hate everyone else? its alot easier, I know.
but its not good for you Helen, really, its not.
sore looser liberal

Albany, CA

#13 Nov 8, 2010
still angry about your big loss last tuesday janice?
TWP

Cisco, IL

#14 Nov 8, 2010
janice wrote:
<quoted text>

Or do you just watch Fox and hate everyone else?
Yep...!

It's Middle of the road all right...

Hiding behind ANOTHER female screen name...!

You sure are one complicated guy (girl?) Bro-Toad...
Bah

Moraga, CA

#16 Nov 8, 2010
Helen wrote:
Or stick your head in the sand.
random

Eureka, CA

#17 Nov 8, 2010
WOW, another stabbing in eureka... REALLY FOLKS do you seriously think it is time to vote in a new sheriff, City Council and get yourselves a new police chief?

This is sad folks... Whenever Drive through Eureka I get anxiety attacks like I feel like My family is in danger there. That is sad!

Eureka is a sad situation, it is a toilet at best!

Since: Oct 10

Eureka,Ca.

#18 Nov 8, 2010
give me a break wrote:
Allison Jackson stabbed the person and had Ryan Sundberg was the getaway driver. They were both drunk. She was angry about the election , and he was angry about the federal investigation going on about his embezzlement / fraud. Hey they had to take it out on somebody. Feel bad for the guy who got stabbed but EPD here is main lead. LMAO
You are really one stupid dumb a*s individual. Petty also.
give me a break

Fremont, CA

#19 Nov 8, 2010
REAL DIRT DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really one stupid dumb a*s individual. Petty also.
oh I am right on the money. I poke fun at the stabbing is a little ill managed judgment, but after reading about Ryan Sundberg and the whole rancheria embezzlement situation I can't help but bring it up. I can't wait for the Times Standard article thats to come about this. They have been all over the rancheria asking questions to tribal members. The BIA and other federal agents are questioning tribal staff along with a full subpoena of records and audit on financial information regarding construction bids / reviewing process. I new the turds were gonna hit the fan and boy was I right. The 5th district is gonna have to have a special election I guess to replace Sundberg if he is found guilty. I say "if" because I give him the benefit of the doubt until he is proven guilty. His honesty is as far as I can throw a rock (not that far) seeing he hid his DUI from the public cause of the backlash from voters. As for Jackson well she is just a sore looser and needs to admit defeat. By the way I am a college graduate, non pot smoking, parent, work full time, and pay taxes. So don't go calling me unnecessary names until you find out more about the situation at hand. I hope this leaves you more informed than you were prior to reading this and I forgive you for the unkind words you used about me.
Jeff E

Arcata, CA

#20 Nov 8, 2010
Yet another stabbing in tweakerville, er, I mean Eureka.

So let's start another free handout program. Give them more food, more free places to live, more drugs, needles, free showers, yet another homeless shelter.

Let's attract even more of the bums to town. Then we can pretend to be surprised when knife fights become a daily occurence.
Get the Name Right

Palo Alto, CA

#21 Nov 8, 2010
It's not Eureka...

It's Eu-Freak-A!
racey casey

Eureka, CA

#22 Nov 9, 2010
Give me a break. Wow,got to watch for those online college courses. sometimes you end up dumber than when you started. Hope your forgiveness level is high today because you are nothing but a coward behind a phoney name. Come out of the closit or shut the hell up.
country joe

Palo Cedro, CA

#23 Nov 9, 2010
Wow! these comments can guess ethnicity, political views, motives, etc without a single fact. Perhaps these commentators are all fortune tellers who don't even need to see palms or know astrological signs.
My financial retirement adviser working for A.G. Edwards was arrested for a knife attack. Maybe A.G. Edwards is a jacket club or part of the Bernie Madoff gang---or a front for Mexicans? The victim was her boyfriend, maybe a 'girl gang" member?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fields Landing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BLM selling firewood permits (Oct '09) Oct 9 Tim 12
News Drugs seized, arrests made in Humboldt raid (Jul '08) Oct 9 Trumpurdito4ever 106
News Eureka man charged with possession of Ecstasy, ... (Sep '10) Oct 3 TayJ 57
Dont Call Trump the "DIAPER DON" Oct 1 been there later ... 1
Save Texas, Buy Trumpjunck Sep 27 Tonka trump 1
Need to get home i'm not from south Carolina (Dec '16) Dec '16 Bernard 2
News 2 die in Fields Landing blaze; Humboldt Bay Fir... (Apr '14) May '16 penny miller 4

Fields Landing Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fields Landing Mortgages