best friendly place for a beer

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
steve

Kittanning, PA

#1 Jan 16, 2013
Will be staying in town for a day in march. Where is the best place for a friendly beer?
beer drinker

Fayetteville, WV

#2 Jan 17, 2013
steve wrote:
Will be staying in town for a day in march. Where is the best place for a friendly beer?
Charlies Pub,
steve

Kittanning, PA

#3 Jan 17, 2013
I'll look for it. Thanks
Derf

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2013
Been meaning to comment... Charlies Pub is a local's hole in the wall kind of place and nice for strong drinks and lingering cigarette smoke. Kinda surly, kinda friendly, small and located under an old gas station.
The bar at the Quality Inn near Dairy Queen is decent but pretty typical. Also a local hangout.
Diogis has a nice bar and tasty (slightly overpriced) Mexican food.
Pies N Pints downtown is a great place to grab a table and relax with friends. Usually crowded with out of towners and also overpriced, but great selection (locally brewed beer!).
If you want to make the trip, Cheti's at the Class VI compound is different and cosy but out of the way. Kinda not worth it until summertime IMHO.
These are the main ones. All is just my opinion. Hope this helps and welcome (back?) to Fayetteville!
Derf

United States

#5 Jan 19, 2013
There used to be a cool resteraunt downtown called the Vandalian but it closed recently. They had a beautiful place and very nice sitting downtown, drinking a beer while watching our little town wind down in the evening. Lots of people didn't like the menu and prices but it was a great setting... I'm bored.
hmmm

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 20, 2013
You can drive to Bradley about 15 minutes south on Route 19 and go to Southern X. There you can grab an over-priced beer and look at some of southern West Virginia's finest (naked trailer trash). If you have some scooby snacks or a satchel of cocaine, or lots of money...you can probably even get lucky there.
looking for jason russell

Summersville, WV

#7 Jan 20, 2013
Looking for jason russell?
Well

Beckley, WV

#8 Jan 20, 2013
He doesn't live in Fayetteville anymore.
Next stupid question

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 20, 2013
hmmm wrote:
You can drive to Bradley about 15 minutes south on Route 19 and go to Southern X. There you can grab an over-priced beer and look at some of southern West Virginia's finest (naked trailer trash). If you have some scooby snacks or a satchel of cocaine, or lots of money...you can probably even get lucky there.
LOL! But is the over-priced beer friendly? Remember, this persons lookin for friendly beer drinkin.Surely the trailer trash is friendly. Right?
wellthen

United States

#10 Jan 23, 2013
looking for jason russell wrote:
Looking for jason russell?
I knew I hadn't seen him around. Where is he these days?
Del Mar

Chesapeake, VA

#11 Jan 23, 2013
steve wrote:
There are no friendly bears in WV that I know of. When I was a youngster, my Gram Pa told me that there was a black bear used to come in his back yard when he was a kid but the dogs chased it away. A Lot of the people say there are some leopards in WV but I don't know if they are friendly. Better stick to the bears, cats are more dangerous.
Lost in the Wilderness

Fayetteville, WV

#12 Jan 23, 2013
Steve, if you were coming in April, you could go to the Red Dog Saloon. Without a doubt, it's this areas nicest night club for drinks and dancing. Also I believe it's smoke free unlike Charlies and all the other places around here.
Concrete jungle

Charleston, WV

#13 Jan 24, 2013
The pub charlies pub
Lost in the Wilderness

Fayetteville, WV

#14 Jan 24, 2013
Why would someone think my post #12 is funny? I would have judged it as helpful.
harley girl

United States

#15 Jan 24, 2013
Owls club in oak hill out summerlee road is the best!!!!!
Elvis

Barberton, OH

#16 Jan 24, 2013
Lost in the Wilderness wrote:
Why would someone think my post #12 is funny? I would have judged it as helpful.
Those were good times indeed.
Elvis

Barberton, OH

#17 Jan 24, 2013
While we are reminiscing, River Knights.
steve

Kittanning, PA

#18 Jan 27, 2013
Thanks everybody for the feedback! always enjoy local hole in the wall type places,
Really

Alexandria, VA

#19 Aug 9, 2013
harley girl wrote:
Owls club in oak hill out summerlee road is the best!!!!!
Owls Club is probably the WORST place in the nation to go. Only people that go there are the ones that like to swap STDs or young men that try to hook up with 60 year old pill heads. Stay away..
rooster

Charleston, WV

#20 Aug 30, 2013
THE CHICKEN COUP AT THE WHITEHORSE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chains still here 11 hr Faith 1,020
Create your own Forum 11 hr Weepy 784
Gangs in WV (Nov '11) 19 hr Thetruth 105
News Ex-Oak Hill VFD president sentenced for embezzling (Sep '10) Wed Faith 119
Deputy Nick Mooney Tue Supporter 41
Can we bring Christ Back?? Tue Faith 5
Men are really stupid Aug 31 Faith 48
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages