Police clear officer in shooting of teen

Nov 3, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

After a six-month investigation, Louisville Metro Police Chief Robert White has exonerated Officer Thomas Hodgkins of wrongdoing in the fatal shooting of 16-year-old Evan Harlow on April 30. via The Courier-Journal

Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Jul 9, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
JEREMY JACKSON

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Judged:

I THINK HE GOT OFF WAY TOO EASY HE KILED A 16 YEAR OLD TEEN AND GETS AWAY SCOTT-FREE, THATS JUST NOT RIGHT
EX-Harvey

Williamsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

JEREMY JACKSON wrote:
I THINK HE GOT OFF WAY TOO EASY HE KILED A 16 YEAR OLD TEEN AND GETS AWAY SCOTT-FREE, THATS JUST NOT RIGHT
I disagree. According to the case, he's a hero in my book and about 98% of everyone else. 16? Gun?(That's wrong), pointing at homeowner in a break in?(That's a.....Wrong)....Firing at a cop chasing you? Priceless! Another criminal gone. Nothing personal, just business. Do the crime pay the price.
James

Jeffersonville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2007

Society is going to have to pay for this child's incarceration, while the money would be better spent preventing a so called "criminal boy" from making these types of decisions/mistakes so early in life. We need leaders, role models, teachers, police, and parents handling their business and when some fall to the end of the line, "us as Americans" should put them on our shoulder "as fellow Americans" and help carry them until they can walk again. To take it deeper, helping them foresee the holes in the trail so they can prepare and prevent that fall.
Throwing people in jail is proven to be ineffective and crime continues to rise. Prevention and Forgiveness is hard at first, then it morphs into respect for thy neighbor instead of rob thy neighbor. This is America, the best country to this day. Any True American happy to see a child "a child" go to prison has to live with that ignorance and somehow sleep well. We are all accountable for the actions of this fellow American child.
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

James wrote:
Society is going to have to pay for this child's incarceration, while the money would be better spent preventing a so called "criminal boy" from making these types of decisions/mistakes so early in life. We need leaders, role models, teachers, police, and parents handling their business and when some fall to the end of the line, "us as Americans" should put them on our shoulder "as fellow Americans" and help carry them until they can walk again. To take it deeper, helping them foresee the holes in the trail so they can prepare and prevent that fall.
Throwing people in jail is proven to be ineffective and crime continues to rise. Prevention and Forgiveness is hard at first, then it morphs into respect for thy neighbor instead of rob thy neighbor. This is America, the best country to this day. Any True American happy to see a child "a child" go to prison has to live with that ignorance and somehow sleep well. We are all accountable for the actions of this fellow American child.
I believe education is the key.....And...I agree wholeheartedly with you on everything else, But, when they're a threat to society with lethal force of any kind??....Shoot em & save my money I work too hard for.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2007

Ex-Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe education is the key.....And...I agree wholeheartedly with you on everything else, But, when they're a threat to society with lethal force of any kind??....Shoot em & save my money I work too hard for.
I agree with you 110% Im sick to death hearing these criminals use race as a factor.
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2007

triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 110% Im sick to death hearing these criminals use race as a factor.
They're ignorant! It started way back like this:
Where's your homework?
Didn't have a pencil
Couldn't understand
Didn't feel like asking
Thought I'd look stupid
it was too difficult
no one will help me
the dog ate it
I'm too tired.

All these and some more are the "Core foundation excuses" that lazy kids with lazy parents who don't value Education.....Build upon. Later on in life, the learn how to blame more complex parameters like "Racial Conspiracies or Prejudice", government agencies, the education systems, housing authorities and/or real estate etc...
This is all lazy people & races by the way. But pulling the race card is the lowest crutch for the laziest of the laziest. It's like me saying "I'm Polish, so no one will hire me in Boston!"...
Shayne

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

You all must have no heart
He was my best friend and if your saying him getting shot 17 times was a good way of taking care of the situation?
and later they find out he wasnt breaking into anyones house, he was getting into his friends grandparents house where he was staying.
He ran because he was suppose to be on house arrest.
Everyone makes mistakes, me you everyone in your family
You all are pathetic

Since: Jan 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2008

Shayne wrote:
You all must have no heart
He was my best friend and if your saying him getting shot 17 times was a good way of taking care of the situation?
and later they find out he wasnt breaking into anyones house, he was getting into his friends grandparents house where he was staying.
He ran because he was suppose to be on house arrest.
Everyone makes mistakes, me you everyone in your family
You all are pathetic
yes everyone makes mistakes but they dont try to shoot a police officer what if he shot that police officer he would be in the same boat as that teen that killed that bell co sheriff's deputy and is k-9 partner
what i see if teen agers dont want to be treated like adults they should not act like an adult
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2008

tiny238 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes everyone makes mistakes but they dont try to shoot a police officer what if he shot that police officer he would be in the same boat as that teen that killed that bell co sheriff's deputy and is k-9 partner
what i see if teen agers dont want to be treated like adults they should not act like an adult
I agree. Hard facts....(Take all the coddling emotions away)
Shouldn't have run
Shouldn't have aimed
Should have made good choices.
Then.....There would be no need for all this compassion.
Tyrone

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Judged:

It does not matter how old he was, where he lived,the color of his skin, if he was a good student or not, a good friend or not. None of that matters. He ran (who cares what for), he got caught, he had a gun, officers told him to drop it, he did not comply, the officer defended his life and the lives of his fellow officers. It is a shame that it had to happen that way, but don't play with guns and the police. It's not a game. A 16 year old can kill you just the same as a 60 year old, what would you do?
Sameoldcrap

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2008

"Harlow's family could not be reached for comment yesterday."

Probably hookin' up with attorney in preparation for the wrongful death lawsuit. This city pays out to the families of criminals.
YOUNG SAVAGE

Finchville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

EX-Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. According to the case, he's a hero in my book and about 98% of everyone else. 16? Gun?(That's wrong), pointing at homeowner in a break in?(That's a.....Wrong)....Firing at a cop chasing you? Priceless! Another criminal gone. Nothing personal, just business. Do the crime pay the price.
THERE U GO MAKING YET ANOTHER DUMB COMMENT U DONT KNOW HOW WE LIVE DOWN HERE
Notimeforstupid

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

YOUNG SAVAGE wrote:
<quoted text>THERE U GO MAKING YET ANOTHER DUMB COMMENT U DONT KNOW HOW WE LIVE DOWN HERE
You live as you choose to live. You are right that many of us do not fully comprehend or appreciate all of the factors that play into your life, but it isn't necessary that "we" do. It is important that "you" do. I may be ignorant to some things about many things, but I do know that animals are still animals and that the very worst are the humans that choose to be. Choose. That is the key word here. You can make that choice, but you're not worthy of bad mouthing anyone that has chosen otherwise and is offering intelligent and beneficial advice in an effort to preserve your future. Even if you're too stupid to take that advice. It would be smart to consider the adage that “Either you are part of the solution, or you are the problem”.
JudgeJudy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

YOUNG SAVAGE wrote:
<quoted text>THERE U GO MAKING YET ANOTHER DUMB COMMENT U DONT KNOW HOW WE LIVE DOWN HERE
Nope and don't want to know. Sounds like you are where you belong until you decide to change your life, if not, you'll end up like the rest.

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2008

JudgeJudy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope and don't want to know. Sounds like you are where you belong until you decide to change your life, if not, you'll end up like the rest.
I suggest everyone ignore these kinda postings..all they want to do is lure you into a flame war.
And we all know that fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics..even if they win they are still retarded.

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2008

triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm "Im sick to death hearing these criminals use race as a factor."
----
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

YOUNG SAVAGE wrote:
I do know how you live. Louisville is a stroll in the park compared to Chicago's Robert Taylor or Cabrini Green, or Cicero or Wabansia, but go on and pretend that I don't know. What's wrong is wrong. Kid should've known better. Don't you agree?
Ex-Harvey

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2008

triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest everyone ignore these kinda postings..all they want to do is lure you into a flame war.
And we all know that fighting on the internet is like running in the special olympics..even if they win they are still retarded.
That's a good one Vamp. You're right. I just have this bad habit to thinking that these followers will somehow "get it" and wise up. They're in their "weak choices" phase of life like fish swimming after a shiny lure, all moving in the same direction.
young savage

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Ex-Harvey wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good one Vamp. You're right. I just have this bad habit to thinking that these followers will somehow "get it" and wise up. They're in their "weak choices" phase of life like fish swimming after a shiny lure, all moving in the same direction.
no it dont have to be chicago but dudes live raw down here point blank

Since: Jan 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

young savage wrote:
<quoted text>no it dont have to be chicago but dudes live raw down here point blank
that gangster talk what you going to do with your life it dont have to be raw thats nothing to what was happening in louisville in the 80's and 90's
all those are dead or in prisons
those guys coming into louisville telling you young people how real gangsters are they are fake
all they doing is using you to do their dirt and make a name for them no you and when it comes down to it you be holding the bag and they would be laughing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fern Creek Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min You Hear 1,060
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 56 min yourmommm 1,048
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
Need a checking account but I owe another bank ... 3 hr Overwhelmed 5
Best place to pick up trashy girls 5 hr jsno 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 7 hr U go girl 16,143
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr Huh 26,225
•••
•••
•••

Fern Creek Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fern Creek People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••