Irresponsible Parents- facebook, twitter, etc!

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

Concerned Parent

Charleston, WV

#1 Dec 19, 2012
It has come to my attention today that there are parents in the area who leave their social networking sites set to public. These parents have pictures posted of their children, updates on their children's whereabouts and even have their children's names listed. Come on people! Enjoy sharing photos of your kids but check your twitter, facebook, instagram, blogging, etc. Go to the privacy settings and protect your family!
Thanks

Charleston, WV

#2 Dec 19, 2012
I checked my twitter and it was not private! That site is tricky!
Creepy people

Charleston, WV

#3 Dec 19, 2012
There are creepy people out there. Parents who leave sites public are idiots. I see all the time these highly educated people leaving their sites open, ranting about this and that. Then I'm like... Dumb ass, are you trying to get your kid kidnapped! Hello common sense.
Hm.

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Dec 20, 2012
Facebook, twitter and all other social network sites should be done away with. They are all about drama. Parents that let their children have them are irresponsible and obviously don't care. Sites like that, and even this one, do nothing but harm.
Agree

Charleston, WV

#5 Dec 20, 2012
It's the parents who have the open sites not even the kids!
Mel

Beckley, WV

#6 Dec 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="Hm."]Facebook, twitter and all other social network sites should be done away with. They are all about drama. Parents that let their children have them are irresponsible and obviously don't care. Sites like that, and even this one, do nothing but harm.[/QUOTE]

These sites are nothing but tools to communicate. They do no more harm than you could on a telephone. I've had a Facebook account for over 8 years. I've never had any "harm" done to me on it, or done any to another. When my children are old enough, ill allow them to have one as well. You seem to be all about drama, so I suppose for you those sites would just "bring it your way."
Not about drama

Bronx, NY

#7 Dec 20, 2012
The origional post on this had nothing to do with thoese sites causing drama at all. It had to do with not making them private. They are great to share pictures with friends and family. They are harmful when not set to private and parents display pictures of their kids for the entire world to see. There are people who complain about the school system being poor, people on the school board, parents who are smart people but don't realize they are displaying their kids over the Internet and that is very careless. We live in a dangerous world. People just double check your settings and tell your friends too. My friend told me to do this and I was shocked to see that I was at fault of this too. It's a easy mistake to make.
This is nuts

Charleston, WV

#8 Dec 22, 2012
Yep, the people criticizing others and trying to save the schools and be super parents are the ones With their kids posted all over twitter for the world to see. No privacy settings at all! Maybe they should be more cautious at home before complaining about everything else! There are worse things than having your kid miss a bake sale opportunity! How about perverts watching their every move! Geeeezzzz! Common sense people.
School board meeting

Summersville, WV

#9 Dec 23, 2012
This needs to be addressed in the school board meeting!
Seriously

Daniels, WV

#10 Dec 30, 2012
Why don't you guys get a life and stop worrying about other parents' parenting skills..
Not criticizing

Charleston, WV

#11 Dec 30, 2012
It's not criticizing. Well hopefully it's not. It's genuine concern for kids. There are tons of children abducted, kidnapped and even homes broken into because people accidentally leave these sites on public settings. It's a mistake people make. twitter should warn people of this.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#12 Feb 3, 2013
Concerned Parent wrote:
It has come to my attention today that there are parents in the area who leave their social networking sites set to public. These parents have pictures posted of their children, updates on their children's whereabouts and even have their children's names listed. Come on people! Enjoy sharing photos of your kids but check your twitter, facebook, instagram, blogging, etc. Go to the privacy settings and protect your family!
Agreed!
Lzz

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Feb 11, 2013
School board meeting wrote:
This needs to be addressed in the school board meeting!
why? What parents say and show on Facebook is not the business of the School Board.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DLD Auto Repair 4 hr On the hunt 2
Becky alport 19 hr Mike 5
Tudors rude service 20 hr pOONJABi 4
Satan get thee behind me 21 hr pOONJABi 49
blessings Mon Faith 44
Charlie Morton for Mayor of Fayetteville May 3 Dash 39
Crowded Dairy Queen May 2 Mommy took the pi... 1
More from around the web

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE