Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

I am posting this not to start bickering back and forth but am just wanting to post a question and see if there is an informed person out there who would know the answer: is there anything the community can do in order to have an investigation done?

The president of the schoolboard's daughter-in-law just got a $65,337 a year job when she has no post-secondary education and her experience is a high school diploma and her work at McDonald's? This is beyond ludicrous. She doesn't even have the degree needed for the position. Isn't this illegal or am I wrong?
hahaha

Greenfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

Judged:

concerned resident wrote:
I am posting this not to start bickering back and forth but am just wanting to post a question and see if there is an informed person out there who would know the answer: is there anything the community can do in order to have an investigation done?

The president of the schoolboard's daughter-in-law just got a $65,337 a year job when she has no post-secondary education and her experience is a high school diploma and her work at McDonald's? This is beyond ludicrous. She doesn't even have the degree needed for the position. Isn't this illegal or am I wrong?
Who is the board president?
Themrs

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2012

concerned resident wrote:
What job did she get?
Captain Obvious

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

I don't the The Leader with me, but she was hired to oversee the entire Food Service Program in the Fox C-6 School District. According to The Leader, her education consists of a high school diploma, and work history consists of being an Assistant Manager at the Kirkwood McDonalds. Also according to The Leader, she has a certain period of time to get a degree and certified.

And yes, it is ridiculous! I know a couple people that work in food service at Fox C-6 and was told by both that more experienced people (as far as work history) applied.

Diane and her School Board will continue to do this until they are dethroned..... It reminds me of a bank robber that gets away with the first, second and third robberies, and decides that they will never get caught and will do the same thing over and over until they are caught and punished.
FoxParent1

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

The school board president is Linda Nash. Her daughter-in-law is Kelly Nash. From the article in today’s Leader it appears Ms. Nash’s only visible qualifications to manage the school district's food service program and its 90 employees are: 1) The skills she learned during her meteoric rise in just 16 years from fry cook to Assistant Manager at a McDonald's, 2) Her boundless enthusiasm (I'd be enthusiastic too if I just about doubled my annual income overnight. Shoot, I’d be doing cartwheels on Superintendent Critchlow’s desk!), and 3) Oh yeah, there’s that little thing about being married to the school board president’s son.

I love the line in the article where Superintendent Critchlow proudly says the hiring committee “identified Kelly Nash as the top pick for the job.” Now how do you suppose they did that? My guess is they put all the candidates in a room and asked for everyone whose last name was “Nash” to stand up.“That’s her! That’s her!”

Before you remind me that Linda Nash stepped out of the room while the board discussed and voted on her daughter-in-law’s hiring, let me ask you one thing. Did you hurt your head when you fell off the turnip truck this morning? The superintendent and many of the members of the school board have multiple family members working for the district. Why in God’s name would she or any rational member of the board reject Linda Nash’s daughter-in-law now when one of their own loved ones might need a job on the public dole tomorrow? These folks aren't stupid, just greedy.

Look, I understand nepotism isn’t a crime. Neither is hypocrisy. But both stink. How are my kids going to be able to enjoy their lunch time Happy Meals with that stench wafting through the cafeteria?
lol

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Only a real winner works at McDonalds for 16 years!
My turn

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the board president?
. Linda nash
JC Penknife

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Let's remember this. We have to wait a year to vote Nash off the board: http://www.fox.k12.mo.us/pages/Fox_C-6/Progra...
Ssdd

Imperial, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

The story was on Fox 2 as well. Elliot Davis wanted answers but Dr. C and Todd Scott weren't available. By the way his brother in law also works for the district without a degree in education, a sociology major I think. The savior, the one social worker, who is useless was the college roommate of Dr. C's. She only has a bachelors degree.
Way to go

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Board Member Palmer - His wife is now the head nurse - got a $25K per year raise over the previous nurse

Board Member Nicholas - electrician - lost his job at Fox High when the first contractor he worked with went out of business. Without going through the union hall Pete gets picked up by the next contractor who who won the contract for the work at C-6. He is back at work without losing a day. It is a pretty easy connection. The conversation went something like, "You want the contract, you have to hire me." They did.

Superintendent Critchlow - Dianne's relatives are all over the school district. Her cheerleader buddy / best friend Leslie's husband gets the transportation director's job at a substantial raise over Stephanie when she retired. He does not have a High School Degree much less college degree. There is a role model example for the students. Do not finish high school, marry a cheerleader and you will succeed.

Board Member Nash - What can you say - her daughter in law gets the head nutritionist job because she is enthusiastic and made it all the way up to assistant manager at a McDonald's. She has to agree to get her nutritionist license within two years. Right now her dietary skills include knowing when to stop adding salt to the fried potatoes.

This is good career opportunity if you know someone on the board of education. How do these people live with themselves? How do we live with ourselves knowing this? Palmer won by a large margin last April. Stop re-electing these people. Nicholas is back up this April - fix this!
The Big Picture

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Forget about waiting on an election to fix this, I didn't. The State Auditor is coming! And with a little help from everyone, Scott, Crutchley, Critchelow2,...etc. Will Be Gone!
hahaha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

The Big Picture wrote:
Forget about waiting on an election to fix this, I didn't. The State Auditor is coming! And with a little help from everyone, Scott, Crutchley, Critchelow2,...etc. Will Be Gone!
You are delusional if you believe they'll be gone.
Disgusted parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

I know that at least two candidates were qualified for the job, but their last name is not Nash.
To become a registered dietician it is a bachelors degree. How can this girl get it in two years? She's only an assistant manager!!! How can you be her age and work at McDonalds as long as her and not become a manager? That speaks volumes to me. Must be nice to be a Nash.
This shows our children that it doesn't matter how hard you work you won't go anywhere. Because if you really want to make something of yourself marry into the school board.
hahaha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2012

Judged:

Disgusted parent wrote:
I know that at least two candidates were qualified for the job, but their last name is not Nash.
To become a registered dietician it is a bachelors degree. How can this girl get it in two years? She's only an assistant manager!!! How can you be her age and work at McDonalds as long as her and not become a manager? That speaks volumes to me. Must be nice to be a Nash.
This shows our children that it doesn't matter how hard you work you won't go anywhere. Because if you really want to make something of yourself marry into the school board.
You can marry more money in an hour than you can earn in a lifetime.
The Big Picture

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Tuesday, is the next Schoolboard meeting! Curious to see how many tax paying residents show up:)
Concerned resident

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Nepotism is one thing but hiring someone without the qualifications is another. What does this say for all those who have a degree? There are many state regulations and qualifications that must met for each meal. Including calories, fat, and vitamins. I'm sorry but no one with no formal training or from a fast food restaurant would be able to meet these guidelines. Getting a nutrition certificate may take less than two years but does not march up to those other applicants that had their registered dietitian degree. Would you rather have someone who has taking an online test with a Weeks worth of studying to become a certified nutritionist or someone who had to do four years undergrad with emphasis on nutrition, then a full year internship with rotations in clinical community and school foodservice work and then a state accredited board exam to become a dietitian? There is already concern that school food is unhealthy, now what will this bring to the children in the Fox school district.
The Big Picture

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Concerned resident wrote:
Nepotism is one thing but hiring someone without the qualifications is another. What does this say for all those who have a degree? There are many state regulations and qualifications that must met for each meal. Including calories, fat, and vitamins. I'm sorry but no one with no formal training or from a fast food restaurant would be able to meet these guidelines. Getting a nutrition certificate may take less than two years but does not march up to those other applicants that had their registered dietitian degree. Would you rather have someone who has taking an online test with a Weeks worth of studying to become a certified nutritionist or someone who had to do four years undergrad with emphasis on nutrition, then a full year internship with rotations in clinical community and school foodservice work and then a state accredited board exam to become a dietitian? There is already concern that school food is unhealthy, now what will this bring to the children in the Fox school district.
Agreed, come to the Board meeting Tuesday and make your voice heard!
Concerned resident

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Someone should copy the job qualifications for the position and compare with other school districts. As one of the responsibilities it says.... To give nutrition related education when requested.
I'm sorry but that is not ethical to teach nutrition without formal education. It would be like some individual who works at a chiropractor office providing education on medical conditions and medications.
Voice_of_a_Teach er

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Did you know that regardless of how enthusiastic they are an average Fox teacher with a bachelors and Masters degree - but not named Nash - will make about $20,000 less than what Linda Nash's daughter-in-law daughter will start at tomorrow morning? Next time you're home grading papers at 11:30 p.m. think about that.

See the 2011-2012 Missouri Salary Benchmarks and Rankings
Prepared by Missouri NEA, October <2012http://www.mnea.org/Up loads/Public/Documents/Publica tions/Research/2011-12%20Salar y%20Benchmarks%20&%20Ranki ngs_cond.pdf>
Interested

Arnold, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

How much do food service directors in other area schools make?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 140
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fenton Discussions

Search the Fenton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
More IP Addresses Sought 19 min Doris Borgelt 4
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 3 hr RNC Rightwing NUT Cases 95,848
Who well you support for the Democratic Primary... 11 hr Steve 24
Who are you voting for in the Jefferson County ... 12 hr Great news for Gay Rights 11
Five Men Arrested Following Brawl Outside Arnol... (May '13) Thu Looking for advice 9
County Executive Thu Funny 19
7th birthday for boy who drowned Friday7th birt... Wed EI EI O 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fenton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fenton People Search