Strange noises in the woods

Strange noises in the woods

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fayetteville citizen

United States

#1 Oct 15, 2011
Has anyone heard any unidentifiable noises in the mountains of Fayette county?
jethro

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Oct 15, 2011
Yea I did, I wuz squirrel hunten and hurd one of the wurstest noises evur did hear, almosty made me pass out it was so loud, sounded like sumbody screamin. I sneeked ovur thar to see whut it wuz and to my surpriz, it wuz a big ole fat wurman havun sex wiff a big male hogg, and boff of em wuz a squeelin, boy da musta been havun fun is all i can say. i got my azz outta thar in a harry.
Fayetteville Citizen

Watertown, WI

#3 Oct 16, 2011
jethro wrote:
Yea I did, I wuz squirrel hunten and hurd one of the wurstest noises evur did hear, almosty made me pass out it was so loud, sounded like sumbody screamin. I sneeked ovur thar to see whut it wuz and to my surpriz, it wuz a big ole fat wurman havun sex wiff a big male hogg, and boff of em wuz a squeelin, boy da musta been havun fun is all i can say. i got my azz outta thar in a harry.
I'm serious, a-hole!!!!
fayette co resident

Beckley, WV

#4 Oct 16, 2011
I have lived in Fayette co. for almost 60 years. I have heard bobcat, cougars, owls, etc. What type of sound did you hear? And what part of Fayette co??
Money

Hurricane, WV

#5 Oct 16, 2011
I think it was coming from the Mohawk Lounge and was probably T-Bone sucking it up.
Fayetteville Citizen

Watertown, WI

#6 Oct 17, 2011
fayette co resident wrote:
I have lived in Fayette co. for almost 60 years. I have heard bobcat, cougars, owls, etc. What type of sound did you hear? And what part of Fayette co??
Fayetteville, and it honestly sounded like a monkey type scream.
fayette co resident

Beckley, WV

#7 Oct 17, 2011
interesting.I know there are lots of creatures out here in the woods and all the activity in the woods is bringing animals closer to the humans.was it day or night when you heard it???
Fayetteville Citizen

Watertown, WI

#8 Oct 17, 2011
fayette co resident wrote:
interesting.I know there are lots of creatures out here in the woods and all the activity in the woods is bringing animals closer to the humans.was it day or night when you heard it???
It was night time.
Money

Poca, WV

#9 Oct 17, 2011
Fayetteville Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Fayetteville, and it honestly sounded like a monkey type scream.
That was Obammy screaming in frustration because he is fu**ing up the country and people are finally waking up to the fact he is worthless.
just mabey

Huntington, WV

#10 Oct 18, 2011
not tring to discredit you or say it wasnt something "strange", it has been my experance from being in the wilderness, that when in the woods at night your mind is at a heightened awareness. this can cause even common sounds to feel strange, or even make you think you heard something strange when in fact it was a common sound and your mind was playing tricks on you so to speak...your eyes will do the same, make you think your are seeing things diffrently than they actually are. close your eyes, think of that exact sound, then think of things in your mind that would or could sound like that...also listen for it in everyday settings, you may hear it and answer your question yourself.

we were on a 8 day hike and 2 nights in a row heard strange screeching noises off and on. the first morning after i heard it i didnt say anything to anyone, thought it was in my mind because it was intermittant and random. the second morning that i heard it i said something about it and a couple of us were discussing it when another from the group heard us and said "yeah its a train way in the distance, the wheels squeeling on the tracks". once he said that we instantly realized thats what it was and we lust couldnt single it out as that when we had heard it.
Fayetteville Citizen

United States

#11 Oct 19, 2011
just mabey wrote:
not tring to discredit you or say it wasnt something "strange", it has been my experance from being in the wilderness, that when in the woods at night your mind is at a heightened awareness. this can cause even common sounds to feel strange, or even make you think you heard something strange when in fact it was a common sound and your mind was playing tricks on you so to speak...your eyes will do the same, make you think your are seeing things
diffrently than they actually are. close your eyes,
think of that exact sound, then think of things in
your mind that would or could sound like
that...also listen for it in everyday settings, you
may hear it and answer your question yourself.
we were on a 8 day hike and 2 nights in a row heard strange screeching noises off and on. the first morning after i heard it i didnt say anything to anyone, thought it was in my mind because it was intermittant and random. the second morning that i heard it i said something about it and a couple of us were discussing it when another from the group heard us and said "yeah its a train way in the distance, the wheels squeeling on the tracks". once he said that we instantly realized thats what it was and we lust couldnt single it out
as that when we had heard it.
This was NOT my mind playing tricks on me. My uncle n bf heard it too. Its not a noise that I've heard before.
I agree

Mount Hope, WV

#12 Oct 19, 2011
Fayetteville Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
This was NOT my mind playing tricks on me. My uncle n bf heard it too. Its not a noise that I've heard before.
I heard a strange noise about a week ago. I also live in Fayetteville. My husband and daughter heard it too. We were thinking it was maybe a Mountain Lion...??? It sounded like a woman/baby scream. It was odd.
Jethro

Chesapeake, VA

#13 Oct 19, 2011
Fayetteville Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm serious, a-hole!!!!
I are serous too. And whuts an a-hole? is dat close to da b-hole, where da horney bees live? Maybe dat big ole wurman go stung by a horney bee, dat caused hur to squearm and skream like she did, yea recon?
fayette county resident

Beckley, WV

#14 Oct 19, 2011
if it sounded like a woman screaming that is a bobcat....there are lots of them around Fayetteville. Always have been. The younger ones have a higher pitched sound. Bet that is what it was.
I Can Help

Hurricane, WV

#15 Oct 19, 2011
fayette county resident wrote:
if it sounded like a woman screaming that is a bobcat....there are lots of them around Fayetteville. Always have been. The younger ones have a higher pitched sound. Bet that is what it was.
You should keep your wife and daughter at home and keep them out of the woods.
just mabey

Mount Hope, WV

#16 Oct 21, 2011
like i said im not arguing the fact..only that i have heard train wheels screeching alot in my life, but that time because of the distance, or the way it echoed, or the wind, for what ever reason thats not what we heard in our minds till he told us. so even a common noise in the right condition with your mind and senses heightened may souind strange..also the lady/child screaming is typically a wild cat of some kind, bobcat, mtn. lion.
lol

Beckley, WV

#17 Oct 22, 2011
if someone in the area has one they can be loud and sound very weird. Their sounds can carry over a mile with ease and they make sounds day and night. And the animal I am talking abut is a freaking peacock. Crazy , loud sounding birds lol very pretty but load and can be mean too. I know a man who has a couple around there so you might be hearing his.
Jethro

Chesapeake, VA

#18 Oct 22, 2011
I still think it wuz dat big ole fat wurman skrewing dat big ole hogg, uall wont lisson to me.
Anonymous

Summersville, WV

#19 Oct 23, 2011
Maybe a cat in heat. That's a noise that's scary to hear at night.
Fayetteville Citizen

Watertown, WI

#20 Oct 23, 2011
lol wrote:
if someone in the area has one they can be loud and sound very weird. Their sounds can carry over a mile with ease and they make sounds day and night. And the animal I am talking abut is a freaking peacock. Crazy , loud sounding birds lol very pretty but load and can be mean too. I know a man who has a couple around there so you might be hearing his.
It was no peacock or cat in heat, it legit sounded like a gorilla or something.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chains still here 1 hr Faith 414
Petition to have Faith removed/ banned by TOPIX... 3 hr Faith 49
Take down Cool Small Town signs 5 hr D J Ahern Town Co... 8
News WV: New River Transit Grand Opening Today With ... 12 hr ShadowKnight V 2
Hunter Krise Mon Faith 68
News Manchin to ride Sunday for fallen heroes Sun Chip and Dip 1
Fayetteville Attorney Post disappeared Sun Faith 124
More from around the web

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages