Best Dining In Chambersburg, Part three

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 55
Next Last
Special

Shippensburg, PA

#1 Jan 12, 2012
Frankly, the Dining thread is the only reason I come here and I'd like to keep hearing about great restaurants in Cburg. Can we keep the racist homophobes from commenting and rambling on ad-nauseum? No. But for the sweet love of Christ, please just ignore these people and keep on topic. Yes, that means you Effington, DTM and others. You are expounding the problem exponentially every time you respond, so just freakin stop already.

Now, whats this about awesome burritos I was hearing about?
Ladies Tuesday luncheon

Greencastle, PA

#2 Jan 12, 2012
Special wrote:
Frankly, the Dining thread is the only reason I come here and I'd like to keep hearing about great restaurants in Cburg. Can we keep the racist homophobes from commenting and rambling on ad-nauseum? No. But for the sweet love of Christ, please just ignore these people and keep on topic. Yes, that means you Effington, DTM and others. You are expounding the problem exponentially every time you respond, so just freakin stop already.
I agree and THANK YOU!!!

Now where can a group of ladies go for a nice modestly priced sit down lunch? No street parking because most of us don't like to park that way, we prefer parking spaces that we can just pull in and out of.
Qwerty

Hagerstown, MD

#3 Jan 12, 2012
Ladies Tuesday luncheon wrote:
<quoted text>I agree and THANK YOU!!!
Now where can a group of ladies go for a nice modestly priced sit down lunch? No street parking because most of us don't like to park that way, we prefer parking spaces that we can just pull in and out of.
Titos Tacos on the square would be your best bet. Friendly staff, delicious food, reasonable price and easy pull-in parking.

Southgate shopping Center has plenty of free parking and the Las Palmeras has wonderful specials and a terrific family friendly atmosphere.

Bulgogi House on Franklin Street is a Korean treat, but not alot of seating if your group is larger than 6 or so. Parking is off street behind the building.

If you really want to know other options, take the time to read through the dining threads. You'll find lots of good information on ethnic food choices in Chambersburg. If your preference runs more to the national chains, you'll have to get your info elsewhere.
Sam

Shippensburg, PA

#4 Jan 12, 2012
Special wrote:
This is orgasmic. Can it be done?!
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Jan 12, 2012
As a result of all of the praise I've seen given to Kenzo on this forum I'm going to be trying it very soon. I cannot yet bring myself to eat raw fish so that excludes me from a good portion of the menu. I know that Aki offers cooked sushi rolls. Does Kenzo do the same?

Las Palmeras (sp?) is another place I'll be trying soon. I'm a hopeless addict when it comes to Mexican food and I can't believe I've not given this place a try as it's been there for approx. 2 years.

The OP mentioned the burritos we've been discussing. That would be El Gallo. I'm a big fan of that place.
toots

Shippensburg, PA

#6 Jan 12, 2012
burritos give me gas.
Special

Hanover, PA

#7 Jan 12, 2012
On top of the other choices, I would say that Molly's is a great place to have lunch. THey serve Breakfast all day and the food is really really good. You could probably park at the office complex where the flower shop used to be, across from the theatre and walk down, its not far. The main street deli has great sandwiches too!
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#8 Jan 12, 2012
Qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
Titos Tacos on the square would be your best bet. Friendly staff, delicious food, reasonable price and easy pull-in parking.
Southgate shopping Center has plenty of free parking and the Las Palmeras has wonderful specials and a terrific family friendly atmosphere.
Bulgogi House on Franklin Street is a Korean treat, but not alot of seating if your group is larger than 6 or so. Parking is off street behind the building.
If you really want to know other options, take the time to read through the dining threads. You'll find lots of good information on ethnic food choices in Chambersburg. If your preference runs more to the national chains, you'll have to get your info elsewhere.
PERFECT response.
Rock Hoover

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Jan 12, 2012
Just to add to the last post I made, Effington I want to thank you for some of the posts on Kenzo's sushi in the other thread. It's taken me some time to warm up to the idea of sushi, but it's become so mainstream now that I feel I have no choice but to get in on the fun so I'll be trying it at Kenzo probably over the weekend. I'll likely start with the California roll and work my way into other types featuring raw tuna and such.

A few years ago when I learned that the proper way to order high quality tuna was rare or medium rare I thought how in God's name could you eat fish that way? But after doing some research online I've learned that it's totally safe and appropriate to eat fine tuna.
Qwerty

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Jan 12, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
PERFECT response.
Gracias!
OldCburgChick

Frederick, MD

#11 Jan 13, 2012
Red Hats?
Ladies Tuesday luncheon

Greencastle, PA

#12 Jan 13, 2012
OldCburgChick wrote:
<quoted text>
Red Hats?
You betcha! A bunch of "old broads" as we were called in my day, not old, just broads! Now we're old!
Dan the Man

Newville, PA

#13 Jan 13, 2012
I guess this is the thread for this now...

Anybody else get this?

http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward/sho...

It looks right up Effington's alley.

I'm very curious about this event. How long does it take to have 8 courses? How large are the servings of beer? It seems like more than one person could eat and drink. Has anyone been to something like this?
Who cares

Greencastle, PA

#14 Jan 13, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
I guess this is the thread for this now...
Anybody else get this?
http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward/sho...
It looks right up Effington's alley.
I'm very curious about this event. How long does it take to have 8 courses? How large are the servings of beer? It seems like more than one person could eat and drink. Has anyone been to something like this?
This isn't about being up Effington's alley.
So please don't start this nonsense again. Can we just talk about food and restaurants?
ROger

Shippensburg, PA

#15 Jan 13, 2012
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't about being up Effington's alley.
So please don't start this nonsense again. Can we just talk about food and restaurants?
Hey fucktard did you look at the link?
Qwerty

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Jan 13, 2012
Who cares wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't about being up Effington's alley.
If you would have taken 2 seconds to open the link, you would have discovered it is about a FOOD event at a RESTAURANT. It would be difficult to find a more applicable post in this thread.

But you are more interested in bashing others than in discussing food and restaurants. Have fun in your lonely little alley.

Btw, the link was interesting. Thanks for the info.
ignore who cares

Greencastle, PA

#17 Jan 13, 2012
ROger wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey fucktard did you look at the link?
Boy are you stupid. You fell for it hook line and sinker!

If you had a brain in your head you would have ignored the Who cares post.

Can't you see who cares was only looking for trouble? YOU NEED TO IGNORE THOSE KIND OF POSTS. don't be dumb and get pulled in.. got it?
ROger

Shippensburg, PA

#18 Jan 13, 2012
ignore who cares wrote:
<quoted text>Boy are you stupid. You fell for it hook line and sinker!
If you had a brain in your head you would have ignored the Who cares post.
Can't you see who cares was only looking for trouble? YOU NEED TO IGNORE THOSE KIND OF POSTS. don't be dumb and get pulled in.. got it?
I'll post what I want, how I want, when I want. Got it?
ignore ROger

Greencastle, PA

#19 Jan 14, 2012
ROger wrote:
<quoted text>I'll post what I want, how I want, when I want. Got it?
looks like we have another dumbo poster that trolls the threads in the middle of the night looking for trouble so it can make depraved remarks.

ROger, you're what some would call a "real winner". And by the way that's not a compliment in case you haven't figured it out.

Got it? Now go back under your bridge and go to sleep

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#20 Jan 14, 2012
I was going to quit Topix forever after the mess that happened over at the other thread. I fully accept at least some of the responsibility for letting it happen - I always try to ignore the trolls and keep things on topic. But, something someone said struck a chord with me, and I let my emotions get the best of it. Part of what the dining thread here is about is encouraging people to try new things, support local businesses and realize there's a world of food outside of big corporate chains and multi-billion dollar ad campaigns. I felt strongly enough that I defended it in a way that I now realize contributed to the problem, rather than conciliate it. I continue to stand by what I said because I believe in what I said, and I won't apologize for caring about Chambersburg, its small businesses and negative statements that would jeopardize people's interest in either. But I do apologize to those of you who come to the dining thread for a conflict-free, politics-free environment for discussion about food - which, in my opinion, has the ability to bring everyone together regardless of our differences.
Thank you Special for starting this new discussion and hopefully leaving the riff raff behind. I see some of it followed, but we can overcome it by ignoring it - I know that's worked for me in the past. And thank you Qwerty, Rock Hoover, OldCbrgChick, Salsify and the rest who tried keep things on topic but were just overwhelmed. I promise to do my part and keep things on topic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 55
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Game (Jun '11) Mon Julia 473
Keep A Word Drop A Word (Jun '11) Mon Julia 640
Word Game _ Change A Letter (Jun '11) Mon Julia 573
let's play post one word only ! (Sep '09) Mon Julia 216
News Manure trade show's slogan contest produces pil... Apr 27 DILF 18
News McNeal found guilty of second degree felony rob... (Apr '10) Apr 27 DTM 25
News Mecersburg man to have hearing on charge of ste... Apr 18 dumper heinbaugh 1
More from around the web

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]