First Prev
of 4
Next Last
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#1 Apr 1, 2010
We are thinking about moving to Fayetteville. Can anyone tell me about Malone and Whitehead and what kind of builders they are? Thanks, in advance.
volsmann

Fayetteville, TN

#2 Apr 1, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
We are thinking about moving to Fayetteville. Can anyone tell me about Malone and Whitehead and what kind of builders they are? Thanks, in advance.
They are trustworthy and do excellent work in my experience!
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#3 Apr 1, 2010
to volsmann
Did they do construction work for you?
My thought

Fayetteville, TN

#4 Apr 2, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
I would suggest you locate a builder from outside of Lincoln County (Fayetteville). My personal experience is that the local builders dont have a clue how to build and will cut corners to pocket more profit. Not to mention they do NOT require permits or building inspections here, which allows the builders to get away with below average standards. So my suggestion.. hire a professional from outside the area.
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#5 Apr 2, 2010
to My Thought:
I guess you had a bad experience with a builder. We tried outside but they don't want to travel to Lincoln County to build. Is Lincoln County that closed a community?
VOLSMANN

Fayetteville, TN

#6 Apr 2, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
to volsmann
Did they do construction work for you?
yes and i have visited numerous of their projects as a contractor, not for them , but their client...no negatives...
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#7 Apr 2, 2010
to volsmann
Are you a home inspector? Are you a contractor? I really want to be sure that I get the right contractor to build for me and I am not familiar with the area.
VOLSMANN

Fayetteville, TN

#8 Apr 3, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
to volsmann
Are you a home inspector? Are you a contractor? I really want to be sure that I get the right contractor to build for me and I am not familiar with the area.
no i am not a building contractor i was on sites as a contractor for the buyer...m & w is an excellent choice as your building contractor and there are several quality builders in lincoln county such as brian watt....
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#9 Apr 3, 2010
Thanks
My thought

Fayetteville, TN

#11 Apr 4, 2010
Yes, it is that closed of a community. If you dont mind going back in time, then Lincoln County is for you. I guess as long as you have "roots" here you will fit in fine. If not, then you will be considered an outsider who simply pays taxes.
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#12 Apr 5, 2010
to Volsmann
Tell me about brian white please, we don't know what to do at this point. Also, we heard about a Tony, can't remember the last name, but heard he was good too.
Thanks in advance.
VOLSMANN

Fayetteville, TN

#13 Apr 6, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
to Volsmann
Tell me about brian white please, we don't know what to do at this point. Also, we heard about a Tony, can't remember the last name, but heard he was good too.
Thanks in advance.
BRIAN WATT WATT CONSTRUCTION...ONLY TONY I KNOW IS TONI WAMPLER A LADY WHO DOES RENOVATION...
Ban Pit Bulls

United States

#14 Apr 19, 2010
I've been in a beautiful home that Malone/Whitehead built in the Riverbend Subdivision. BEAUTIFUL construction. I wasn't crazy about the outside, but the owners selected a "contemporary" design but the inside, no corners were cut.

Also have been in a home built by Tom Ward, I believe he operates under the name James Investment, same subdivision.

Haven't been in the one by Harris & Braden of Hallmark Homes but it looks very nice from the outside.

I don't know about the county, but the CITY does require permits and that contractors be licensed and insured.
sweetpea

Fayetteville, TN

#15 Apr 19, 2010
My thought wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you locate a builder from outside of Lincoln County (Fayetteville). My personal experience is that the local builders dont have a clue how to build and will cut corners to pocket more profit. Not to mention they do NOT require permits or building inspections here, which allows the builders to get away with below average standards. So my suggestion.. hire a professional from outside the area.
You are not only wrong...you are just plain crazy. Sure there are permits that are required for building and there are inspections required. Fayetteville has good, reputable building contractors. Maybe you built your own house without a permit or inspection but they are required and licensed contractors get them. You are a nut case!!!
sweetpea

Fayetteville, TN

#16 Apr 19, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
Please disregard the comment by the person who said permits and inspections are not required. They absolutely are. You will find no problem getting a reputable builder in this community. Jim Hardin in Petersburg (about 13 miles from Fayetteville) also has an excellent reputation and is a wonderful Christian who lives his beliefs. Again, "my thoughts" certainly is not being truthful, to put it mildly. Fayetteville is a wonderful town and I hope you join us soon.
newcomer maybe

Barnesville, OH

#17 Apr 20, 2010
We just visited Fayetteville today to look at property. While touring property our real estate agent told us about a house we drove by that was built by Malone and Whitehead so we stopped. I talked to the people there and they were very disappointed in the construction. They showed us where corners had been cut, poor quality of construction materials, improper installation of fixtures and problems they were still having with the house. This is very disheartening for us as we planned on using them from the comments on here. I guess we will just have to look at moving to another community and start over again. By the way, I almost forgot, they told us that they checked with the county and the only inspections were the ones required by the state for electrical and septic.
disgusted

Barnesville, OH

#18 Apr 20, 2010
newcomer maybe wrote:
We just visited Fayetteville today to look at property. While touring property our real estate agent told us about a house we drove by that was built by Malone and Whitehead so we stopped. I talked to the people there and they were very disappointed in the construction. They showed us where corners had been cut, poor quality of construction materials, improper installation of fixtures and problems they were still having with the house. This is very disheartening for us as we planned on using them from the comments on here. I guess we will just have to look at moving to another community and start over again. By the way, I almost forgot, they told us that they checked with the county and the only inspections were the ones required by the state for electrical and septic.
We are totally disgusted with our home Malone and Whitehead built. We have already had to put an additional $52,000 into it to currect problems and just found out today that it is going to take another $6,000 to correct the plumbing. The house isn't even 2 years old! And yes, the only inspections we had were electrical by the state and septic tank by the state. That was all that was required by Lincoln County.
disgusted

Barnesville, OH

#19 Apr 25, 2010
O
Critical violations where found.
1....heat and air unit to low , water is allowed to pool at the base of unit and run off goes into both intake and return, as photo ( 3739 ) shows. Flex duct both sides will have to be replaced as soon as possible to avoid a mold problem and a possible health risk.
Condensation drain not draining the condensation produced by the unit to the out side covered with dirt and water allowed to back flow into unit.
Gas piping may not be sized properly for the load this could be causing the soot problem with the fire place, the units should be sized for gas flow according to the manufactures instructions MAXIMUM GAS DEMAND. The volume of gas to be provided in cubic feet per hour shall be determined directly from the manufactures input ratings of the gas utilizationís equipment served. Section G2413.2 (402.2
G2115.4 ( 404.4) Piping through foundation wall. Under ground piping, where installed below grade through the outer foundation or basement wall of a building, shall be encased in a protective pipe sleeve. The annular space between the gas piping and the sleeve shall be sealed.
2.....water was found to be coming in due to penetrations in the foundation, landscaping will have to be done to avoid this and a french drain installed on the north side of home to stop the water from infiltrating into the crawl space.( 3761 ) photo shows the amount of dirt and water that was placed around unit, and has since caused the problem.
3.....Plumbing clean out at the front of house does not meet the code standard for distance (Condensation drain not draining the condensation produced by the unit to the out side covered with dirt and water allowed to back flow into unit.
Gas piping may not be sized properly for the load this could be causing the soot problem with the fire place, the units should be sized for gas flow according to the manufactures instructions MAXIMUM GAS DEMAND. The volume of gas to be provided in cubic feet per hour shall be determined directly from the manufactures input ratings of the gas utilizationís equipment served. Section G2413.2 (402.2
G2115.4 ( 404.4) Piping through foundation wall. Under ground piping, where installed below grade through the outer foundation or basement wall of a building, shall be encased in a protective pipe sleeve. The annular space between the gas piping and the sleeve shall be sealed.
2.....water was found to be coming in due to penetrations in the foundation, landscaping will have to be done to avoid this and a french drain installed on the north side of home to stop the water from infiltrating into the crawl space.( 3761 ) photo shows the amount of dirt and water that was placed around unit, and has since caused the problem.
3.....Plumbing clean out at the front of house does not meet the code standard for distance ((3762 ) photo p3005.2.4 Accessibility clean outs shall be accessible minimum clearance in front of clean outs shall be 18 inches on 3 inches and larger pipes, and 12 inches on smaller pipes, also photo (3749 ) shows that the pipe penetrating the wall was not properly sealed according to code and is allowing water to run under the home waterproofing p2606.1 general roof and exterior wall penetrations shall be made water tight.(3750 ) this will also need to be repaired as soon as possible to prevent further settling of the home, as will be noted else where in this report. mold is already present at the south end of the home ( 3805 ) shows this problem.
4. Shower and tub drains home owner complained about noise and slow to drain tub,(3753) photo shows the air admittance valve located below the floor. P3114.4 location individual and branch air admittance valves shall be located a minimum of 4 inches above the horizontal branch drain or fixture drain being vented. Stack-type air admittance valves shall be located a minimum of 6 inches above the flood rim of the highest fixture being vented
5. Distance of vents and the lack of p
disgusted

Barnesville, OH

#20 Apr 25, 2010
proper venting p3101.2.1 venting required. Every trap and trapped fixture shall be vented in accordance with one of the venting methods specified in this chapter 31.
6. Pressure fittings where used inside of sanitary, sanitary line is back falling table 3005.4.2
7. Inch and half lines where used on the washer box table 3201.7 ( 3790) photo shows line and no trap or vent table 3201.7
8. Prohibited S traps 3201.5 these where found in all bath rooms.
Plumbing system for the home has so many problems it will almost have to be completely redone in order to work properly, change of direction, venting, size of the piping, traps, back fall in the pipes, clean outs , penetrations In the walls and around the tub and shower areaís ,strapping of the water lines , water under the house will have to be dried up replacement of the air ducts do to the water penetration , the re sloping of the ground around the heat and air unit. other photo included in this report .
RECOMMENDATIONS;
That a contractor be hired to repair the heat and air as soon as possible and to prevent the infiltration of water into the space below the home from the units, that the plumbing be repaired to code by a licensed plumber in the state of Tenn. To prevent in further problems with this system, the water that is now under the house needs to be tried up and water infiltration stopped before mold and further damage occurs.
My best rough estimate on the plumbing repairs including sheet rock repair with materials would be in the neighborhood of 5600.00 the landscaping and drainage work 3500.00 to 6000.00
disgusted

Barnesville, OH

#21 Apr 25, 2010
Critical violations where found.
1....heat and air unit to low , water is allowed to pool at the base of unit and run off goes into both intake and return, as photo ( 3739 ) shows. Flex duct both sides will have to be replaced as soon as possible to avoid a mold problem and a possible health risk.
Condensation drain not draining the condensation produced by the unit to the out side covered with dirt and water allowed to back flow into unit.
3.....Plumbing clean out at the front of house does not meet the code standard for distance (Condensation drain not draining the condensation produced by the unit to the out side covered with dirt and water allowed to back flow into unit.
3.....Plumbing clean out at the front of house does not meet the code standard for distance ((3762 ) photo p3005.2.4 Accessibility clean outs shall be accessible minimum clearance in front of clean outs shall be 18 inches on 3 inches and larger pipes, and 12 inches on smaller pipes, also photo (3749 ) shows that the pipe penetrating the wall was not properly sealed according to code and is allowing water to run under the home waterproofing p2606.1 general roof and exterior wall penetrations shall be made water tight.(3750 ) this will also need to be repaired as soon as possible to prevent further settling of the home, as will be noted else where in this report. mold is already present at the south end of the home ( 3805 ) shows this problem.
4. Shower and tub drains home owner complained about noise and slow to drain tub,(3753) photo shows the air admittance valve located below the floor. P3114.4 location individual and branch air admittance valves shall be located a minimum of 4 inches above the horizontal branch drain or fixture drain being vented. Stack-type air admittance valves shall be located a minimum of 6 inches above the flood rim of the highest fixture being vented
5. Distance of vents and the lack of

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
massage therapist (Mar '13) 2 hr dito 4
Facebook posts 2 hr Am i right 6
henry dwayne thompson (Feb '13) Thu heatherlynthompson 5
lincoln county finest. (May '14) Wed funny 25
animal clinic (Feb '13) Tue What are they thi... 18
idb Tue What are they thi... 5
franke mfg. (May '11) Feb 23 big deal 57
Fayetteville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web