Jail Life (in Yulee, Nassau County, FL)

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#45 Jul 18, 2012
I hate rap, hip-hop, and a lot of the new R and B they have now. I'm not racist. I like a lot of black music artists from the beginning to the mid 2000s. I don't like most of the dance, Top 40, or pop on the radio after the mid-2000's. Adele is an example of what music used to sound like. She's one of the few artists in this decade that has any talent.
beany weany

Yulee, FL

#46 Sep 2, 2012
RAP should be banned. It promotes illegal criminal activity and sounds like crap. The sound of a flushing toilet is more interesting to listen to than a bunch of gang members rapping about their bitches, their hood, their drugs, guns, and money, which they obviously stole. Nobody cares about some run down druggy neighbor hood or the prostitutes that live there.

Location hidden

#47 Sep 2, 2012
beany weany wrote:
RAP should be banned. It promotes illegal criminal activity and sounds like crap. The sound of a flushing toilet is more interesting to listen to than a bunch of gang members rapping about their bitches, their hood, their drugs, guns, and money, which they obviously stole. Nobody cares about some run down druggy neighbor hood or the prostitutes that live there.
Bring back the good stuff from the early 2000s to everything prior to that from the beginning of Top 40. Ban rap and hip-hop!
beyond mad

United States

#49 Feb 4, 2013
My husband is in this hell hole for a 6 mnths for not being able to come up with $1000 in 3 weeks around christmas time for chhild support he had job interview after job interview lined up for 2 weeks before and after his court date the judge was about to give him an extension but hhis pschyo baby mama argued with and judge and demanded that e be locked up so the judge did he is not allowed board games cards nothing i understand he is in jail he wears 2 long sleeve shirts and the jump suit and he is still colld the co's walk around in BIG HEAVEY winter jackets with their noses in the air the jail gets 250 bux a day for every inmate in there (leon county has couches tv's and even a basketball court in every pod)when u write to someone in nassau county jail it has to be a post card that u buy from the post office i understand jail is jail and if u broke the law u deserve to be there and loose ur freedom but 6mnthsi for not being able to come up with 1000 is just stupid how can he make any $$ if hes locked up ? It just makes no sense to me. One guy in there was sentenced to 29the days for loitering becuz his truck broke down on the side of the road and he was standing next to it
wow

North Port, FL

#50 Feb 14, 2013
beyond mad wrote:
My husband is in this hell hole for a 6 mnths for not being able to come up with $1000 in 3 weeks around christmas time for chhild support he had job interview after job interview lined up for 2 weeks before and after his court date the judge was about to give him an extension but hhis pschyo baby mama argued with and judge and demanded that e be locked up so the judge did he is not allowed board games cards nothing i understand he is in jail he wears 2 long sleeve shirts and the jump suit and he is still colld the co's walk around in BIG HEAVEY winter jackets with their noses in the air the jail gets 250 bux a day for every inmate in there (leon county has couches tv's and even a basketball court in every pod)when u write to someone in nassau county jail it has to be a post card that u buy from the post office i understand jail is jail and if u broke the law u deserve to be there and loose ur freedom but 6mnthsi for not being able to come up with 1000 is just stupid how can he make any $$ if hes locked up ? It just makes no sense to me. One guy in there was sentenced to 29the days for loitering becuz his truck broke down on the side of the road and he was standing next to it
Was the judge davis?
reeper

United States

#51 Feb 14, 2013
Stacie Wiggins needs to be in jail here. She on that meth...

Location hidden

#53 Feb 28, 2013
John Cocktoaston wrote:
I have a cousin currently in the Nassau county jail. I have absolutely no sympathy whatsoever for him, you, or anybody in jail or prison. Even the story of the home invasion I find suspicious, for example did you owe drug money to someone? I don't an admission of guilt. My cousin beat up a girl, he didn't think of how the girl felt when this "man" was hitting a woman. I don't care about his feelings of being cold, hungry, and having to write postcards.
It's illegal to let an inmate go cold and hungry. You have to feed them regardless of how people personally feel about that individual. The postcard policy punishes people on the outside more than it does inmates and the policy has been challenged and won by the ACLU in many states and counties.
nightmare

United States

#54 Feb 28, 2013
Ill have to agree with Jessica.. I lived there five months for domestic battery sentenced from burgis.. it was hell. Ima girl who will take a lot. I had to grievance because they didn't let us have pads.. it was insain there..
BRRRRR

Live Oak, FL

#55 Feb 28, 2013
harsh jail conditions helped me get my life squared away. knowing for a fact i did not ever wanna go back has kept me clean and straight for 30 plus years now

dont do the crime if you cant stand the time. if you ever get out again

dont go back!

/j2d

Location hidden

#56 Mar 1, 2013
BRRRRR wrote:
harsh jail conditions helped me get my life squared away. knowing for a fact i did not ever wanna go back has kept me clean and straight for 30 plus years now
dont do the crime if you cant stand the time. if you ever get out again
dont go back!
/j2d
That's all fine and dandy and I'm glad you got your life together but even those in charge of the jail have to follow rules and I'm sure there is some law somewhere where they have to give women pads and tampons and everyone food, clothing, water, soap, heat (maybe AC but not sure), shampoo, toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, medicine, medical care, etc. I'm sure even a blanket and pillow. These are basic things, it's not making it a Holiday Inn for them. I'm always hearing (and reading it in comments in the paper and online) of that jail denying many of those things to people at different times. I personally don't believe it is legal and just because they are the law does not make them ABOVE the law where they can cherry pick what they want to follow. To deny those things is inhumane. My cousin told me that they were out of toilet paper for a long time and inmates had to wipe feces and urine off them self with their hands. She also told me that they were not given water in the form of liquid but in the frozen form of ice that they have to chomp on or wait a long period of time for it to melt to liquid to drink. This is just ridiculous! When people are thirsty and need water they need it then if they are becoming dehydrated. This is a safety and health risk. I don't know what all is true and not true because I have not been there to witness it but too many things are being said by too many people for me to believe that the jail has done none of what is alleged over the years. I know jail is a punishment but I'm not a sadistic person like some people on these forums and I don't believe that they deserve to be treated inhumanely for there is nothing conservative or Christian or American about it whatsoever. I trust that now that the Sheriff's Office is under Sheriff Bill Leeper that Sheriff Leeper will represent the Nassau County so much better than the previous administration and things will be better for everyone. I'm sure he'll be tough on crime but I feel this will be a more fair and honest administration. I hope the the sheriff will investigate these allegations about the Nassau County Jail (Nassau County Detention Facility) in Nassau County, Florida. I know what I've said on this thread may mean nothing to hard ass so called conservative Republicans that call themselves good Christians, favor the rich over the poor and struggling middle class, hate gays, atheists, and blacks, and feel there is no exceptions to any rules in life. I'm sure they feel quite the opposite of everything I've said and believe in sadism and unreasonable punishments for people that haven't been convicted yet that are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY (if that means anything anymore). All these people say do the crime do that time as if they will never end up in trouble with the law themselves and think it only happens to all these other people. You can obey the law all your life and it doesn't mean you'll never be arrested for something you didn't do or a mistake you make that really doesn't deserve incarceration from an ethical standpoint. These people that condone all the sadism in jails alleged would be the first ones screaming if these things were happening to them. Jail is not prison, not all are convicted, and from what I've heard from some people that have been to this jail and prison prefer prison over the Nassau County Jail any day. Misuse of power, abuse, and neglect happen in jails and prisons all the time and many in power feel they can get away with it because they believe that those in authority will always believe an officer of the law over even several inmates.

Location hidden

#59 Mar 1, 2013
John, I'm not an inmate so don't call me the fringe minority. The laws are laws and when the government is housing these individuals they are responsible for them and you can't let them die of starvation or an infection. I'm not saying they get to have cosmetic surgery or anything like that. Not everyone is jail is a bad person nor is everyone in jail convicted or guilty nor is there crime great enough to justify being tortured or left without any medical treatment or hygiene products. I don't think someone in jail for stealing a candy bar deserves to be left with an untreated infection. They couldn't refuse them at an ER so just think of it as an ER in jail. They couldn't refuse you at an ER either.

Location hidden

#60 Mar 1, 2013
John I understand some of your points but rules are rules and the state is responsible for these inmates and cannot legally neglect them out of spite for the crimes the inmates allegedly committed against society. They are being punished by not having their freedom. It shouldn't go further than that. Despite what people feel about them they still have human rights. It is up to the court to decide what rights they lose or if they are eligible for the death penalty.

Location hidden

#61 Mar 1, 2013
John Cocktoaston wrote:
The ACLU is "selective" with who they choose to represent, or take their cause...example...the person who made the "anti-Islam" video the Obama administration LIED to blame for the TERRORIST act on our embassy is STILL in prison by the gov't.
Yes they are selective and take on cases they know they'll win and postcard policy they have won in most places so far. They have represented inmates many times.

Location hidden

#62 Mar 1, 2013
You can't honestly tell me that it's perfectly legal and okay for someone to have to do without toilet paper where one is taken care of by the state. It's an unsanitary health hazard. Women could get urinary tract infections. It's disgusting and most likely illegal and would give the county a bad name. I'm sure even Sheriff Joe lets his inmates have toilet paper. If you don't like the laws then talk to your politicians to have them changed. I'm sure the ACLU would love and SELECT a case such as this.

Location hidden

#63 Mar 1, 2013
Gay people were not bullying Sarah Palin. Don't even go there! You'd whine too if you were being bullied. It's easy for you to say when you aren't gay and you aren't being bullied. Unless you've been in their shoes don't judge them like they don't have a right to complain about the BS a-holes put them through. Right now in most places they can be fired and denied service somewhere simply because they are gay like what used to happen to blacks. Jacksonville, Florida is a bigoted city that wants the right to fire gays and refuse them service because they are "good" Christians who have beliefs against them. How is that any different than firing someone because they are a Christian, Muslim, or black, something they cannot legally do?
Non Dirt Bag

Yulee, FL

#64 Apr 6, 2013
Nassau county jail, is indeed, absolutely corrupt. and most people do not even care, however there is not much anyone can do about it. People have tried to get local News channels to cover the topic, but they are usually "paid off" to simply look the other way, and they do. The goal of the sheriff and jail staff is to arrest them and lock them up. Locking people up brings money from the state to the county, which provides brand new cars for the corrupt officers and brand new buildings for the employees of the jail/sheriff/etc. Contrary to popular belief, there IS a "quota" and if an officer is not writing enough tickets, they get in trouble for it, so YOU, the taxpayer gets to pay it. Word on the street is that since Leeper bought his way into the sheriffs seat, he has been spending tax payers money on unnecessary things,(like new cop cars and plush office buildings) and some higher agency (federal i assume) has frozen the accounts, until further investigation. My advice to anyone who lives here in Nassau is to move to somewhere else- It is bound to get much worse, all at tax payer's expense. I recommend moving to Europe. That is where I am headed!
Oh, and what is with all the "lewd and Lecivious" charges that they have been busting people for? Is there really that much of that going on around town??? Does that mean if you use a public restroom at the beach and someone watches you pee, you can get arrested and held in jail with a hundred thousand dollar bond? Isn't the person watching you pee the one committing the crime?
non gay

Yulee, FL

#65 Apr 6, 2013
The difference is that christians are trying to promote a good wholesome lifestyle similar to the way things were back before the world got polluted with all the greed and bad things we see here and now every day. Gays are doing "nasty" things that need no discription, watching others do these same disgusting acts, etc. The butt was designed to get rid of waste, not promote "wasted people" to stick their Wanky in it. The butt is full of poop dumbass! It stinks because it wasn't meant to be messed with, period! Anyone who enjoys doing filthy nasty things with the butt deserves to get the "shitty end" of the deal. No pun intended. I say that if they still want to be gay and stick their mouth on poop covered penises,(which is not only gross, but extremely unsanitary, not to mention spreads diseases such as aids) you need to keep it in the closet. Nobody wants to see it, hear about it, etc. I don't go bragging about how I left a beautiful turd in the toilet everyday- Of course NOBODY wants to hear about that shit!

Location hidden

#66 Apr 6, 2013
non gay wrote:
The difference is that christians are trying to promote a good wholesome lifestyle similar to the way things were back before the world got polluted with all the greed and bad things we see here and now every day. Gays are doing "nasty" things that need no discription, watching others do these same disgusting acts, etc. The butt was designed to get rid of waste, not promote "wasted people" to stick their Wanky in it. The butt is full of poop dumbass! It stinks because it wasn't meant to be messed with, period! Anyone who enjoys doing filthy nasty things with the butt deserves to get the "shitty end" of the deal. No pun intended. I say that if they still want to be gay and stick their mouth on poop covered penises,(which is not only gross, but extremely unsanitary, not to mention spreads diseases such as aids) you need to keep it in the closet. Nobody wants to see it, hear about it, etc. I don't go bragging about how I left a beautiful turd in the toilet everyday- Of course NOBODY wants to hear about that shit!
So what's up with you using a non-gay related thread to bash gays? This is about jail in Yulee, not gays. You aren't a Christian! True Christians aren't bigots who lie and stereotype. Go to the gay/lesbian topix if you want to preach a sermon of fire and brimstone to gays. Judge and ye shall be judged. That's my sermon for you.
non gay

Yulee, FL

#67 Apr 8, 2013
So, what are you supporting and sticking up for the gays now? If so then you may be gay yourself. And, does that mean that you are OK with child molesters raping children? Being homosexual is just plain wrong. I don't care how you look at it, it is against what God intended. As for my previous post, this is a public forum- i will post what i want, where i want, and if you don't like it, don't read it.

Location hidden

#68 Apr 8, 2013
non gay wrote:
So, what are you supporting and sticking up for the gays now? If so then you may be gay yourself. And, does that mean that you are OK with child molesters raping children? Being homosexual is just plain wrong. I don't care how you look at it, it is against what God intended. As for my previous post, this is a public forum- i will post what i want, where i want, and if you don't like it, don't read it.
Believe what you want to believe. No I am not okay with children being molested nor am I okay with rape. Just because I didn't speak against homosexuality does not automatically mean one is a homosexual. There are many straight people who are not against it and many people who do not consider biblical law and man's law one and the same. Homosexuality, pedophilia, and rape are three different subjects that have nothing to do with the other. Your ignorance is showing loud and clear.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernandina Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Luther Heith Pease 2003 felony battery case (Apr '16) Aug 12 Malinda 13
Who are Luther Heith Pease and John Reuben Crews? (Apr '16) Aug 12 Malinda 8
Luther Heith Pease Goffinsville battery 2004 (May '16) Aug 12 Malinda 10
10th anniversary of David Eugene Mashburn child... (Apr '16) Aug 12 Joe M 10
News Fernandina Beach couple arrested in July 7 shoo... (Jul '16) Aug 7 Warren L 12
Picture of John Crews of Nassauville, Florida (Sep '10) Aug 6 John Crews 2
John Crews of Fernandina Beach (Nassauville) (Sep '10) Aug 6 John Crews 5

Fernandina Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fernandina Beach Mortgages