What were those two booms in the Puget Sound region?

There are 6 comments on the Aug 17, 2010, Rentonreporter.com story titled What were those two booms in the Puget Sound region?. In it, Rentonreporter.com reports that:

Two loud booms rattled offices in downtown Federal Way around 1:50 p.m. Tuesday, Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Rentonreporter.com.

chelsey

Seattle, WA

#1 Aug 17, 2010
I am in Federal Way and I heard on the AM radio that it "might have been" military aircraft. After the first BOOM I thought someone was firing a weapon outside my house. After the second BOOM and I saw that all the doors and windows shook I thought it might have been a sonic boom and aftershock. The radio is not telling us exactly what it was, only ideas of what it might have been. Maybe kids lighting off explosives for fun or something? I tried calling the local sheriff station and 911 but the lines were busy every time. Still no answers.
chelsey

Seattle, WA

#2 Aug 17, 2010
Just read the post and learned that they were sonic booms caused by military aircraft experimentation.
Pat

Seattle, WA

#3 Aug 17, 2010
http://neic.usgs.gov/neis/recent/uw08171939_l...

2.8 magnitude.

I'm in Tacoma just off of center street and it shook my house too, but reports are coming from even as far out as auburn and cathlamet.
Pat

Seattle, WA

#4 Aug 17, 2010
Experimentation? Where did you hear that? The news is saying two planes were sent to intercept another plane.
Katey

Seattle, WA

#5 Aug 17, 2010
Everyone from Centralia to Tacoma heard it, people that live on my street came outside and were scared because it was one after another. I just want to know what it was. if it was Military F18 fighter jets intercepting another plane or kids playing around, im 19 and Ive never heard anything like it.
Eugene Cain

AOL

#6 Aug 18, 2010
Everyone is Shell schocked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Federal Way Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best houses for sale Apr 21 South of Grand Homes 2
70000 dollar pig Apr 6 Free money 1
wendy parker? Apr 2 The truth 29
News Cops Bust HOV Cheater- With 'Most Interest... Mar 26 Xstain Mullah Fri... 1
News Cardboard 'Most Interesting Man' fails as carpo... Mar 25 Old Sam 9
girls, first time you had sex/ gave head (Oct '14) Mar '15 woody 3
News Drooling dogs and moist Mirrors | Q&A with Mr. ... Mar '15 Theresa 1
More from around the web

Federal Way People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]