Those signs on the Vandalian look awful
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anonymous

United States

#21 Apr 29, 2012
Eve wrote:
<quoted text>You are right Addam, rock climbing, rafting and hackysack require athletes that are in shape, overweight, obese individuals can play football anywhere under sub par coaches. Like most football players they will never reach college, or even know how to spell college by hanging around you. collage...LOL!
lol
Anonymous

United States

#22 Apr 29, 2012
Eve wrote:
<quoted text>You are right Addam, rock climbing, rafting and hackysack require athletes that are in shape, overweight, obese individuals can play football anywhere under sub par coaches. Like most football players they will never reach college, or even know how to spell college by hanging around you. collage...LOL!
gotta love jocks
Addam

Charleston, WV

#23 Apr 29, 2012
tHeTrolliEsT wrote:
<quoted text>
it's spelled college
LOL wow I did didn't I? Spell correct... oh well, I'll take my lumps...
Addam

Charleston, WV

#24 Apr 29, 2012
tHeTrolliEsT wrote:
<quoted text>
gotta love jocks
Agreed... 1 thing though, how many pro football players live in a run down VW micro bus??? I thought so.
Addam

Charleston, WV

#25 Apr 29, 2012
Oh wait while I'm at it, how many of your fit "pro athletes" as you call them, have a nice shower waiting on them when they finish up for the day? Damn I forgot, you have Patchouli! Nevermind... Yum nothing says fresh like Patchouli, that is if ya dig the smell of dirt, pot, and hippy sweat all rolled up in one...
Addam

Charleston, WV

#26 Apr 29, 2012
The sad thing is, I was taking up for the joint... Fayetteville is what it is! Ask anyone in a 50 mile radius and you'll get the same description... Well ya may hear about the wonderful police force but still, Fayetteville is know for It's hippies, climbers and river rats.
bob sagat

Oak Hill, WV

#27 Apr 29, 2012
blue do you youmean the crew center
Addam

Charleston, WV

#28 Apr 30, 2012
LOL I've eaten there, and it's good food. My apologies for the personal attacks. In my original post, I know I should've worded things differently. I was really just saying it's his and he can do as he pleases... so, sorry to all I have offended.
youwishyouwereme

Oak Hill, WV

#29 May 5, 2012
The Vandalian looks to mostly be dead all the time. Every once in a while I see the place loaded up but mostly empty, they will suffer the same fate as the Stone Goddess and the Sedona, and The Good Earth so let us vote to what little restaurant or junk selling shop the hippies put in to replace the Vandalian to make it appear as if something is going on in Fayetteville.
1 post removed
MaryJane

Charleston, WV

#31 May 10, 2012
Honestly, it's pretty stupid that people are making such a big deal about it. It's his restaurant, let him do what he wants with it. the fact that signs can offend so many people baffles me. In fact, the only people that have a problem with this are the other people who own restaurants in town. Just because he doesn't buy his food pre-made from Sam's Club, doesn't mean you have to attack him. Keep up the good work Porter.
shocking!!!

Mount Hope, WV

#32 May 10, 2012
I am totally shocked at all the judgmental comments in this thread. I am a local and have been part of the river industry my whole life so where do I fit into your judging? It is really sad that people can judge others and put PEOPLE in such categories. It's a shame.
Mee

Sophia, WV

#33 Sep 28, 2012
Addam wrote:
T<quoted text>Tacky and out-of-place? Have you ever seen Fayetteville my friend? The town is full of dirty hippies! River rats and rock climbers that didn't get the memo that bathing should be a priority! The man is running a business, leave him alone! I feel that restaurant is doing better then any other in town, unless ya wanna spend you entire paycheck on a pizza and a beer at Pies and Pints! If he wanted to paint it orange and purple he can! He owns the place! Also the town had to approve it in order for it to be there in the first place...
Excuse me, but who do you think you are? The signs are EXTREMELY TACKY!!! I have lived in Fayetteville my whole life. I know how to bathe, I have two college degrees. Fayetteville is a lovely little town and those signs SUCK! Pies n Pints isn't any more expensive than Vandalian. Also they have never wanted to support the community. They are awful tourons (a cross between a moron & a tourist) that need to leave the state. And it sounds like you need to mind your own business!! Piss off!!
Mee

Sophia, WV

#34 Sep 28, 2012
vegitarian wrote:
<quoted text>
It means you are a world class athlete, and none of us relocated outdoorsy citizens of Fayetteville give a damn what you local hillbillies think so just keep on calling me names.
That is exactly what I am talking about. You "transplants" move here from out of state and think you are better than the locals. My boyfriend & I have lived here for 36 years. He has been a guide since he was eighteen years. I also have worked at most of the "outdoor companies" around here. We made the hiking trails when we were children. We know just about everyone in the industry. The problem is you "transplants" come here and take our jobs, our homes, our hiking & biking trails. We can't even find a decent place to camp because of people like you. I am a well educated citizen of Fayetteville. This is our town. If you don't like the locals get the f*** out!!!! PLEASE!!!!
getahome

Oak Hill, WV

#35 Oct 10, 2012
here is the truth about this place. new signs on doors and window that say "cash only". this is the first sign of a restaurant that will be closed soon. i went in to get some lunch, hadn't noticed the signs, went to pay and was told "no debit or credit cards". what the!!! the girl then told me, "there is an atm just down the street". are you kidding me, i need to pay three dollars above the cost to eat here? typical morons who think it would be cool to have a restaurant, trendy place for "us and our friends" with no business background at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Note to Certain women 4 hr IknowWhatyouDid10511 22
Zack Blackburn 5 hr catchYOUatTHEgym 25
little robert and mad such wimps lol 7 hr Robert 6
hey little man how you doing ? 8 hr Been there 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 9 hr Inquiring 4,317
Fayette continuous nursing home Fri Mindyaown 4
Een is the father of chief David kinzer wife Fri Madeline 2

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance