Fernley Flood Victims Seek Order to Block Canal Flows

May 8, 2008 Full story: KTVN Reno 8

A new lawsuit filed against the federal government is claiming historical negligence in the Truckee Canal levee break. via KTVN Reno

Read more
Dan Kilborn

United States

#1 May 8, 2008
I understand the frustration that has been caused by what has happened and that the township of Fernley should have done things better 11 years ago but this sounds like the work of sue happy Californians. The only thing that can come of this is taking food out of the mouths of alot of good hay farmers not to mention the horse owners like me that rely on local hay every season. There is a better way to accomplish change on the canal without hurting the livelyhood of people that have worked hard all their lives to grow hay in this area. Dan K.
DitchRiderX

Fallon, NV

#2 May 8, 2008
Taking food from the farmers.People need to go to the farm subsidies web site and see how much the poor farmer, near you got last year from the goverment.And now TCID and the new tax to help fix the cannel or should we say help the board fight in court.We need to get rid of TCID,so we can keep the water.If the water is takened from the valley its because of Ernie,Dave,and the board.
Pissed off Fernley Folk

Reno, NV

#3 Dec 1, 2008
Homo sexual fudge packin fairy!!
Pissed off Fernley Folk

Reno, NV

#4 Dec 1, 2008
That was to the homo with the horses!!

Since: Dec 08

Reno, NV

#5 Apr 9, 2009
Pissed off Fernley Folk wrote:
That was to the homo with the horses!!
Grow up little boy and get off drugs.....:-)

“Obama Sucks”

Since: Mar 09

Fallon

#6 Apr 10, 2009
Dan Kilborn wrote:
I understand the frustration that has been caused by what has happened and that the township of Fernley should have done things better 11 years ago but this sounds like the work of sue happy Californians. The only thing that can come of this is taking food out of the mouths of alot of good hay farmers not to mention the horse owners like me that rely on local hay every season. There is a better way to accomplish change on the canal without hurting the livelyhood of people that have worked hard all their lives to grow hay in this area. Dan K.
I agree no need to cut off Fallon for Fernleys mistakes.

“Obama Sucks”

Since: Mar 09

Fallon

#7 Apr 10, 2009
I agree no need to cut off Fallons water for Fernleys and TCID mistakes
m morgan fernley

Yerington, NV

#8 May 12, 2009
until you've had your home and life destroyed by the flood. shut-up! I hope the scare of less water in fallon makes the gov't fix a failed system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Design/build methods approved for USA Parkway Mar 29 kdtakhar 3
News Cleaned Dried Processing debuts new 143,000-squ... (Aug '14) Mar 24 Shawn 5
no sympathy Mar 12 yepisaidit 1
News ReadMore Mar 6 Local 2
Where is Ricky Rat ? Jan '15 Viewer 6
bigender ? Jan '15 Viewer 8
Review: Bayshore Truck Equipment Co Inc (May '13) Jan '15 Viewer 3
Fernley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fernley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]