Fayetteville Tennessee Police Department

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
towncrier

New Orleans, LA

#1 May 2, 2008
Warning! Stay away from Fayetteville,TN if you have a son or daughter who is mentally and physically disabled. I'm told that the City of
Fayetteville Police routinely arrest people with these disabilities and are despately in need of training in how to handle people who are mentally and physically disabled.
Lisa Greenwood

Eagleville, TN

#2 May 20, 2008
I was shocked to find out that all un-posted county roads are 55 mph, It doesn't matter how long the road is, if it's paved or not, how many curves, hidden drives or blind spots or the real kicker through a subdivision! My subdivision has been here for 40 years and we don't have one sign. I want Lincoln County Tn. to change the Law to 35 mph on all un-posted roads. Since the County says it can't afford to buy any signs. The County Commissioners have a allowed soo many subdivisions to be built, that a large portion of the county is now one big neighborhood. Not one sidewalk, poor lighting, no lines on the roads and few curve signs. You cannot drive 55 mph on 431/231 through Park City (45Mph) and that a well lit, well maintained, 4 lane state road also it's straight. I need help getting the people of this community behind me.

“Don't use God's word to hate”

Since: Dec 06

Merritt Island, Fl

#3 May 22, 2008
Lisa Greenwood wrote:
I was shocked to find out that all un-posted county roads are 55 mph, It doesn't matter how long the road is, if it's paved or not, how many curves, hidden drives or blind spots or the real kicker through a subdivision! My subdivision has been here for 40 years and we don't have one sign. I want Lincoln County Tn. to change the Law to 35 mph on all un-posted roads. Since the County says it can't afford to buy any signs. The County Commissioners have a allowed soo many subdivisions to be built, that a large portion of the county is now one big neighborhood. Not one sidewalk, poor lighting, no lines on the roads and few curve signs. You cannot drive 55 mph on 431/231 through Park City (45Mph) and that a well lit, well maintained, 4 lane state road also it's straight. I need help getting the people of this community behind me.
This county is not exactly concerned with anything that may benefit the people. The school system is atrocious, spilling out one illiterate generation after another. If it does not benefit anyone in the "good ole boy" system, it will not happen. Lowes bought land here and was denied a permit because Pendergrass and Fayetteville Lumber is on the board, While allowing a Lowes or Home depot would so greatly help the everyday Fayetteville citizen, it would not perpetuate the immense wealth of these two owners. Good luck in fighting city hall, but if one of the very wealthy leaders and deciders don't live in your area, you can forget it. It won't happen. But they will gladly tax even your groceries at 8 to 11%. This is the first place I've ever been that taxed food.
Rocketlamb

Huntsville, AL

#4 Jun 19, 2008
Lincoln County has some really great people but the local good ole boys don't want to see any new small businesses. The tax assessor won't answer questions and as a small business owner I couldn't get my tax questions answered. They charged me taxes on a business I closed 2 years ago. Why did I close it? I live 50 yards from a major highway and can't get high speed internet unless I get satelite. Tried it and after 4 missed appointments for install , gave up.
TNzoot

United States

#5 Jul 5, 2008
New commers to Lincoln Co. need to know that you will not be considered above a worm unless you have more money than God! We have been here 11 1/2 years and still cannot get things done from local businesses. Contractors will say they will do the work but never call back or show up. The car dealerships think every thing they have is worth more than it would cost in Nashville, and thats just a few examples. One of the worse businesses is Johnny Church Auto Sales. We bought one of the sheds he sells, paid cash, it was placed wrong and he has yet to see that it is moved to where it needs to be after over 2 months. I even offered to pay to have it moved. He has gotten so rude that I will not talk to him anymore, and had two young men with a rope and a truck take 10 min. to move the building.
We had only been here 3 weeks when we were told by a local minister, that if we did not join a church we would not fit in. We did join a church because thats how we live anyway and we still do not fit in. We have lived in West Virginia and it is not as clanish as this place. Lincoln Co. needs to grow up!
LinCo_resident

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jul 20, 2008
TNzoot wrote:
Contractors will say they will do the work but never call back or show up.
That is true! We called several contractors to have a deck built and nobody would even come out and give us an estimate. I guess we didn't have the right last name or they thought we didn't live in the right neighborhood!??
lincoln county resident

AOL

#7 Aug 18, 2008
somthing to add about the misstreatment of handicapped and disabled adults being arrested and mistreated in lincoln county by the law enforcement people i was mistreated by them several yrs ago im epileptic had a sezure at the jail i was picked up off the floor and dropped back on to it by the ambulance people one real smart ass joey posey as i later found out his name and this abuse was allowed at the jail i was taken there for a traffic violation my back was injured in the drop back to the floor i contacted a lawer to bring charges against them for there abise but was told since it was not a permant injury i could not sue them and all of this as left me with a bad taste for the ambulance people as well as the law enforcement people alls they are a bunch of legalized crooks if you ask me.
lincoln county resident

AOL

#8 Aug 18, 2008
i have more to add to the comment i made before im the epileptic with a still hurting back i was also kept overnite there and taken in shackles to the jail and would also like to tell you i have a bone and muscle dieses that is very obvious as you watch me walk i asked them could they not put them on me as i could not walk right as it is and not a flight risk as its impossable for me to run when i cant hardly walk well leaving the court house still in shackles i fell skinned both my knees and hands as i hit the sidewalk coming out court house door and the jailer wouldnt even help me up from the ground i would like to add im 48 and a female all of this for a broken headlite and somthinng wrong with my liscence and up till this i had a perfect driving record and up untill this happened i also had respect for the law now they have pretty lost my respect for them
Lincoln County native

Fayetteville, TN

#9 Aug 25, 2008
Everybody has negative words for Fayetteville. I have lived here 59 of my 60 years and our click of aldermen and county representatives aren't willing to open Lincoln County up to any progress. All Fayetteville is about is Falcon Football and Host of Christmas Past. The Host of Christmas Past is the same old crap every year. People from out of town that come have commented that it's the same thing every year. As a child and even into my lower adult years, Fayetteville had a fantastic 4th of July celebration. Are we not proud of our Independence Day? Once again, I say that it's all about the two above mentioned events. Everything in this town and county is settled by about 7 men who are related to some of our founding fathers. There's nowhere to work and our children are leaving us. What happened to the person that was going to recruit businesses into our county? There are some good people in our town and county. I just wish they would wake up and realize what's happening here. It's really a sad situation.
Fayetteville

Manchester, TN

#10 Oct 7, 2008
I have lived here 10 years and pretty much everything said about Fayetteville is true and its sad. Fayetteville is a beautiful town and a handfull of people who continue to run this town are destroying it in the long run. The only way things are going to change is to get these people out of the office they hold and that is going to take people standing up to them . In the same breath there are also some very good people in this town that are trying to change things but can not do it alone. The sheriff and police dept have some major corruption issue's. The highschool will pass kids along as long as they can win a football game on friday night , to hell what happenes to those kids once they leave Fayetteville highschool and have to make it in the real world. We have two decent resturants Cahoots and Cattlemans but unless you live at the CC good luck on getting service at Cattlemans . With all this said I continue to live here cause I do love this little town and I continue to hope and fight for change and yes once day it will come and then maybe our children will not leave but choose to stay here because it has became not only a Beautiful town but a really great place to live and raise there own children
fayetteville tn

United States

#11 Oct 26, 2008
I am so glad I don't live in Fayetteville anymore.The people are so unhappy because they try to out do each other.They do stick together,as the other poster said.God forbid you have a child abused there and they let the molester go free.
Fayetteville TN for now

Fayetteville, TN

#12 Oct 27, 2008
I cannot believe I came across this site & actually hearing comments on the exact things that I feel as well. I moved here 13 years ago & yes because I am a transplant - not related to the right ppl & dont have money I cannot get anything done. I do have children & loath the school system here & you are so correct about letting a child get abused & just letting perpetrators go & yet the police ? the innocent child & pick on them like crazy for little things like "i think your windows are too dark". Bet that wouldn't happen if the child had the right last name! It could be great here because its between Huntsville & Nashville, but by george if you are not from here then forget it.... I cant wait to get my home life situated and then get the hell out of here........
Joe Posey

Oakland, CA

#13 Nov 17, 2008
lincoln county resident wrote:
somthing to add about the misstreatment of handicapped and disabled adults being arrested and mistreated in lincoln county by the law enforcement people i was mistreated by them several yrs ago im epileptic had a sezure at the jail i was picked up off the floor and dropped back on to it by the ambulance people one real smart ass joey posey as i later found out his name and this abuse was allowed at the jail i was taken there for a traffic violation my back was injured in the drop back to the floor i contacted a lawer to bring charges against them for there abise but was told since it was not a permant injury i could not sue them and all of this as left me with a bad taste for the ambulance people as well as the law enforcement people alls they are a bunch of legalized crooks if you ask me.
Can you tell me when this was and who told you it was me???? I have never been to the jail to pick up anyone having a seizure and I have NEVER in my career dropped anyone to the floor. I have not worked at the ambulance service full time for a while now and I only work every once in a great while and would remember anyone at the jail requesting an ambulance. So before you slander my name get your facts straight. If you are being honest about everything why did you not post your name??? And you would not have went to jail for a headlight out unless you were DUI or you had warrants. I have never mistreated any patients in my life time. Thank you.
Mr B

Lincoln, IL

#14 Nov 20, 2008
First off anyone with a beautiful wife moving to this rat hole BEWARE!! The men in this town don't take hints very well like wedding bands! Second if your not born here or have money coming out of your ears your simply wasting your time. This town is NOT friendly in anyway shape way or form! And the judicial system needs to be evaluated by the federal dept. what kind of back woods town is this? The one at the top of the list? The police are crooked, the people are not friendly and, I'm sure if someone did a little digging they'd find out there's more crooks with badges than there are inmates in the local jail.
Rebelle

Columbia, TN

#15 Nov 23, 2008
I disagree! The police here are very serious about the speed limit, but if you don't speed it's not an issue. I have found the officers here to be very polite and reasonable. I actually just went to court for a traffic ticket, my fault, I could not find my proof of insurance when I was pulled over. The judge let me off with a $75.00 fine, paid to Juniors House, a children's charity, and it was not applied to my record, so my insurance rates will not be affected. This was not just me, but almost everyone who showed up for court was given the same opportunity as long as they had insurance upon coming to court.
Now, most of the court house employees are unintelligent nasty jerks,however the law enforcement have given me no reason to feel ill-will towards them.
But then I am a law abiding citizen, except for speeding occasionally. It's hard to determine if the people here are actually not smart, or just don't want to be bothered.
Ki Robinson

AOL

#16 Dec 1, 2008
I think the police here are great.I am broke poor and was not born here, and people treat me better
here than I was treated in the citys around this area...And I even got long hair!(Surf/biker type)
Blackwelder is a honest cop. Firm but fair.
The Judge jumped threw hoops to help me with my court case.(loud pipes on the Camaro)& no Ins. prof.....total cost....nothing!
And the School....well ok..,my boy did Grad and can't spell a lick!
But I love this place. It is home!
ANOTHER TRANSPLANT

Mount Juliet, TN

#17 Jan 6, 2009
TNzoot wrote:
New commers to Lincoln Co. need to know that you will not be considered above a worm unless you have more money than God! We have been here 11 1/2 years and still cannot get things done from local businesses. Contractors will say they will do the work but never call back or show up. The car dealerships think every thing they have is worth more than it would cost in Nashville, and thats just a few examples. One of the worse businesses is Johnny Church Auto Sales. We bought one of the sheds he sells, paid cash, it was placed wrong and he has yet to see that it is moved to where it needs to be after over 2 months. I even offered to pay to have it moved. He has gotten so rude that I will not talk to him anymore, and had two young men with a rope and a truck take 10 min. to move the building.
We had only been here 3 weeks when we were told by a local minister, that if we did not join a church we would not fit in. We did join a church because thats how we live anyway and we still do not fit in. We have lived in West Virginia and it is not as clanish as this place. Lincoln Co. needs to grow up!
YOU hit the nail on the head. Seems to me that the people here are mostly uneducated and VERY intimidated by the very bright
Northerners that move here!!! Sure everyone is all about church 4-5x weekly and preaching BUT they fail to forget to "practice what you preach".
Do they really think GOD can forgive them for being so two-faced,SINFUL & uncaring about people JUST 'cause they werent born here??? I THINK NOT!!
Anonymous Coward

Pulaski, TN

#18 Feb 5, 2009
I have lived in Lincoln County all of my life. The comments for the most part are true. There definately is that GOOD OLE BOY mentality here and your not getting anywhere without knowing the right people. Don't mess with football or religion here because they are the only things this town will allow. Basically if you're thinking of moving here make sure you can handle ignorance and prejudice.
Newby

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2009
Anonymous Coward wrote:
I have lived in Lincoln County all of my life. The comments for the most part are true. There definately is that GOOD OLE BOY mentality here and your not getting anywhere without knowing the right people. Don't mess with football or religion here because they are the only things this town will allow. Basically if you're thinking of moving here make sure you can handle ignorance and prejudice.
I'll have to AGREE!!!!! I moved here almost a year ago and still am treated like a second class citizen because of the ignornace and pejudice! We have a nice home, not a LOT of money but we are decent people and wanted a place to settle that was small. WOW..is this place SMALL... in all walks of life! There is so much prejudice bacause we did not grow up here with all the ignorance. I'ts a same that we didn't know all this before we moved here :(
Fayetteville native

Murfreesboro, TN

#20 Mar 3, 2009
All of you that have posted negative comments on here can just move back to whatever ignorant hicktown you came from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WYTM 105 IS Lincoln County (Feb '13) Sep 20 Janice 79
New Lincoln County Mugshots (Apr '13) Sep 19 Lincoln 4
Vet Prescribes RX's for Humans via Patients Sep 9 snug4 1
Single men (May '15) Sep 7 lonely 27
Buffalo Wild Wings (Feb '16) Sep 6 wings 4
Any home churches or small fellowships in Fayet... Aug 30 GraceFilled 1
News TBI investigating man's homicide in Fayetteville Aug 26 Casper 2

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance