Lincoln County elected officials

Lincoln County elected officials

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
HaHa

United States

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Gwen Shelton is running for alderman. Do I remember correctly that she resigned as Fayetteville mayor and then sued the county? Is this someone who has our best interest at heart? We must change things in this county people!!!
A Fan

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Gwen busted her butt for the county and I will vote for her again
NOT a fan

Mcminnville, TN

#3 Oct 10, 2012
She did sue and took $150,000 of the taxpayers' hard earned money. Gwen only "busts her butt" for Gwen!
city taxpayer

Wartburg, TN

#4 Oct 10, 2012
HaHa wrote:
Gwen Shelton is running for alderman. Do I remember correctly that she resigned as Fayetteville mayor and then sued the county? Is this someone who has our best interest at heart? We must change things in this county people!!!
HAHA you are so wrong with your information ........Again, someone who hates Gwen Shelton and is starting lies.....Here are the FACTS, she did not resign her position as Mayor and I called the City office do get the real facts. Also, she did not sue the city/county/IDB for this money. Her employment contract was breech and the IDB was advised to pay. Because they were wrong!!!!!! Once again misinformation on this forum.
Little guy

Wartburg, TN

#5 Oct 10, 2012
NOT a fan wrote:
She did sue and took $150,000 of the taxpayers' hard earned money. Gwen only "busts her butt" for Gwen!
The Only truth about what you wrote is that you dislike Gwen Shelton. Because the other Crap you said is lies and just wrong. Get informed with the facts not your opinions!!!!!
HeeHee

Antioch, TN

#6 Oct 10, 2012
Plus Gwen is a serious hottie!
The Wind

Fayetteville, TN

#7 Oct 11, 2012
She is much a trouble maker.
Her hee

Fayetteville, TN

#8 Oct 11, 2012
Why do you say that
Bridge Trolls

Arrington, TN

#9 Oct 11, 2012
Ah...the trolls come out of the woodwork when an outsider steps up to challenge the good ole boys! Get em Gwen!
Retired army

Columbia, SC

#10 Oct 11, 2012
The Wind wrote:
She is much a trouble maker.
Your comment tells me that you have never held a leadership role because if you had you would understand why some do not like her. She can make a decision in front of the camera. I will vote for her.
really

United States

#11 Oct 12, 2012
city taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>HAHA you are so wrong with your information ........Again, someone who hates Gwen Shelton and is starting lies.....Here are the FACTS, she did not resign her position as Mayor and I called the City office do get the real facts. Also, she did not sue the city/county/IDB for this money. Her employment contract was breech and the IDB was advised to pay. Because they were wrong!!!!!! Once again misinformation on this forum.
She resigned her position as a city official to be on the IDB.
new voter

Fayetteville, TN

#12 Oct 12, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
She resigned her position as a city official to be on the IDB.
Please try to give the real facts on this forum some of us are new voters. It was suggested that I call the city office to speak with Mr. Lee and to get the facts about Mrs. Shelton so I did. Mr. Lee said she did finished her term. So why lie, when you can call the city office for the real truth?
County taxpayer

Clover, SC

#13 Oct 13, 2012
Here are some facts, Action Lincoln invited the aldermen candidates to meet a few weeks ago and gave money to some of them I understand it was $1000.00 or more . Guess what. Gwen Shelton was not offer the money but all the others were and they took the money. So I guess status quo has pick their aldermen. $1000.00 buys a lot of votes.
well well

United States

#14 Oct 13, 2012
so what happened to the $150,000?
County taxpayer

Bradenton, FL

#16 Oct 13, 2012
well well wrote:
so what happened to the $150,000?
One has nothing to do with other!
Haha

United States

#17 Oct 14, 2012
I mean seriously, you only have to know there is suspicion to choose someone else..just sayin.
HeeHee

Antioch, TN

#18 Oct 14, 2012
Why do you hate Gwen so much? You know you have your facts all mixed up right? So it has to be personal, did she do something to you?
well well

United States

#19 Oct 14, 2012
she received $150,000 of the taxpayer's money
County taxpayer

United States

#20 Oct 15, 2012
well well wrote:
she received $150,000 of the taxpayer's money
Because she understands what a legal employment contract means and she held the IDB to it. Hey if IDB was doing normal business why call her in at 10pm to let her go and remember her mother had just bury two days before . This was personal. Maybe it was IDB who you should be pissed off at, not her.
Not Again

Tullahoma, TN

#21 Oct 16, 2012
I know for a fact, because the video still exists, of a mayor/alderman meeting televised on the local cable, in which she is plainly heard on microphone telling Stewart and Small how to vote on a particular issue that was at hand and not only how to vote but in a very condescending way! Her arrogance is overwhelming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
franke mfg. (May '11) Sun I agree 77
Searching for childhood friend Jun 23 Wonderwoman14 1
the bottom (Jul '14) Jun 10 Stayathomemommy82 30
around Jun 10 n00b 1
Fayetteville drivers (Dec '15) May '16 ThomasA 3
Karry nesselrodt May '16 b rod 7
Does anyone remember Ready's Bakery? May '16 Breadlover 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages