mr ed

Oak Hill, WV

#1 May 21, 2009
i just read them and didnt see our chief tax deputys name nowhere. did i miss something here??????????
Dash

Oak Hill, WV

#2 May 21, 2009
thought the same thing myself. Plus he just lives right down the road from me and story is he is getting ready to sell his house. Lets see.....hide the money??? and get out of jail free card. I hold out hope they are trying for federal charges and thats why he wasn't on the list.
mr ed

Oak Hill, WV

#3 May 22, 2009
there was a few other names i didnt see either,,,i bet they just forgot(innocent mistake) i mean there are so many petty crimes they just cant keep up
concerned

Raleigh, NC

#4 May 22, 2009
where do you see these at? Somewhere online?
coerced

Oak Hill, WV

#5 May 28, 2009
jus look in da beckley paper,,,,,,
Peacemaker fayette

United States

#6 Oct 25, 2009
It is political folks.
Just tell the truth

Urbana, OH

#7 Oct 25, 2009
The following is copied from the forum at " FayettevilleWV.net " --
Please don’t tell Kenneth Eskew, the President of the Fayette County Commission or its members, John Lopez and Matthew Wender… and please don’t tell Sheriff Steve Kessler or our former sheriff, Bill Laird… but the financial data proving Tom Woodrum’s $55,054 embezzlement of money from the “Juror’s and Witness’s” fund is explicitly stated in the State Auditor’s report released on August 31, 2009.
Here's the link to all WV State Auditor's reports:
http://www.wvsao.gov/cid/pdfAuditWebApp/defau...
To view the relevant reports, just select "Fayette County" from the pick list of counties. Next, by clicking on the column heading, "Report Name," the system will sort alphabetically by Report Name. You'll find the report on the 2nd page of report names. Next, select "Fayette County Commission." You’ll want the report released on August 31, 2009 with the report type of "Agreed Upon Procedures." When you retrieve the report, it should say "2115_Fayette County Commission AUP 2008 to 2009.pdf."
It's interesting reading. You'll see that on the last page, the auditor's office has made recommendations for improving procedures. But, what’s even more interesting, is that the 2006 audit shows a cash shortage of $13,065; the 2007 audit shows a cash shortage of 19,724 more tax payer’s dollars; and the 2008 audit shows that 18,643 of still more tax payer’s dollars were missing.
Each year the auditor’s office made recommendations in procedures to eliminate the chance of recurrence in the following year, but in the subsequent year, the reports indicate the recommendations were ignored.
The readers of this post may have their own opinions, but it appears to me that our County Administration through its shameful incompetence, enabled Tom Woodrum to steal our money. Maybe additional members of the administration should be investigated for being criminally negligent in the performance of their duties if not co-conspirators in this crime.
The County Commission is meeting at 9:00 AM, this Friday, October 23rd. Let’s see if this embezzlement case and its long overdue prosecution is a subject of discussion. By the way, former Sheriff Bill Laird will be at the meeting around 11:00 AM. Maybe the local media could be on hand to interview him. Maybe a few readers of this post could contact the local media ?
Faith

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Aug 7, 2015
Hello

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Hill bar 28 min Thin and Crispy 9
Denise and Jimmy Smith 47 min I know her very well 4
Rachel Simmons chose randy prince over her own ... 1 hr arlene 1
does rachel simmons changes randy prince diapers? 2 hr bozo 1
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992
Cassie actually anal gangbang star Thu Bummer 4
Hey PattyA Thu I know her very well 3

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance