the best
Speedy

Winchester, TN

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Marvins gets my vote.
Rhonda

Fayetteville, TN

#4 May 30, 2013
Marvins does alot of business but they always have the same things nearly every day! The last couple of times I ate there the chicken wasn't even cooked completely!! Had undercooked fish there too!!
now I only go to the new place called Melody's...smaller buffet but the food has more flavor and it isnt the same thing over and over! price is about the same as well and the people at melodys are great
listen_to_me

Joppa, AL

#5 May 30, 2013
Marvin's is a very busy place all the time but to me it is just a feeding trough...LOL The time I went into Melody's, the food was horrible!!! No seasoning whatsoever!!! I will NEVER be back!!!
Luv to eat

Shelbyville, TN

#6 Aug 12, 2013
listen_to_me, You need to go back. The food is good and is being seasoned now. It's new and she has had to get it all together. To say that you'll never be back is rather sad on your part. I like the people at Melody's and the food is great. Marvin's on the other hand is just a feeding trough. Talk about no seasoning! And their ice cream and desserts are great at Melody's! Also, their fish is much better than the Japanese fish at Marvin's!
Everybody deserves a 2nd chance!
fan

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2013
If you want good food in this town the only place is cahoots
Kathy

United States

#8 Aug 12, 2013
fan wrote:
If you want good food in this town the only place is cahoots
Oh please. Gag me. This town has no idea what good food is.
fan

United States

#9 Aug 13, 2013
Kathy wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Gag me. This town has no idea what good food is.
your right they dnt but cahoots is the closes in this town you will get you probably ust to work there and got the boot that way you saying stupid things
listen_to_me

Joppa, AL

#10 Aug 14, 2013
I may give Melody's a second chance "Luv to eat" but first impression wasn't very good.
Sammich

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 15, 2013
fan wrote:
<quoted text>your right they dnt but cahoots is the closes in this town you will get you probably ust to work there and got the boot that way you saying stupid things
Cahoots is barely a notch above Mcdonalds
girl

United States

#12 Aug 16, 2013
Sammich wrote:
<quoted text>
Cahoots is barely a notch above Mcdonalds
please. coffee shop was the best now they are gone cahoots is next in line I'm talking fresh food not crap that's frozen or been sitting all day
Interesting

United States

#13 Aug 17, 2013
Im not picky, I just like good food in a nice place. With that being said, any resturant in this town that has a buffet is a feeding trough...It is beyond disgusting to walk into a resturant and see people setting at a table and they have plates of chicken and fish bones piled up on the table, I understand that buffets are a good sorce of incomes for resturant owners, and a advantage to customers that just want a good quick meal. But you got these people that park there asses at a table and then proceed to eat for 10, they have no manners what so ever and its just plain nasty.
The new Sams is not bad, service is SLOW but what I have had is always good . Castaways food is good, Service is very slow and prices are high. OKRA food is GREAT, prices are high and I just dont like the seating , but the food is AMAZING. Cahoots food use to be great, but not so much anymore , its really went downhill in the last few years.
I would have to say the best resturant in Fayetteville is EDZ WINGs, now dont be in a hurry when you go there its a small place, one cook, one grill , the building is old but fixed up cute and the FOOD IS Very GOOD, everyone is fun, friendly and prices are not horrible and they have the best CB ever.
Heidi

Oelwein, IA

#14 Aug 17, 2013
Interesting wrote:
Im not picky, I just like good food in a nice place. With that being said, any resturant in this town that has a buffet is a feeding trough...It is beyond disgusting to walk into a resturant and see people setting at a table and they have plates of chicken and fish bones piled up on the table, I understand that buffets are a good sorce of incomes for resturant owners, and a advantage to customers that just want a good quick meal. But you got these people that park there asses at a table and then proceed to eat for 10, they have no manners what so ever and its just plain nasty.
The new Sams is not bad, service is SLOW but what I have had is always good . Castaways food is good, Service is very slow and prices are high. OKRA food is GREAT, prices are high and I just dont like the seating , but the food is AMAZING. Cahoots food use to be great, but not so much anymore , its really went downhill in the last few years.
I would have to say the best resturant in Fayetteville is EDZ WINGs, now dont be in a hurry when you go there its a small place, one cook, one grill , the building is old but fixed up cute and the FOOD IS Very GOOD, everyone is fun, friendly and prices are not horrible and they have the best CB ever.
I totally agree about castaways prices being too high. My husband and I would eat there once or twice a week if prices were reasonable but we hardly ever eat there bc they're so high. I know it's not primarily a steak house but when you can't get a steak under 15 dollars that's going to be a problem for business in fayetteville. Cahoots is high too for what you get. And have you ever noticed that you can go in there one week and get something and go in there 2 weeks later and get same thing and the price will be completely different. Watch the lady adding up the checks!
Casting away business

Nashville, TN

#15 Aug 17, 2013
Heidi wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree about castaways prices being too high. My husband and I would eat there once or twice a week if prices were reasonable but we hardly ever eat there bc they're so high. I know it's not primarily a steak house but when you can't get a steak under 15 dollars that's going to be a problem for business in fayetteville. Cahoots is high too for what you get. And have you ever noticed that you can go in there one week and get something and go in there 2 weeks later and get same thing and the price will be completely different. Watch the lady adding up the checks!
The whole town of Fayetteville says the same thing about Castaways but the prices remain. does the owner just not know or is he too stubborn. Do the math. Let's say he makes 10.00 profit on a couple dining there and serves 10 couples a night, that's 100.00. Now if he lowers his prices and makes only 7.00 profit but now serves 20 couples a night, 140.00 a night. To mean it seems simple. Maybe no one has ever told him, your food and atmosphere are very good, your prices keep people away. This town is wide open for a good restaurant, take the opportunity.
listen_to_me

Joppa, AL

#16 Aug 20, 2013
Well...I gave Melody's another try and then they CLOSED the next day....so I think I was right on my first impression.
hot

Henderson, TN

#17 Aug 24, 2013
Castaways needs to turn on some air! Miserable!
riblover

Huntsville, AL

#18 Dec 21, 2014
Marvin's buffet is the best around. Try them on ib nite. It can't be bea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
franke mfg. (May '11) Aug 19 usder2 89
edz wings fayetteville pro shop Aug 17 john 3
jacob Davis (Sep '09) Jul 25 Jltuck 220
Waitress at the Chinese restaurant (Dec '16) Jul 25 guest 15
Coffee Shop (Jul '12) Jun '17 sissy 166
Heaven Leigh May '17 Mister 1
Dalton's fitness (Jan '16) May '17 healthy 15

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance