Fayetteville Tennessee Police Department
Fayetteville Roots2

Huntsville, AL

#41 Aug 31, 2009
First part of post from above, sorry for the chronological error.

I am very intrigued to find this kind of discussion about Fayetteville on the web. I lived my entire life in Lincoln Co. until 2002 when I bought a home in the edge of Franklin County; however, I still own property in Lincoln Co. I want to attempt to give the most fair opinion that I can of Fayetteville/Lincoln County. I will have to say that it will always be home to me.
To start with, as much as Fayetteville strives to be, it will NEVER be Lincoln County as a whole. Sure, it is the county seat and most "real" county business is conducted there. As you remove yourself from Fayetteville into the more rural outlying areas of Lincoln County, such as Petersburg, Flintville, Elora, Blanche, etc... you will see that there are so many good people in the county that are totally not representative of the bad that is written about in this public forum. It is ashamed that corruption, beauracracy, and "the clique" serve to define the County.
I want to commend Sherrif Murray Blackwelder for his caring attitude and willingness to take action. Being a native, I totally feel that his dedication and desire to do a good job, by far exceeds any that the county has ever seen. Remember, he is one man and is not the "all powerful" that many may perceive. I too as some before have written have witnessed the goods and bads of the judicial system. I have always had a desire to comply with rules and regulations, and have never been treated unfairly by the legal system, but must say that I have some experience with the local lawyers and "the clique". A simple uncontested divorce with a price tag in excess of $3500 due to the greed of one of Fayetteville's "finest" attorneys definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Upon review the documentation was a form letter with the last people's names still left in it. No need to call a name. 90% here could guess.
Fayetteville Roots2

Huntsville, AL

#42 Aug 31, 2009
(will follow with the rest of my post after someone replies or posts, It must not allow back to back posts from the same IP addy)

I am very intrigued to find this kind of discussion about Fayetteville on the web. I lived my entire life in Lincoln Co. until 2002 when I bought a home in the edge of Franklin County; however, I still own property in Lincoln Co. I want to attempt to give the most fair opinion that I can of Fayetteville/Lincoln County. I will have to say that it will always be home to me.
To start with, as much as Fayetteville strives to be, it will NEVER be Lincoln County as a whole. Sure, it is the county seat and most "real" county business is conducted there. As you remove yourself from Fayetteville into the more rural outlying areas of Lincoln County, such as Petersburg, Flintville, Elora, Blanche, etc... you will see that there are so many good people in the county that are totally not representative of the bad that is written about in this public forum. It is ashamed that corruption, beauracracy, and "the clique" serve to define the County.
I want to commend Sherrif Murray Blackwelder for his caring attitude and willingness to take action. Being a native, I totally feel that his dedication and desire to do a good job, by far exceeds any that the county has ever seen. Remember, he is one man and is not the "all powerful" that many may perceive. I too as some before have written have witnessed the goods and bads of the judicial system. I have always had a desire to comply with rules and regulations, and have never been treated unfairly by the legal system, but must say that I have some experience with the local lawyers and "the clique". A simple uncontested divorce with a price tag in excess of $3500 due to the greed of one of Fayetteville's "finest" attorneys definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. Upon review the documentation was a form letter with the last people's names still left in it. No need to call a name. 90% here could guess.
jryan

United States

#43 Sep 2, 2009
towncrier wrote:
Warning! Stay away from Fayetteville,TN if you have a son or daughter who is mentally and physically disabled. I'm told that the City of
Fayetteville Police routinely arrest people with these disabilities and are despately in need of training in how to handle people who are mentally and physically disabled.
Newsflash...most people including the cops are mentally or physically disabled in "Fedvull". I mean come on...if you can't even pronounce the town you lived in all your life correctly something is wrong.
Just Me

Fayetteville, TN

#44 Sep 28, 2009
Mickey Hudson Young wrote:
Wow, I'm shocked to read all these comments. My life's dream has been to move to Petersburg, TN where my grandparents Edd and Elizabeth Hudson and my uncle and aunt Willie and Jane Hudson lived their entire lives. I used to visit from Ohio during the summers while in school. Have things changed this much? I hope not. It's still my goal to move there. By the way, I am trying to find out who owns the property at 36 Willie Hudson Road in Petersburg, TN. I believe it is for sell but cannot find out who owns it. I'd appreciate any information anyone can provide to me or if someone can tell me who I should contact to find out this information. Thanks.
The property is owned by COFFIN NANCY HUDSON per TN Property Data. http://www.assessment.state.tn.us/ParcelList....
educationisimpor tant

Loretto, TN

#45 Oct 26, 2009
towncrier wrote:
Warning! Stay away from Fayetteville,TN if you have a son or daughter who is mentally and physically disabled. I'm told that the City of
Fayetteville Police routinely arrest people with these disabilities and are despately in need of training in how to handle people who are mentally and physically disabled.
Almost everybody educated here is mentally challenged. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference!
educationisimpor tant

Loretto, TN

#46 Oct 26, 2009
jryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Newsflash...most people including the cops are mentally or physically disabled in "Fedvull". I mean come on...if you can't even pronounce the town you lived in all your life correctly something is wrong.
OMG! Especially if they were educated in Tn. And for self proclaimed "Christians" they are the most NON Christian group I have ever met! We call T.H.E. Short for "the hillbilly element"
educationisimpor tant

Loretto, TN

#47 Oct 26, 2009
jryan wrote:
<quoted text>
Petersberg doesn't seem to be as bad... So far!
Former Yankee

United States

#48 Nov 25, 2009
Everyone is complaining about how bad Fayetteville is. Wake up people, Its like this everywere! I have lived in several states and if your on the good side of everything its great! If your not it seems to be everyones fault but your own. Now, about the men not paying attention to wedding bands, your right they dont. Where do they?! Men, and yes alot of women are slime. Look at todays society no one cares about values and whats right, everyone just wants a peice! You talk about Fayetteville look at your neiboring town Shelbyville. The Walking Horse community prides themselves in swaping partners every year at the Celebration! Just please keep and open mind when living anywhere, no ones and nothing is perfect. As long as your doing right dont complain about everyone else, no one wants to hear it.
michael underwood

United States

#49 Dec 8, 2009
i am also from west virginia and i feel the same way you do lincoln countians wouldn't make it one week in west virginia they would end up dead in a gutter somewhere.
TNzoot wrote:
New commers to Lincoln Co. need to know that you will not be considered above a worm unless you have more money than God! We have been here 11 1/2 years and still cannot get things done from local businesses. Contractors will say they will do the work but never call back or show up. The car dealerships think every thing they have is worth more than it would cost in Nashville, and thats just a few examples. One of the worse businesses is Johnny Church Auto Sales. We bought one of the sheds he sells, paid cash, it was placed wrong and he has yet to see that it is moved to where it needs to be after over 2 months. I even offered to pay to have it moved. He has gotten so rude that I will not talk to him anymore, and had two young men with a rope and a truck take 10 min. to move the building.
We had only been here 3 weeks when we were told by a local minister, that if we did not join a church we would not fit in. We did join a church because thats how we live anyway and we still do not fit in. We have lived in West Virginia and it is not as clanish as this place. Lincoln Co. needs to grow up!
michael underwood

United States

#50 Dec 8, 2009
and don't even get me started on the pigs around here because you would never get me to shut up,they have and do more drugs than the dealers have believe me i know.
michael underwood

United States

#51 Dec 8, 2009
The cops around here couldn't catch a f-----g cold,and couldn't find their ass with both hands
michael underwood

United States

#52 Dec 8, 2009
I wouldn't piss on fayetteville if it was on fire!!!!!!!!!!
TNzoot

United States

#53 Dec 9, 2009
Michael Underwood we need to get in touch. My husband is from WV. We were just up there in Oct.
Common Sense Please

Fayetteville, TN

#54 Apr 8, 2010
TNzoot wrote:
Well here we go again people! How many people go to the Lincoln theather often enough to know it has an upstairs? Nothing in their ads say they have an up stairs, nothing on the marquee says a movie is showing up stairs. Senior Citizens seldom get out late enough to go see a movie at 7p.m. so most of us had no idea there would be two flights of steep concrete steps to climb. Needless to say people in wheel chairs on canes or cruthches, or just not able to climb those steps are not welcome at that theather. I told the owner that he was required by law to make that move accessable to people with disabilities and he and the snid little bitch working for him stood there and laughed. He said the building was built before that law and he was grandfathered in. How stupid is that. Many public places were built before the Citizens with Disibilities Act came about but they had to make themselves available to everyone. I have been to places a lot smaller than Fayetteville and never had to leave anywhere because of my disability. Most public buinesses know a disabled persons money spend just as well as the able bodied and have no problem making their places available in all areas. Not only the lack of understand but the way I was treated has really gotten my dander up on this subject and Lincoln theather has not heard the last of this.
All towns have their problems, but in a small town things seem magnified. I have always been treated fairly, and my family name was nothing special. Your comments about the theatre are a little misguided. I am sure if the stairs are not manageable for you that would be frustrating, but the idea that they could retrofit them to make them handicap accessible is ridiculous. The allure of the Lincoln Twin is the nostalgic feel, and the money it would take to make those stairs would never be recouped in "handicap ticket" sales. Small business owners put up with enough crap from local, state, and federal governments, and I am sure listening to your demands to remodel the theatre so you can go to the mysterious second floor. You sound like a looter or moocher to me. You are the reason Atlas Shrugged.
TN Zoot

United States

#55 Apr 10, 2010
Oh my! I pushed someones buttons! Get over it, The lawe is the law no matter if its Nashville or
Fayetteville. I was a small businee owner in Nashville and had to comply with the law, it cost me plenty in money and time but I did it anyway! Cool yourself Its not going to happen anyway, no matter how many handicapped people are denyed access. To many local politicans are in to many others pocket for enything to improve in Fayetteville. No matter how I complain or what I conplain about I live in Lincoln county and pay taxes here so have a right to vent when I feel like
it. Just like you do! Thanks for the imput to my last post.
Maxine Fisher

Florence, AL

#56 Apr 14, 2010
I got on here to find out the speed limit on the unposted roads. Is it 55 as one person posted? I'm glad I got to read these notes. I've been here a couple of years (from Indiana) and I must say I don't have a close friend yet. I really want one. I've joined a Fayetteville church and we have friends there, I suppose, but no one I'm close to. I hope that happens even though I'm not a "good ole boy."
TN Zoot

United States

#57 Apr 15, 2010
HI Hope you can find friends in Fayetteville. You can always email me if you'd like. 55 is the speed limet on 110, with lower postings for the curving. Have you ever driven out 110 to Ardmore?
Most people call it the never ending road. Hahaha!
Maxine Fisher

Florence, AL

#58 Apr 15, 2010
I think I have driven out 110 - at least I took the Ardmore Road one day. We ate out there at Whitt's, although there is one in Fayetteville. We were just looking around and checking out the area. Where is Spring Hill?
TN Zoot

United States

#59 Apr 15, 2010
Well Gee you have me there! I'm not sure, I'll check into it. We live on Ardmore Hwy, or as some call it 110. We are closer to Ardmore than Fayetteville. Have you eaten at the Green Tomato in Ardmore their lunch and dinners are very good.
We have been here over 13 years and still don't know all the small places around.
Maxine Fisher

Florence, AL

#60 Apr 19, 2010
No, I haven't heard of the Green Tomato. We'll have to check that out some time.
TN Zoot wrote:
Well Gee you have me there! I'm not sure, I'll check into it. We live on Ardmore Hwy, or as some call it 110. We are closer to Ardmore than Fayetteville. Have you eaten at the Green Tomato in Ardmore their lunch and dinners are very good.
We have been here over 13 years and still don't know all the small places around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting in Fuss Hollow Aug 26 jayjay 2
Please help (Aug '14) Aug 23 OKStupid 6
Petersburgs Finest (Aug '14) Aug 21 Jimmy 29
Joey Sykes Aug 19 Concerned 1
Bigham homes???? Anyone else fed up with them??? (Feb '14) Aug 18 Bighamfan 15
No new buisness what a joke Aug 18 Whatajoke 1
City Schools considering running buses in the C... Aug 10 BuffetVille USA 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages