RGJ Photo: Baby, man injured in Fernl...

RGJ Photo: Baby, man injured in Fernley hit-and-run crash

There are 3 comments on the Reno Gazette-Journal story from Sep 29, 2011, titled RGJ Photo: Baby, man injured in Fernley hit-and-run crash. In it, Reno Gazette-Journal reports that:

A 7-month-old baby being pushed in a stroller and a man were injured in Fernley on Thursday when they apparently were struck by a pickup truck that fled the scene, the Nevada Highway Patrol reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Reno Gazette-Journal.

buggs01

United States

#1 Oct 2, 2011
this was a young couple with no transportation. they were 15 to 20 feet off the road. pretty safe distance i would say. the mother was the young women behind them and watched this horrific scene take place..the driver had to be doing something other then driving or drunk..i'm shocked that this accident seems to be taken so lightly..the baby is still in ICU..the father will be recovering from his injuries for a long time...just so sad..i hope they find the idiot that left a baby and his daddy laying there...
Fallon Mom

Fallon, NV

#2 Oct 4, 2011
NOT what I heard. My daughter and her husband (and kids) were driving by before the accident. The ppl walking were careless with the stroller and the man pushing it appeared to intentionally push the stroller in her path... she had to slam on her brakes not to hit the baby. It was only later she and her husband realized it was the same stroller someone later hit. They weren't 'well off the road' but dangerously close or in the road.
I completely understand ppl having to walk, no biggy. Maybe the person who was set up to hit the stroller got scared and left the scene not knowing what to do. My daughter even called me right after wards to tell me how some guy shoved a stroller right in front of her car... because it freaked her and her husband out. It was only later she connected the two.
feels like a win

United States

#3 Oct 4, 2011
ENOUGH! With the speculation. First off, tell your daughter to go to the police to identify the stroller in the alleged child endangerment accusation. Secondly, a hit and run is a hit and run, no matter how scared you are. Don't take the side of someone who is capable of hitting a person with their vehicle, and fleeing. Whether or not the driver could have helped out is not the issue, the driver clearly thought he/she could get away with this. Please, someone catch this driver and charge him/her with attempted vehicular manslaughter. Anything less would be no justice at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Burners Beware: Traffic Cops In Central Nevada ... Nov 22 jreno 1
News Lyon County must develop more industrial sites (Feb '16) Feb '16 Solarman 1
News Opening Statements to Begin Thursday in Jeremia... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Luralee 1
News Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday (Apr '10) Apr '15 amanda 2
News Police: Fernley mother stabbed sleeping son (Nov '10) Dec '14 truthmongerdotinfo 8
News Fernley, Silver Springs centers earn health car... (Oct '14) Oct '14 movinon09 1
phyllis kelley (Aug '14) Aug '14 herkimer n y 1

Fernley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fernley Mortgages