Ferris To Bulldoze Elderly Woman's 'Unsafe' Home

Oct 13, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS 11

Share + Comments Oct 12, 2010 10:37 pm US/Central Reporting Arezow Doost FERRIS To Jackie Kimbrell, her Ferris home is a "postcard house." But to the city, it's an eyesore and not fit to be lived in.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Elizabeth

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

Judged:

I think someone should bulldoze the city of Ferris. Show them how it feels to have your paid for house bulldozed. I hope the ground was freezing when the City Council woke up this morning, since they are all snakes and snakes sleep outside on the ground. I hope for all your mothers out there, that this never happens to them. If you were doing this to my mom, I'd be on the second floor with an M16 daring you to bulldoze my mom's house.
outofcountry

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2010

I feel your discust and frustration at the city of Ferris for what they about to do. For a city that boasts about their number of churchs, they sure don't show any shred of Christianity.

I agree, they should bulldoze the entire town into the giant mound of trash the city sits next to. Oh, wait, they already tried that on the part of town that the black folks live in.

Maybe they should just relocate the city hall to the top of Mt. Ferris. It would be an improvment.
mama

Kaufman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Lets not say the city of ferris needs to be bulldozed. We the people of Ferris are trying to do something for Jackie Kimbrell. Or at least me and my friends are. Have you donated to the woman so that she can keep her land. She has to pay 3000 dollars to the bulldozing so that she can keep her land. I feel bad that her house is going to be bulldozed I wish there was something I could do to stop it. But we are going to find out what we can do so that she won't loose her land.
We aren't all bad in the city of Ferris
shay

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

this is my grandmother and im soo disgusted by what ferris is doin. what nobody knows is gma works in highland park and brings her money back to ferris. the building code enforcer tim rawling was sued a while back for pretty much the same thing. why i ask is ferris allowing him to do this again??????????
outofcountry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

I'm sorry about your gma's house. I wish there was something I could do. I am a carpenter of sorts and would be willing to work for free if the supplies would be bought by someone.

Ferris city hall is filled with selfish meglomaniacs who don't give a danm about anything but what makes them look like big shots to one another.

I regret helping to stop Red Oak from annexxing Ferris, It would have been the best thing to ever happen to Ferris and the people who have lived there for generations.

Remember this when election day comes for the city council.
patriot332

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Update the ferris city council gave her 30 days to get out.
OK We the People must stand together for this home owner. Contact your local. TEA PARTY and all Tea Party and 912project groups and ask that they call and if necessary protest the city of Ferris power hungry Washington elite wannabes . Property rights are God given under the right to pursue happiness. This is theft. Stop it now! Could be your mom, your granny or YOU next time. To the city council: how the heck do you sleep at night? or for that matter how do you look at your own mother without feeling raw shame?
patriot332

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Google teapartypatriots.org to find local groups using surrounding zips. Google 912project. Ask them for help. Are there any constitutional attorneys out there who could pro bono Jackie representation? Folks, this is the beginning. If they get away with stealing her home we Will all suffer for it. Who is your congress representative? Google "who represents me?" email and call them. This city council is not the final word. WE THE PEOPLE WILL MAKE THEM SEE THE LIGHT. Do all of the above and miss Jackie WILL enjoy thanksgiving in HER HOME. DON'T GIVE UP!
outofcountry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

patriot332 wrote:
Update the ferris city council gave her 30 days to get out.
OK We the People must stand together for this home owner. Contact your local. TEA PARTY and all Tea Party and 912project groups and ask that they call and if necessary protest the city of Ferris power hungry Washington elite wannabes . Property rights are God given under the right to pursue happiness. This is theft. Stop it now! Could be your mom, your granny or YOU next time. To the city council: how the heck do you sleep at night? or for that matter how do you look at your own mother without feeling raw shame?
Do you have any links to the above referenced folks? I will do whatever I can to garner support for this 72 year old, who is being stripped of her rights without due process.

Does anyone know a lawyer that can help this woman?
outofcountry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

You must have been reading my mind!
patriot332

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

http://teapartypatriots.org/Search.aspx
Go to the above link and then put in zip 75125 for ferris, you will then get all the links to the following:
Ellis County Tea Party 12 miles - Ellis County, Texas (Texas)
No longer 12 miles - Austin, TX (Texas)
Ellis County Conservatives 21 miles - Ellis County (Texas)
United We Stand 22 miles - Dallas (Texas)
Dallas Tea Party 23 miles - Dallas, TX (Texas)
Kaufman 912 Patriots for Action 24 miles - Kaufman County, Texas (Texas)
The Rowlett Texas TEA Party 26 miles - Rowlett, TX (Texas)
Rowlett Texas Tea Party 26 miles - Rowlett (Texas)
Dallas 9-12 Project 26 miles - Dallas Metroplex (Texas)
Garland Tea Party 28 miles - Garland (Texas)
patriot332

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

I could not find a 912project near Ferris but these possibly could help.
In the first link there are other groups listed on the left under contact us.

http://www.meetup.com/DallasRepublicans/

http://www.meetup.com/tlcdallas/

When you contact them, be sure to have city hall's number ready because they will probably start with calls.

Good luck
Laney

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Is this home a couple of blocks west of where the old Superette was?
Joey G Dauben

Forney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

The Ellis County Tea Party hasn't come out against this at all. In fact, one of the leaders is a lawyer for a firm whose main purpose is to seize people's homes and properties for failure to pay their taxes:

http://www.elliscountyobserver.com/...

This is not an indictment against all of the Ellis County Tea Party members, but there's definitely some "perception" issues when the head of the ECTP is working alongside Joe Barton and his hand-picked elected officials.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ferris Discussions

Search the Ferris Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr geektechTX 21,013
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr SamDamnit 16,782
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 8 Texan 719
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 639
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of General ... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 382
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 707
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of the Gene... (Oct '10) Jul 7 cast your vote 328
•••
•••

Ferris News Video

•••
•••

Ferris Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ferris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE