Gorgeous Hair Designs
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curioius

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jun 27, 2011
Has any one had any bad turn outs at this place? Looking for a place to go local & have heard some okay & some bad, but mostly bad...... Just want a reliable place thats not to far to drive, but does a good job. Any advice out there?
Curious

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Jun 27, 2011
- lol
good

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Jun 27, 2011
I have been there a few times and was happy. The place is clean and kept up.
Heres my opinion

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Jun 27, 2011
I would never go to Gorge-Ous Hair Designs. The owner has made a huge fuss over people parking in their enormous parking area and have had cars towed away. Stacy Rahall is just too damn uppity for my taste.
4 posts removed
FYI

Sophia, WV

#9 Jun 28, 2011
Toni at Hair-a-tage House right beside Zimm pharmacy...she is an excellent beautician. Has been in business for years and her prices are very reasonable.
1 post removed
good

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Jun 28, 2011
Try Hair by Claudia. I haven't been to her but I have seen her work and everyone loves her after they go.
local gal

Fayetteville, WV

#12 Jun 29, 2011
Heres my opinion wrote:
I would never go to Gorge-Ous Hair Designs. The owner has made a huge fuss over people parking in their enormous parking area and have had cars towed away. Stacy Rahall is just too damn uppity for my taste.
Don't know about their skills, but I can tell you that it is her property and she has the right to say who parks there. If people park on your property and get hurt there, they can sue you. And if she shares the lot, she will be taken advantage of. There will be no place for her customers, or they will assume that she is too busy and won't stop there. Fayetteville has parking problems, but when you buy a business you should have known you did or did not have a place for your patrons to park. Nuff said.
hmmmm

Beckley, WV

#13 Jun 29, 2011
FYI wrote:
Toni at Hair-a-tage House right beside Zimm pharmacy...she is an excellent beautician. Has been in business for years and her prices are very reasonable.
Every time I went there, she was busy or closed.
hmmmm

Beckley, WV

#14 Jun 29, 2011
gossip wrote:
They are the gossip queens. I understand that salons are notorious for that sort of thing, but it's almost unbearable sitting there while they trash talk people. They have no idea if I am related to or friends with who they are talking about. I won't go back to Gorgeous Hair. Calabria is the best.
I must disagree. I got my hair cut there once, and it was totally uneven, I had to go back and get it fixed. But hair dressers are human, they make mistakes. Who's perfect???
Keeley

Mount Vernon, OH

#15 Jun 29, 2011
I get my hair done there stacy is wonderful but if you go you will get one of the other people she doesnt take anyone new
Dawn

Beckley, WV

#16 Jun 29, 2011
Hair by Claudia is the best by far. And she only charges a fraction of what these other places do
3 posts removed
blue eyes

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Jul 16, 2011
I wouldn't go to the Rahall salon at all!!! I had a appoitment there at one time and I had to call and cancel cause my sister was in the ICU and had to leave town and I explained it to her,they were the rudest bitches EVER!!! They were pissed cause I had to cancel!!! I love Claudia!!! Great atmosphere!! Wonderful prices!!! Try Claudia!! You won't be disappointed!!!
agree

Oak Hill, WV

#21 Jul 17, 2011
They chopped my friends hair as well. Spent about 7 minutes on it.
3 posts removed
Joe Six Pack

Oak Hill, WV

#25 Aug 25, 2011
It sounds like this place has a terrible reputation! I sure am glad I'm a guy! If any of you ladies need a good barber, let me know.
satisfied customer

United States

#26 Sep 3, 2011
Brittney cuts and colors my hair monthly and does a wonderful job. I have several friends that go to Stacy and Michelle and they love them. I have never heard any trash talking at all while I'm there. It is always a friendly and inviting place. It is a shame when someone just doesn't want to see someone else succeed.
Sue

Oak Hill, WV

#27 Sep 3, 2011
satisfied customer wrote:
Brittney cuts and colors my hair monthly and does a wonderful job. I have several friends that go to Stacy and Michelle and they love them. I have never heard any trash talking at all while I'm there. It is always a friendly and inviting place. It is a shame when someone just doesn't want to see someone else succeed.
Sorry. It seems you are outnumbered on this one. I now go to Calibria Salon where the stylists take their time and are friendly and smiling and don't talk about people.
Another Satisfied Custome

Morgantown, WV

#28 Sep 8, 2011
Actually any Salon/Barber shop you go to...theres always gossip...Thats what they have always been known for and always will. I am sure the Calibria shop gets talk from people disliking Goregous and other places...which is what?...gossip just like in any other salon.
As for Stacy, She did an excellent job on my hair and I will go back! The other girls, I dont know them but I am sure they are doing fine or the business wouldnt still be standing.
So I doubt a little bit of online "gossip" is going to hurt the business or them.
It is a very clean place. As for parking, I dont think there was a lot of parking and If I had my own business I wouldnt want anyone parking there that was not a customer... That is every business not just at Gorgeous.
In any business you have, There will always be some that are not satisfied or had a bad experience but there will always be some that have had good experience and was very satisfied. My experience was great and I was very satisfied...Keep up the good work Gorgeous Girls!!!
2 posts removed
Fan of Calabria

Oak Hill, WV

#31 Sep 29, 2011
The girls there do an excellent job. I have been going there for years. They are very friendly and professional. They do great with cuts and coloring!
1 post removed
mari allport

United States

#33 Oct 9, 2011
My hair was all the way down to my butt, then I decided to get some color done & they absolutely fryed my hair! I had to get it cut because it was falling out!
Me too

Oak Hill, WV

#34 Oct 11, 2011
mari allport wrote:
My hair was all the way down to my butt, then I decided to get some color done & they absolutely fryed my hair! I had to get it cut because it was falling out!
Similar incident with me also, the ends of my hair literally fried & flaking & braking off! I would not take my dog their after my last experience! I wish I would have seen all this before I went! Good luck to you loyal customers because you are going to need it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have twenty dollars for someone who brings me... 6 min jessica 1
last post wins! (Jan '11) 9 min Hatti_Hollerand 1,931
Game - Keep A Word - Drop A Word (Aug '11) 16 min So_da_lish_us 5,956
Prudence car lot oak hill wv (Mar '13) 1 hr Hate Prudence 5
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Tue Dazed 4,395
Een woodson Tara kinzer and David kinzer Jan 14 Amanda mcmillion 2
Dequaise Jan 13 Hal 8

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance