Bobby Jacobs sentenced to prison time

Full story: Cape Gazette

Former Slam Dunk to the Beach basketball tournament director Robert F. "Bobby" Jacobs had his day in court Thursday, Jan.
Comments
1 - 20 of 88 Comments Last updated Saturday
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

xcxdefwe
Amy

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

not only is he a theif he is also a person who denies his son. he has a 25 year old son that is a great person and someone this man could learn from. it is sad to know that he may not ever know his son or his grandchildren.
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2009

Judged:

Yes, he does have a son and I am that son's mother. It is sad that Bobby has messed up his own life and denies fathering a child. One thing he did do and that was he gave me a wonderful child who is a wonderful person. I even talked to Bobby's own mother and she doesn't want anything to do with him (her own grandson) either. Such a sad family in my opinion.
Jack

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2009

Judged:

Is anyone trying to help this guy find his way again?
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

You've got to be willing to help yourself before anyone else can try to help you.
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2009

Judged:

Looks like he's done it again...when will he ever learn?
Rose Marshall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

I grew up with Bobby and only remember him as a really nice athletic kid. Am astonished that he would desert his own son. Maybe because his father only pursued a relationship that involved excellence in sports, or his brother's tragic early death?
poof there gone

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

jim wrote:
xcxdefwe
Hi Bill Christy
Jeanne

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Teresa wrote:
Yes, he does have a son and I am that son's mother. It is sad that Bobby has messed up his own life and denies fathering a child. One thing he did do and that was he gave me a wonderful child who is a wonderful person. I even talked to Bobby's own mother and she doesn't want anything to do with him (her own grandson) either. Such a sad family in my opinion.
Oh my Lord. I was married to this man as well...marriage was annulled, however. I did reside with him in Milford for a short time. I remarried and have a son. I had NO idea Bobby had a child. He came to my residence in 2003 talking his usual talk. I told him thanks for visiting, but we're way over.
Jeanne

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Sorry Bobby has behaved so awfully. Your son must have been born before I met Bobby. He never mentioned anything of this nature to me. I am in total shock. Your son must have been born in 1985, I didn't meet Bobby until late 1987. I suppose I was feeling guilty or like I had done something wrong. Obviously, I was not aware he had a child. My Lord, what a liar.Again, good luck and God bless you and your son.
Teresa

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

Hi Jeanne. My son, Brandon, was born in February 1984. Bobby and I were never married (thank goodness for something anyway!) When I talked to Bobby a few years ago, he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. It's funny how something like that could just leave your memory. I guess if you don't want something bad enough, you can just hope it goes away, but that doesn't happen with a real human being. My son does feel rejected by Bobby's actions.
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

I am sorry to hear that Bobby's mother passed away last year and now his dad is in hospice. My condolences to the family.
Brandon

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Judged:

So I've never met my biological father before who is in jail in Delaware right now. My lawyer just called me and said she spoke with him for several minutes and that he doesn't wan't anything to do with me. Also I found out my biological grandfather is in hospice right now with stomach, back, and spine cancer. He was a professional baseball player for 18 years. (I wish i could see or meet my grandfather before he passes on to a better place). As far as my father goes he is pretty worthless when he can't face his own son and realize that he made a mistake 27 years ago and won't even give me the common courtesy to even talk with me over the phone or write a letter. I apologize if this is long but i just needed to vent a little bit.
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2011

Brandon, I am so sorry that Bobby rejected you yet again. He is a very worthless person, as you say. It's not like you want a relationship with him or want any money from him...just a simple DNA test that will prove to you and him that you are his son. The reason he doesn't want to consent to it is because he knows he will find out the truth and that's what he's afraid of. He's the one who is missing out because you are such a wonderful person. I am proud to call you my son. Love you, MOM
Ashley

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

I'm his brothers daughter n I know bobby made a mistake but it is not my grandmothers fault nor will I let ne one say ne thing about her. take the problems up with bobby n not with my grandmother which is no longer with us This is bobbys fault not ne one else. Teresa, probably when u talked to my grandmother she was very sick so please don't call my family sad or ne thing else take it up with bobby once again.
Teresa

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Ashley, I apologize for the remark I made about your grandmother. As you can tell, I am very upset with Bobby for not manning up to his responsibilities. I never once asked for child support over the years. The only thing I wish is that he would be a man and at least give Brandon the one thing he wants....acknowledgement of who he really is. It's pathetic that he can't do that. Again, I apologize for what I said about your family. Your family didn't do anything....it was Bobby Jacobs. And I agree...your grandmother was probably very ill when I talked to her and of course, I didn't know it at the time. God bless her soul and your grandfather's too, as I hear he's very ill also. Take care.
Amy

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

I meant to say that Brandon will be 27 years old tomorrow.
monika

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

Judged:

Ashley wrote:
I'm his brothers daughter n I know bobby made a mistake but it is not my grandmothers fault nor will I let ne one say ne thing about her. take the problems up with bobby n not with my grandmother which is no longer with us This is bobbys fault not ne one else. Teresa, probably when u talked to my grandmother she was very sick so please don't call my family sad or ne thing else take it up with bobby once again.
hi ashley my name is monika if you hear from your uncle plz tell him to call me. Or visit me at work I am still in the same place. I hope he remembers. If he can remember my last name he can find me on facebook,lol. Or if you would like to chat , plz call me,i will give u my number if u wish. I hope all is well with your family. I thought maybe he could use a friend. I know I could always use one...take care gojimon64@yahoo.com
monika

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2011

have faith
whatever

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2011

Judged:

Hey Teresa,
i know Jeannie and she does not live in Durham, NC. She is not listing what city she lives in because she is afraid Bobby will find her again someday.
Person who has know her forever!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Felton Discussions

Search the Felton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
what's the motive? Jun '14 stephanie 1
Kunnecke family Jun '14 Dot 1
Horse post farm/Dan n Kim Jun '14 Tomar 4
DE--Horse Farm-Quarantine (Jan '08) Jun '14 Milan 3
Happy Pi Day Friday Mar '14 MiDay 1
Mary Ann Murphy Murder (Nov '12) Feb '14 barbara 2
Md. woman is charged in several robberies (Dec '13) Dec '13 Anonymous 1
•••
•••