Traffic cameras for real now

Full story: TheNewsTribune.com
A 30-day warning period is over in Federal Way for new speed cameras in two school zones and three additional red-light cameras at intersections. Full Story
Kathy

Seattle, WA

#2 Jan 4, 2010
I recently experienced a $125 ticket for a rolling stop before the crosswalk. First, it was a rural industrial park area, no school zone, I could see no one was in the crosswalk so I scooched forward to see traffic from the left as I wanted to make a free right turn. I did a complete stop before making my right turn. Second, I was on vacation for two weeks, gone total two and a half weeks, not enought time to respond to the notice so they added another $25 late fee and wouldn't accept my request for a hearing because they said it was past the date. THe City of FIFE is desperate for money, as all city governments. They have a 'scam' going on to make money and this traffic camera and scam should be illegal and shut down!
AND to top it all off they have outsourced the processing of the fines to 'OHIO'....how do you like that? There are plenty of people in this state who would greatly appreciate the JOB~!
Anyway, UNFAIR - UNFAIR - UNFAIR!
Kathy

Seattle, WA

#3 Jan 4, 2010
Oh yea, that was a total $150
and who knows, they can alter the videos to make them skip frames and look like you didn't stop! I am sure I stopped or at least was so close to it that in a court of my peers it would have been considered a stop.

But....guess what? I drive a Escalade and they probably think I could afford to donate to the Fife Police department to support their payrol. JERKS!
William Cole

East Saint Louis, IL

#4 Apr 2, 2010
Kathy wrote:
Oh yea, that was a total $150
and who knows, they can alter the videos to make them skip frames and look like you didn't stop! I am sure I stopped or at least was so close to it that in a court of my peers it would have been considered a stop.
But....guess what? I drive a Escalade and they probably think I could afford to donate to the Fife Police department to support their payrol. JERKS!
Yes, there are several questions about the efficacy or the constitutionality of these devices. First let's not forget that your right to face your accuser would have been violated as well. Second, in Eastern cities, there are a number of suites and protests claiming malfunction of these devices.
And you are right about the municipalities needing money. All levels of government have been overspending. They never expected that they could outspend the golden goose of taxation, and now those chickens are coming home to roost. We've run out of money and to further expand finances, fees and fines must grow. Even at the federal level, the new health care mandate will make the government fat with those $695 a head fines.
Federal Way

Bratislava, Slovakia

#5 Apr 4, 2010
Yeah they sent me a speeding ticket from one of these cameras and I have been out of the country for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federal Way Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Wendy parker (Jan '14) Dec 10 mark C 5
Fed. Way cop fatally shoots man suspected of st... (Sep '10) Dec 4 Greg 19
24-hour surveillance coming to Federal Way (May '09) Dec 4 Greg 6
Review: Eastwind Motel Dec 4 i love hookers 2
Federal Way Garage Door Repair Dec 2 scottbparker 1
Wendy Blonde from New York (May '13) Nov 22 David C 3
Lil Wayne vs. Drake Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 2

Federal Way News Video

Federal Way Dating
Find my Match

Federal Way People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Federal Way News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Federal Way

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:52 pm PST

NBC Sports 7:52PM
Browns claim tackle Andrew McDonald off waivers from Colts
Bleacher Report 9:30 PM
Breaking Down Raiders Game Plan vs. Bills
NBC Sports 9:47 PM
Raiders place Sio Moore on injured reserve
NFL12:24 PM
Pete Carroll and Jim Harbaugh 'had a moment' Sunday
Bleacher Report12:53 PM
If Not Harbaugh, Who Will Be Next HC of Raiders?