1/150th ARS Troops Returning Home fro...

1/150th ARS Troops Returning Home from Iraq

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

Disappointed

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone heard about the soldiers who have been deployed from this area? They are part of the 30th HBCT out of North Carolina. It is the 1/150th ARS out of Glen Jean. These guys have been deployed for over a year now and have just made it into Georgia last night for demobilization. For the past month all of the families were notified that once the soldiers made it to the states they would spend 4 days in Georgia and the 5th day would be a travel day back to Charleston, WV where we could pick up our soldiers and bring them home. Now all of that has changed. They are not flying back until (at the soonest) Monday even though even the news said this weekend. The 30th HBCT gets to go home Friday but the guys from the 1/150th out of WV have to stay all weekend even though they have nothing to do. To me it seems a little unfair to keep these soldiers who have worked hard all year any longer than they have to especially when they should be home with their families. If they don't have work over the weekend why would you keep them and why would you lie to families and tell them that these soldiers will be home, get there hopes up and then just change it. A lot of these families already had plans and trips planned. It's really sad the way these men and women of the WVANG are being treated!!
so sorry

Elkview, WV

#2 Jan 19, 2010
I have a friend with 1/150th ou tof Eleanor, and as of an hour ago he was still in his FOB. Waiting for a plane. It does stink for the families, but the military is notorious for "hurry up and wait"
Still In Iraq

Iraq

#3 Jan 19, 2010
You've got bad information. I am here in Iraq and the "30th" as you are calling it is still here. Windy / Dusty weather is a factor here for flights out. Nobody is waiting around with nothing to do. Nobody is being treated unfairly. Nobody lied to anybody. Some soldiers have left and returned yes, but it was a combination of units to include WVU personnel. It would be nice if everything went down the way it is planned, but there are factors (i.e. weather)that we have no control over. They will be home soon. For the ones that are stateside, their movement is controlled by WVU not North Carolina so you might try calling someone there to inquire about their arrival, instead of posting it here for the BAD GUYS to see.
Disappointed wrote:
Has anyone heard about the soldiers who have been deployed from this area? They are part of the 30th HBCT out of North Carolina. It is the 1/150th ARS out of Glen Jean. These guys have been deployed for over a year now and have just made it into Georgia last night for demobilization. For the past month all of the families were notified that once the soldiers made it to the states they would spend 4 days in Georgia and the 5th day would be a travel day back to Charleston, WV where we could pick up our soldiers and bring them home. Now all of that has changed. They are not flying back until (at the soonest) Monday even though even the news said this weekend. The 30th HBCT gets to go home Friday but the guys from the 1/150th out of WV have to stay all weekend even though they have nothing to do. To me it seems a little unfair to keep these soldiers who have worked hard all year any longer than they have to especially when they should be home with their families. If they don't have work over the weekend why would you keep them and why would you lie to families and tell them that these soldiers will be home, get there hopes up and then just change it. A lot of these families already had plans and trips planned. It's really sad the way these men and women of the WVANG are being treated!!
WELCOME HOME

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2010
Still In Iraq wrote:
You've got bad information. I am here in Iraq and the "30th" as you are calling it is still here. Windy / Dusty weather is a factor here for flights out. Nobody is waiting around with nothing to do. Nobody is being treated unfairly. Nobody lied to anybody. Some soldiers have left and returned yes, but it was a combination of units to include WVU personnel. It would be nice if everything went down the way it is planned, but there are factors (i.e. weather)that we have no control over. They will be home soon. For the ones that are stateside, their movement is controlled by WVU not North Carolina so you might try calling someone there to inquire about their arrival, instead of posting it here for the BAD GUYS to see. <quoted text>
I don't appreciate the way you just wrote all of that. I didn't ask about the guys that are in Iraq and I didn't say anything about the 30th or any so called bad guys I made sure to put all the right information I have been dealing with the military for SEVERAL years now and I know better so thank you for reading too much into this and being a jerk. My husband is with the 1/150th and the families were LIED too thank you so much I'm glad you get all the information the we do I'm sure you are a part of our FRG in WV where we got emails saying that our soldiers would be home THIS WEEKEND you have NO CLUE what was told to us. Also I posted this under a WV city not North Carolina so in doing that I don't need to call anyone. I did say the 1/150th as my title and they were a DETACHMENT of the 30th HBCT never once did I say the 30th I said does anyone know anything about the guys who deployed WITH the 30th. They are no longer overseas they are stateside doing there DEMOBILIZATION. I never said the troops were being treated unfairly and NEVER said anything about the guys that are STILL OVERSEAS. What I was saying WAS that they have nothing to do this WEEKEND they will be done on Friday with demob. I am not an ignorant person I know how the army is and I do know all about sandstorms and the bad weather. Buddy you may still be in Iraq but over half of the guys that deployed are home (in the states that is). Good luck getting a flight back to the states but being rude is not necessary. And this post was put here to just start a discussion on these guys. WELCOME HOME 1/150TH ARS AND 230TH!! GREAT JOB TROOPS!!
Disappointed

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2010
so sorry wrote:
I have a friend with 1/150th ou tof Eleanor, and as of an hour ago he was still in his FOB. Waiting for a plane. It does stink for the families, but the military is notorious for "hurry up and wait"
FYI the post above is from me too I just didn't change my name back. I know it's always hurry up and wait. Sometimes you just have to learn to have patience. Some of the guys have to stay a little longer to clean up and get the rear moving in. There is always an advanced party, middle, and one at the end. Luckily my husband is already with the 1/150th doing demobilization and will be home next week (and I can say this b/c it is all over the news, radio and if you would look online it is there too) I would never say anything that I'm not "allowed" to say! I'm just so glad they are coming home and they are safe. They deserve a huge WELCOME HOME!
Disappointed

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2010
p.s. can I just say AGAIN that I WAS NOT talking about the guys overseas I'm talking about the guys already in the states.
Hmmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Jan 20, 2010
I didn't see anything rude about his post. Maybe some Midol and a nice bath would help.
Disappointed

United States

#8 Jan 20, 2010
He was making it seem like I didn't know what I was talking about and like I was putting negative things about the military like I meant that the troops overseas were being treated badly or like I said something about the 30th. Midol also has nothing to do with this....it was more or less a way of talking to hopefully some other wives who are going through the same thing. Little did I know I was going to hear this or need anyone to correct me but thanks for trying. I am sick of topix it's a lot of negative people and people who just like to judge others. I'm done with this site.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's this little town like? 1 hr Mt-Olive 41
Little Richard mcvey 1 hr Mt-Olive 8
Air Quality at Oak Hill football/baseball fields. 1 hr Billy 2
Vonna 1 hr Town of Ansted 2
turn them in name names (May '10) 1 hr Town of Ansted 21
Jesse Flint( A.k.a.)Mountain State Plumbing 2 hr Ditto 2
Trailer 2 hr Danny Myscavitz 2

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages