Fayetteville Teen Dies in Weekend Wreck

Full story: WHNT News 19

A 16 year old Lincoln County High School student was killed in a weekend wreck. Abigail Marie Grimes died after her car ran off Smith Mill Road around 5:30 Saturday evening.
Comments
1 - 20 of 52 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 10

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

Our prayers are with the family during this difficult and tragic time.
tobacco spittin yahoo

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2010

Judged:

God bless this family and my sincerest condolences. She was a beautiful young lady.
Deja Vu

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Low driving standards and a low driving age make this type of one-vehicle accident all too frequent amongst teenagers. Of course, people will claim this as insensitive, and when the next teenager dies, they'll be asking for prayers again. It would be better for teenagers if they were at least taught to drive properly.
Hameed Ishtak

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Deja Vu wrote:
Low driving standards and a low driving age make this type of one-vehicle accident all too frequent amongst teenagers. Of course, people will claim this as insensitive, and when the next teenager dies, they'll be asking for prayers again. It would be better for teenagers if they were at least taught to drive properly.
Yeah, and third world death trap Lincoln County "roads" like Smith Mill don't help either.
A LCHS Student

Tullahoma, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Yeah. Well if you've been down that road you would know how many wrecks have happened. It wasn't her fault. That's why it's called an "accident". RIP Abby<3
Judy from Madison

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

My heart and prayers are with you. I lost a 14 year old son several years ago. God was my strength and my shield and the only reason I am still here today. I pray you find His perfect peace in the midst of your struggles. I can only tell you - this will never leave, but it will get better with time. Joy comes in the morning.
UAH

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

My prayers go out to her family and to her also. No use trying to blame anyone or anything. She must have been a really good person for God to call her home so early.
nikky proske

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

abby was a good person and someone who would always listen to what you had to say. i knew her and her older sister at lchs. i had classes with both of them. when i heard that abby was killed, i couldn't believe it. she was also a great friend.
Misz Laydii J

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

God Bless this Family and God Rest Abigail. I did not know her but i have lost many friends this way and the pain never goes away you just learn to acceot it and see that she is in Gods hands now and is looking down on the family hoping they will go on without her and keep her legacy alive. GOD BLESS EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THIS LOSS!
manda

Smyrna, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

i grew up with this girl and im still in shock.
its not often that we lose someone so close to us..
she will never be forgotten and my prayers are with the Grimes family
Cody Gray

Shreveport, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Wow! I can't believe that your really gone! It's seems just like the other day, I seen your sweet warm face amd wonderful smile looking at me! When I heard about your wreck I COULD'NT even thank that such a sweet loving girl like you would have been involved! It's going to be hard for your family and friends to get passed this, but don't you worry Ms. Abby Grimes there GOINE to get through it! I wish this DIDN'T happen to you, but in that case no one of the LCHS (Lincoln County High School) student body. But, I guess the Lord has BIGGER plans for you in heaven! I'm going to miss you soooo much Abby!! I love you! And I will keep your family in my prayers! RIP: Abby ! You will be missed!
Jasmine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Deja Vu wrote:
I did not know Abby but alot of my friends didand I dont think you picked a good time to be saying stuff like this.If you get a facebook you can talk about teen driving on there.
But I have a feeling that my friends and her family do not want to hear about this in this hard time.
And your right when someone els is lost in a wreck rather it be friends,family strangers or fos theyll be asking for prayers NOT a smart comment on teen driving.Because if I lost someone in a car wreck i would not want to hear about how teens are bad drivers.And you must have forgot that adults wreck too!
One of her teachers

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Abby was a sweet, precious, bright, loving young lady. I have so many wonderful memories of her, and I will never forget her sweet smiles, her hugs, and her feisty personality. She will be greatly missed! I can only imagine her family's grief and pain. My prayers are with them.
sonya

Trenton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

my prayesrs go out tothe family of abby i am so sorry to hear that she was so young.
another teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Abby was a special girl. She made each day brighter by her smile and her attitude. We will miss her! My prayers go out to her family.
Tracy

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Deja Vu wrote:
From August to May I drive this road taking my kids to school and to say it was improper driving is very iggnorant on your part! Drive this road, ONCE, then talk to me! I suggest taking your preaching and am it towards our County and NOT at the young people driving... for all we know a deer initially caused this accident. The last thing this family or friends need is someone being critical of a child that WAS taught right...
Tammy Knisley

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

We were very sad to hear of Abby's death. Jade knew her and my other daughter, Brittany, knew her older sister. Our prayers are with the family and friends. May God grant you the strength to make it through this terrible time and the peace you all need to continue on.
mark

Huntsville, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Slow down! Her car rolled a cpl of times the articles says.

Since: Mar 10

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Deja Vu

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

Judged:

Tracy wrote:
<quoted text>
From August to May I drive this road taking my kids to school and to say it was improper driving is very iggnorant on your part! Drive this road, ONCE, then talk to me! I suggest taking your preaching and am it towards our County and NOT at the young people driving... for all we know a deer initially caused this accident. The last thing this family or friends need is someone being critical of a child that WAS taught right...
If you're going to say others are "iggnorant," you must learn to spell it first.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fayetteville Discussions

Search the Fayetteville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 11 min thoughtful 9,246
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 48 min BAS 144,452
Floyd's 18 hr wondering 61
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr doe resident 8,608
Who is Lincoln County Watch Dog On FaceBook? (Jan '12) Mon TN Vol 22
Businesses and Restaurants You"d Like to See Mon Ulysses 8
Stay away from Lewisburg (Jan '06) Aug 13 wjjm 13,159
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000