new ambulance service
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned

Mount Hope, WV

#1 Aug 19, 2011
I have some concern to the NEW AMBULANCE Service that has come into town.. I just saw ONE of the TWO Ambulances on a rowback. Makes me question where did this Ambulance come from and What kind of equipment do they have????? And they call themselves PRIORITY......HELLO......
Haha

United States

#2 Aug 19, 2011
R u flipping serious
the fact is

Scott Depot, WV

#3 Aug 22, 2011
First of all, I'm pretty sure it's ROLLback not ROWback...
Second of all because you have only seen 2 trucks on the road that does not mean that is all there is. I'm pretty sure there are a total of 11. And for that matter, Jan Care and General trucks are seen quite frequently on rollbacks. Between wrecking, tearing up awnings and being stolen one could guess that is why they are so late to their appointments and no coverage for the counties.
Take this as a lesson...don't judge until you know.
Sane and Rational

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Aug 22, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I have some concern to the NEW AMBULANCE Service that has come into town.. I just saw ONE of the TWO Ambulances on a rowback. Makes me question where did this Ambulance come from and What kind of equipment do they have????? And they call themselves PRIORITY......HELLO......
Maybe they'll hire you as a consultant. What are your credentials? What experience do you have in operating an ambulance company?
old player

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Aug 23, 2011
bout time some new blood came to the area to serve the needy citizens of fayette county. seems like the only thing the old services CARE about is if you are in a nursung home and have frequent runs. maybe this new company will be allowed to give the people that need an ambulance for an emergency first PRIORITY!!!!!!!!!!are ya scared??????????
Sane and Rational

Oak Hill, WV

#6 Aug 24, 2011
old player wrote:
...maybe this new company will be allowed to give the people that need an ambulance for an emergency first PRIORITY!!!!!!!!!!are ya scared??????????
I was never aware that an outside, unknown entity is dictating to a privately owned ambulance service whether they may or may not provide service to a person in an emergency situation. Would you kindly tell us more about this? Thank you.
friend

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Aug 24, 2011
Sane and Rational wrote:
<quoted text>I was never aware that an outside, unknown entity is dictating to a privately owned ambulance service whether they may or may not provide service to a person in an emergency situation. Would you kindly tell us more about this? Thank you.
It's a state law. Check the DOT's website. They have to be a nonemergency squad for a year before they can work emergency calls.
Sane and Rational

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Aug 24, 2011
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a state law. Check the DOT's website. They have to be a nonemergency squad for a year before they can work emergency calls.
I'm quite sure than if an unnamed ambulance service company in this area is criticized for the manner in which conducts its business, that this unnamed ambulance service company is most likely Jan-Care Ambulance Service Inc. Since, Jan-Care has certainly been in business for more that one year, I don't believe the DOT regulation which you cite is relevant to Old Player's very clear insinuation that this unnamed ambulance company is not being permitted to transport people in emergency situations.
Anonymous

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Aug 24, 2011
Sane and Rational wrote:
<quoted text>I'm quite sure than if an unnamed ambulance service company in this area is criticized for the manner in which conducts its business, that this unnamed ambulance service company is most likely Jan-Care Ambulance Service Inc. Since, Jan-Care has certainly been in business for more that one year, I don't believe the DOT regulation which you cite is relevant to Old Player's very clear insinuation that this unnamed ambulance company is not being permitted to transport people in emergency situations.
It's Priority ambulance, not Jan-Care.
Ordinary Citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Aug 25, 2011
When did Priority Ambulance Service begin operating in the Fayetteville area?
the fact is

Princeton, WV

#11 Aug 25, 2011
seems to me that a license would state if you do or do not run emergencies
Joe Six Pack

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Aug 25, 2011
GLOCKUSA wrote:
<quoted text>It's Priority ambulance, not Jan-Care.
I thought "Old Player" was complaining about Jan-Care. So, now what's the problem with Priority Ambulance Service?
Not one of them

Oak Hill, WV

#13 Aug 25, 2011
Concerned wrote:
I just figured out what "Concerned" is trying to say. I think he meant to say that he saw an ambulance being hauled on a rollback truck. Some days, it take way too much effort to figure out what some of you people are trying to say on here.
oldplayer

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Aug 28, 2011
i am refering to priority ambulance. they are not allowed to be on the 911 system as of yet because they have only been in operation for about a month and the county wisemen say there is a waiting period i think. but they can run emergency calls if they are called direct. the fact that they have only just opened and already the corporate giant seems to be focused on them, meaning jan care- general consolidated monster, thereby leaving them a monopoly on the 911 system, rendering the citizens of fayette county no choice in the care they recieve. this has always been the problem, but then again, guess GOLIATH SHOULD HAVE BEEN AFRAID OF DAVID and his itty bitty stone!!!
disgusted

United States

#15 Jan 30, 2013
I am an emt that used to work in va. I had the honor of riding in jan care during my father's illness. What an awful mess! That was the nastiest ambulance I hav ever seen!! Our units were cleand ans steralized daily. I was afraid for my father and myself. Filth is puting it mildly! You get in with one thing ang get out with a second illness! The thing was crawling with germs from every pick up they ever made. Clean your units guys you are suppose to help people not give them oher disesaes. Disgusting and lazy!
PriorityRox

Taylorsville, NC

#16 Mar 6, 2013
Priority Ambulance Service
Serving Fayette & Raleigh Counties
"Compassion & Care At Its Best"

www.PriorityAmbulanceService.com
www.Facebook.com/PriorityAmbulanceService

Priority opened on July 28, 2011 as a primarily non-emergency ambulance provider focused on serving Fayette, Raleigh & Nicholas counties. On their 3rd day in operation they answered THREE 911 calls because the "County 911 Agencies" had NO ambulances available.
1 post removed
priority is dealing drugs

Chapmanville, WV

#18 Mar 13, 2013
in my neighborhood and yours too. watch and learn
disgusted

United States

#19 Mar 16, 2013
Don't need a union! I was volunteer in va! Gimme a break..u really don't know what ur talin about if u haven't ridden in filth!!
AllLivesMatter

Beckley, WV

#20 Mar 15, 2016
Priority is both good and bad. The bosses do pick favorites and they get by with everything including kicked out of facilities. They do happen to have the most care over JC/General. Also the trucks are more clean and the employees do know what they are doing when it comes to bad situations. Yes it's a small company but they truly are a good one with patients and facilities and even the public. Most go out of their way to help others even when not asked to do so. I have witnessed many good random acts of kindness and even awesome teamwork from Priority.
Faithful Citizen

Oak Hill, WV

#21 Mar 20, 2016
Joe Six Pack wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought "Old Player" was complaining about Jan-Care. So, now what's the problem with Priority Ambulance Service?
You and me both!!! Sounds just like them, don't it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lost dog 1 hr Old man 4
Where's Dirty? 1 hr Old man 3
does robert suck his dog? 1 hr Old man 5
little robert cried like a little abby he is 1 hr Old man 4
drug sales in Rosedale trailer park (Dec '16) 5 hr AMBER 31
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 6 hr I no everything 4,169
Big foot spotted out gate wood. 6 hr Better 7

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance