Police clear officer in shooting of teen

Police clear officer in shooting of teen

There are 63 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Nov 3, 2007, titled Police clear officer in shooting of teen. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

After a six-month investigation, Louisville Metro Police Chief Robert White has exonerated Officer Thomas Hodgkins of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of 16-year-old Evan Harlow on April 30. via The Courier-Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

dash riprock

Waddy, KY

#21 Apr 19, 2008
YOUNG SAVAGE wrote:
<quoted text>THERE U GO MAKING YET ANOTHER DUMB COMMENT U DONT KNOW HOW WE LIVE DOWN HERE
you know ,all you do is bitch about how you live down there, if its that damm bad ,howbout bettering yourself to get your self out of there ,instead of bitching about it and being part of the problem with your ghetto attitude.
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

#22 Apr 21, 2008
young savage wrote:
<quoted text>no it dont have to be chicago but dudes live raw down here point blank
Dudes need to, like I said there "16 year old", look for a steady good paying job, reflect on their own natural skills & develop these into a CAREER. Grow up! "Raw/point blank?" What a bunch of gang wannabe fairy land crap. There IS a REAL World out there! It's a GLOBAL world. Not a "little gang/hood bubble on the block."
Andrew

Erlanger, KY

#24 Apr 28, 2008
Naw yall are Messed up Evan J. Harlow was a Good Guy,
he didnt even have a gun other wise they would have found it i was with him the day before he got Murdered, and he had no gun on him or at his house.
plus it was dark at the time when they was chaseing evan so how they gonna say he had a gun when they couldnt even see what was in his hand
Well evan i cant belive its been a year
RIP Boi Boi
Andrew

Erlanger, KY

#25 Apr 28, 2008
Tyrone wrote:
It does not matter how old he was, where he lived,the color of his skin, if he was a good student or not, a good friend or not. None of that matters. He ran (who cares what for), he got caught, he had a gun, officers told him to drop it, he did not comply, the officer defended his life and the lives of his fellow officers. It is a shame that it had to happen that way, but don't play with guns and the police. It's not a game. A 16 year old can kill you just the same as a 60 year old, what would you do?
naw there was only two cops dumb ass and there was no point in the situation were the cop had to tell him to drop a gun even if he had one witch he didnt, that cop is just quick to shoot
plus that cop shot some one else in the past too
RIP EVAN AKA BOi BOi

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#26 Apr 28, 2008
Andrew wrote:
Naw yall are Messed up Evan J. Harlow was a Good Guy
Naw yall...did you get that from Hee Haw ?
BangBang

Louisville, KY

#27 May 2, 2008
If you don't want to get shot by police, don't point guns at them. That seems like a pretty simple rule to follow. Why have sympathy for anyone who can't follow that rule?
dynamo hum

Waddy, KY

#28 Oct 5, 2008
EX-Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. According to the case, he's a hero in my book and about 98% of everyone else. 16? Gun?(That's wrong), pointing at homeowner in a break in?(That's a.....Wrong)....Firing at a cop chasing you? Priceless! Another criminal gone. Nothing personal, just business. Do the crime pay the price.
well said ex , people just dont get it
RFG

Owensboro, KY

#30 Jan 3, 2009
Police do a great job! We should pray for their safety and that they make the right decisions.
Tom

United States

#31 Jan 11, 2009
RFG wrote:
Police do a great job! We should pray for their safety and that they make the right decisions.
Well said RFG. I frequent your area every spring, I think I owe you dinner for that comment!
ThugsRus

Richmond, KY

#32 Jan 14, 2009
Andrew wrote:
he didnt even have a gun other wise they would have found it i was with him the day before he got Murdered, and he had no gun on him or at his house.
I had a chicken sandwich yesterday, you didn't see me with it in my mouth, or at my house. so i guess that means i never had one. Didn't the autopsy show that Evan shot himself first, followed by the officers shots . BTW Yes he did have a gun, nickel plated i believe.

“IRISH HELLION”

Since: Dec 08

NIRVANA

#33 Jan 17, 2009
Two of my kids are cops and if they had to shoot a 16 yr old im sure they would be upset, but like they say, it isnt their job to get hurt or killed so 16 yrs old or not, if he ran from the police and drew a gun on them, then it boils down to its either him or the cop thats gonna die, and i wouldnt want it to be one of my kids.
rip evan

Owensboro, KY

#34 May 2, 2009
Trauma R N wrote:
Two of my kids are cops and if they had to shoot a 16 yr old im sure they would be upset, but like they say, it isnt their job to get hurt or killed so 16 yrs old or not, if he ran from the police and drew a gun on them, then it boils down to its either him or the cop thats gonna die, and i wouldnt want it to be one of my kids.
you all are stupid.. you act like you know the whole story is it that hard 2 shoot him with a taser gun. i mean aint that why they have em? i agree with the other person if he had a gun they would have found it. what wuld he have done with it? ate it? yea exactly soo yall all are quick to judge someone yall dont even know. if it was somebody you knew you'd do the same damn thing..

“IRISH HELLION”

Since: Dec 08

NIRVANA

#35 May 2, 2009
No one in their right mind would try to taze a person that they think has a gun. That would be stupid. What dummy brings a tazer to a gun fight?
always remember

AOL

#36 May 6, 2009
There's one thing to remember, One of the 10 commandments..Thou shall not kill. God does not care if you are a cop or not
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

#37 Jun 19, 2009
Just reading over everyones post shows how the world is based of assumptions. Everyone needs to know just because you hear something doesnt mean it is the truth. I grew up with Evan, I lived down the street from him almost my whole life. My brother was best friends with this kid and he would have done anything to help any of his friends and all his true people know this. He was murdered because the cop saw a cell phone and assumed it to be a gun. Shot in the Chest, back, neck. Now explain to me how this is not murder?
RIP Lil Brother!!

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#38 Jun 19, 2009
JEREMY JACKSON wrote:
I THINK HE GOT OFF WAY TOO EASY HE KILED A 16 YEAR OLD TEEN AND GETS AWAY SCOTT-FREE, THATS JUST NOT RIGHT
He was a dead teen the day he was born. He chose to be a criminal he deserved to be shot. You can't take what you want out of life at the point of a gun. the world is better off without him... in fact lets make sure he had no brothers and sisters

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Location hidden

#39 Jun 19, 2009
rip evan wrote:
<quoted text> you all are stupid.. you act like you know the whole story is it that hard 2 shoot him with a taser gun. i mean aint that why they have em? i agree with the other person if he had a gun they would have found it. what wuld he have done with it? ate it? yea exactly soo yall all are quick to judge someone yall dont even know. if it was somebody you knew you'd do the same damn thing..
if the kid was retarded enough to shoot at police once, he will do it again. better to end him then and there

“ASPIE? yea thats me!”

Location hidden

#40 Jun 19, 2009
rip evan wrote:
<quoted text> you all are stupid.. you act like you know the whole story is it that hard 2 shoot him with a taser gun. i mean aint that why they have em? i agree with the other person if he had a gun they would have found it. what wuld he have done with it? ate it? yea exactly soo yall all are quick to judge someone yall dont even know. if it was somebody you knew you'd do the same damn thing..
tell you what, tell the little fucktard gang bangers to shoot at cops with taser guns ok? better yet, lets get everyone laser tag sets

The little bitch would have killed a good cop... but your ok with that... the cop killed him first
NeverForgotten

Louisville, KY

#41 Jun 20, 2009
Evan never had a gun in his possesion so just how did he shoot at the cop?
mark

Georgetown, IN

#42 Jun 20, 2009
NeverForgotten wrote:
Evan never had a gun in his possesion so just how did he shoot at the cop?
u some kind of witness?? were u by his side??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fern Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News ARREST: Louisville man charged with two counts ... Jun 23 Kaiser 1
marcia markert vause and chris vause Apr '16 Eddie Brown 1
News Fire at Fern Creek apartment complex damages 11... (Dec '09) Apr '16 PatH Suxballz 2
Fern Creek Jukebox (Jun '12) Jan '16 Musikologist 15
News LMPD shooting takes young life (Apr '07) Nov '15 Julessss 21
joe vogel (Jul '09) Sep '15 Cpaintheville 3
who knows billy brown? (Sep '15) Sep '15 watching out for ... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fern Creek Mortgages