Saint Albans, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

i know wrote:
The new judge his name is Donald Bishoff.
Hmmm..... So, he's taken on two counties then?(He is Nicholas County's Family Law Judge.) Is that even permitted? Considering that in Nicholas County it is a position that is voted upon by the citizens, and the running candidate must reside within the county? Hmmm......
No Prob

Hanover, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

I Can Help wrote:
You can count on he/she doing a half ass job just like the previous family court judge. SOP Fayette County justice.
Janet Steele did right by family twice. so maybe we'll get one really sucks and you can see how goes for you.
Whatever

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

No Prob wrote:
<quoted text>
Janet Steele did right by family twice. so maybe we'll get one really sucks and you can see how goes for you.
Yeah right.... I was let down for 10 years with that one.
Steele

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2011

Judged:

She was an idiot who didn't have a clue. The whole Family Court change is a good thing. Now, we need new magistrates. Everyone vote for the other guy next time please. Those people in there are arrogant. All except Garvin and he is just an appointee.
Concerned Parent

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2011

I am worried that the Governor has not appointed a new Family Court judge yet. Judge Steele retired in March and the Governor was presented with possible candidates for the job shortly after the judge retired. It has been six months and he hasn't made a decision. What's the problem? What's he waiting for? There's a website where you can tell the Governor what you think.

http://www.governor.wv.gov/Pages/SubmitaComme...
voiceofreason

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2011

Last I heard the Gov will not make an appointment but will let Judges from other districts hear the cases until the election.That seems like a long time. The comment about the magistrate being a poor candidate is of no concern because the Fam Ct Judge has to be admitted to the bar and the magistrate is not a lawyer. As for Keenan, look up State Bar v Keenan in the WV Supreme Court opinions! Bischoff is the Judge in Nicholas and may fill in but cannot serve both districts permanently.
summer rain

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

woww wrote:
What happens if he has represented the other party in the past? Isnt that conflict of interest? Would I move my trial to another county?
yes you would, raliegh county...I just had to do that with Janet steele, she was a conflict and dropped the case on her own and then we went to raliegh county
summer rain

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Jim Keenan was the Family law Master a long time ago, then he went back to being an attorney. He ran for Family Court Judge or Law Master which ever way ya want to say it, he ran for it about 4 years ago but didn't get it and he said he may run again. He has the experience, but tis true he isnt in real good heath. His brother Andy, when he was an attorney took people's money but didn't do the work, that's why he was disbarred. I'm glad he became a very good man before he died. Jim was my attorney once and it seemed as though he was only in it for the money and didn't really care if he won the case or not. His own family saids this too. Jim has gone through alot in the past few years, his brother died, his brother-in-law died and even his mother recently passed, and he himself had major surgery and was down for several months. He is looking pretty old and not too healthy. So anyway who ever the next Family Judge is I hope they do a good job.
appointed

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

CHARLESTON, W.Va.(AP)- Acting Gov. Earl Ray Tomblin has appointed Matthew Dean England as a family court judge in the 14th circuit serving Fayette County.

England is a Fayetteville resident and an assistant prosecutor in Fayette County.

He will replace the retired Janet Steele.

England is an Air Force veteran who earned his law degree from the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Va. He previously worked in law enforcement in the city of Beckley and in Raleigh County.

Tomblin said Thursday that England's legal and police background makes him a good choice to serve Fayette County as a family court judge
I Can Help

Dunbar, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

summer rain wrote:
Jim Keenan was the Family law Master a long time ago, then he went back to being an attorney. He ran for Family Court Judge or Law Master which ever way ya want to say it, he ran for it about 4 years ago but didn't get it and he said he may run again. He has the experience, but tis true he isnt in real good heath. His brother Andy, when he was an attorney took people's money but didn't do the work, that's why he was disbarred. I'm glad he became a very good man before he died. Jim was my attorney once and it seemed as though he was only in it for the money and didn't really care if he won the case or not. His own family saids this too. Jim has gone through alot in the past few years, his brother died, his brother-in-law died and even his mother recently passed, and he himself had major surgery and was down for several months. He is looking pretty old and not too healthy. So anyway who ever the next Family Judge is I hope they do a good job.
He wouldn't be in such bad health if he hadn't been chasing women so much. Just a crook and woman chaser like his disbarred brother.
honest

Milton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

i think most of these posts are comming from women that think their pu$$ is paved in gold and your shit dont stink...WRONG. it more than likely stanks the worst and if you had as many stuck out of you as been stuck in you, you'd look like a porcupine. mooched off your old man, didnt lift a finger, and screwed everyone except him, then when he kicks your country ass to the curb...you think you deserve half his shit and most of his money. then, when you dont get every little petty thing that you DONT deserve...you blame it on the judge. what a crock of bull. women fight for years for equal rights, and when you get them its "unfair". make your damn minds up....oh wait, if youd done that you wouldnt be in court now would ya.
work horse

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Matt England is being sworn in Friday as a fill-in, but there will still be an election (April I think..). Jim Keenan will be a contende in the race, but I see no reason why Matt England wouldn't be voted in. He is currently the assistant prosecuting attorney for Fayette County. He is very knowledgeable, understanding, fair, and helpful.
Kudos

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

i know wrote:
The new judge his name is Donald Bishoff.
No it's Matt England!!!!
BigBrother

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Janet Frye Steele was a freakin' joke! She's a dumb ass as well as her husband, Tom Steele, who works for the prosecutor's office. Two of the most ignorant lawyers I know! I'm not even sure Janet has a law degree.......nonetheless they are both prime examples that any dumb ass can make it thru law school......

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

It's Matthew England. He's the new famil law master
okwithme

Branchland, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

bishup is the acting law master, had court today. i felt that he was very fair and took the time to hear both sides and any disagreements that arose he split them down the middle so it would be as fair as possible for both sides. i have no complaints with him and would like to see him as the perminant law master.
former steele victim

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

a trained chimp could do a better job that waddles steele, who is so biased its not even funny. i think all that fat went to her brain,anybody that thinks u would ever got a fair shake from her , i laugh at that she was a joke. retired huh, or did she just get too huge to sit in the chair, she used to be a blimp and a stupid, corrupt one at that.
good taste

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2012

Belinda Morton is the best qualified for the Family Judge!She's the best around in Southern WV!

Since: Mar 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

native wrote:
OMG...he was one of the worst attorneys ever in Nicholas county......:(
He was a temporary judge until the new Judge was appointed and yes, he was the worse judge ever.

He should get a taste of his own sour grapes. So slick, not even I knew I was divorced until 3 months later.

Of course, my ex's lawyer and Bischoff has a little "one hand washing another" going on.

Its not how good a person is or how much you pay for a lawyer, its who HE knows.

If hes friends with the judge, you might as well just stick the money in his back pocket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Fayetteville Forum right now

Search the Fayetteville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 min George 54,434
Boss Men? (Mar '13) 1 hr look around 129
Movie and Dinner Koch Bros 2 hr gnitad 4
best football players from fhs ever (Dec '10) 19 hr Yea 64
Who should the next football coach at FHS be? 22 hr Jerry Sanduski 2
Cheryl Ward (Feb '13) 23 hr Mike 38
Gangs in WV (Nov '11) Wed Martinsburg 82
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••