Cathedral Cafe for Sale?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fayetteville, WV

#1 Sep 24, 2011
Sorry to see that yet another business goes under.
Roller

Scott Depot, WV

#2 Sep 24, 2011
Too many places for a small town in a bad economy and in an antt-business state? Want jobs? Then change how you've voted for 60 years or stop wondering why WV lags behind everything?
wvgirl

Beckley, WV

#3 Sep 24, 2011
where did this info come from? can anyone substantiate this rumor or provide any more information?
FYI

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Sep 24, 2011
there was a divorce and the ex husband who never set foot in the place gets 50%. she has to sell it...it is not going under but she cannot afford to buy out his half. If there are any wealthy people out there willing to help her to keep the business I am sure she would appreciate it. That woman grew that business from nothing and I think it is crap that she has to give him anything. Just my opinion. I admire her for being a gracious person and watching what she dreamed of go up for sale.
Wendy

Princeton, WV

#5 Sep 24, 2011
The cafe isn't going out of business. It is for sale. If anyone would like additional information, please feel free to email me at [email protected] Please help squelch the rumor mill. Thanks.
Sally

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Sep 24, 2011
FYI wrote:
there was a divorce and the ex husband who never set foot in the place gets 50%. she has to sell it...it is not going under but she cannot afford to buy out his half. If there are any wealthy people out there willing to help her to keep the business I am sure she would appreciate it. That woman grew that business from nothing and I think it is crap that she has to give him anything. Just my opinion. I admire her for being a gracious person and watching what she dreamed of go up for sale.
I always liked Rick and saw him in there all the time...I always thought they started the business together. I am sorry about her bad luck.
FYI

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Sep 24, 2011
well, I was just repeating what I was told. would like to retract anything I said that might have hurt Wendy or anyone else. She posted info and I for one do not want to be spreading gossip that may or may not be true. I wish her well.
bill

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Sep 25, 2011
Kim S. the restaurant godess started the place. The other two were the folks riding out the name.
Sally

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Sep 26, 2011
bill wrote:
Kim S. the restaurant godess started the place. The other two were the folks riding out the name.
Oh. Is she the owner of Pies and Pints and Secret Sandwich Shop?
not

Princeton, WV

#10 Sep 26, 2011
Kim owned the Cafe for 2 years before the Bayes' bought it and made it into the community-oriented place that it is today. Riding on the name for 11.5 years, huh? Riiiiiiigggghhht. How about we give them some credit?
Clear it Up

Princeton, WV

#11 Sep 26, 2011
Kim is part owner of Pies & Pints. Dave Bailey, her ex and Tashia Hippler's fiance, own SSS together.
Dissident

United States

#12 Sep 28, 2011
Whomever takes over operations at Cathedral will have their work cut out for themselves, because Wendy does a fine job running that place. I wish her well in her new vocation and Cathedral and her regular patrons will miss her.

Thanks Wendy!
hellzyeah

United States

#13 Sep 28, 2011
Wendy is getting a divorce??? Sweet shes freaking hot Ima have to hit her up...
Ummmm

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Sep 30, 2011
FYI wrote:
So is this a divorce from husband 2. I knew they were living together but did not know they were married.
Thomas

Mount Hope, WV

#15 Oct 5, 2011
I always go to the cafe to have lunch when I'm in town with friends. It is a great place to have lunch!
anna

Mount Hope, WV

#16 Oct 5, 2011
i love that place. hope it stays open for many more years.
Hope

Princeton, WV

#17 Oct 7, 2011
Wendy always makes us feel welcome. We love it when she has time to sit and chat with us. Always a laugh. Makes the food even better when you can break bread with a friend.
jeb09

Carnegie, PA

#18 Oct 22, 2011
Well I guess we should teach the children of Fayetteveille that if you want to make a good living then the little local business dedicaed to tourism is the wrong way to go.
Not quite right

Beckley, WV

#19 Oct 23, 2011
The cafe donates money to all local school events and the community chili feed was their idea. I think calling it a tourist based business is incorrect. They are heavily involved in community.
Sheryl

Mount Hope, WV

#20 Oct 23, 2011
I like Wendy and I wish her the best of luck with everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
yoga pants 32 min SOW 9
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 5 hr MyLittleSecret 5,306
John Ferris 5 hr Anonymous 14
Budweiser 5 hr LOUIS 5
Drugs for 45 dollars 7 hr Sphinctermodel 7
Junior Nazarene 7 hr Sphinctermodel 2
gurl jumps off nrg bridge (Dec '11) 11 hr Tyler talbert 47

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance