Police: Beware of driveway sealing scams

Police: Beware of driveway sealing scams

There are 15 comments on the Public Opinion story from Aug 29, 2010, titled Police: Beware of driveway sealing scams. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Beware of an ongoing driveway sealing scam being carried out by individuals in Franklin County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Chambersburg

Frederick, MD

#2 Aug 29, 2010
Chambersburg: Host to criminals, thugs, nekked West Virginians, and travelling salesmen.

I do feel sorry for this victimized couple.
Jason

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Aug 29, 2010
Ok, so this article pretty much says "Watch For Scams". Honestly, who already doesn't watch for scams? It would be much more helpful if the PO would put some information about what this scam involves and how it is carried out.

I do feel sorry for the couple, but I did not get any information out of this article. Great job, PO!
Sam

Greencastle, PA

#4 Aug 29, 2010
The couple suggests Hispanic. Could've been Roma.
Gypsies still roam.
Eileen

Greencastle, PA

#5 Aug 29, 2010
Probably Gypsies, not Hispanics
otus

Chambersburg, PA

#6 Aug 29, 2010
please come make me a offer on my driveway seal coat. i have a new 500 magnum im itching to try out!
Avg American

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Aug 29, 2010
Unfortunately that's what this world is coming to. Most of these "scam artists" will attack the elderly. As seen in the article about the grandchildren stealing from their grandparents. It's a sad, sad world we live in. Times are tough, for everyone not just a few people. I wish the state police would put forth more effort in everything. There have been multiple break-ins around my home & all they say is if you see someone, call us, we'll be right out. Yeah, right out in 3 hours after you finish your coffee & doughnut. They definitely could have gone into more detail on this situation but it's much easier to cut it short & save their time. Frustration!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 31, 2010
lucky mine is concrete

“READ FAST my posts are DELETED”

Since: Aug 10

West Of Chambersburg

#9 Aug 31, 2010
taterthecat wrote:
lucky mine is concrete
Good for you tweddle. But in order to be a rich republican of status, you also need to have a cement pond.
Anon

Pomeroy, PA

#10 Aug 31, 2010
Eileen wrote:

Probably Gypsies, as they at least speak English when they steal from you. I didn't see it mentioned that the thieves demanded a taxpayer funded translator accompany them to the scene of the crime, so probably not Hispanic...
Joel

Greencastle, PA

#11 Aug 31, 2010
Eileen wrote:
Yea, probably Gypsies. We have lots of Gypsies around here.
ghostrider

Shermans Dale, PA

#12 Sep 3, 2010
Always check identification if not representing a company, Some are out to make an honest living, and it is common sense to check that those who offer to provide services be identified, before those services are ever commenced, or monies are exchanged, for services not yet rendered.
Rashad Jones

Hanover, PA

#13 Sep 3, 2010
Beware of scams...like our government making excuses to raise taxes.
assik juhad mohammed

Chambersburg, PA

#14 Sep 3, 2010
oh oh this is terrible, i did not think there were scams here in the Franklin
noone

Gettysburg, PA

#15 Sep 4, 2010
Also, all contractors are required to have a license that you could check. And, do not let solicitors inside your home.
john doe

United States

#16 Sep 23, 2010
There are alot of of gypsies around some legit like allstate paving got me the driveway looks horrible and won't come back to fix so that makes them a legit rip off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former popular Chambersburg hangout to bea Fri Test 2
News Greencastle church gets new pastor (Jul '09) Fri Hughes 11
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Sep 17 Fife 33
News Fort Loudon Inn to be restored (Mar '09) Sep 17 Pug 18
massage parlor Sep 13 mark the trucker 1
News Police log (May '10) Sep 11 He will never cha... 28
Oscar "Tucker " Bechtel (Mar '10) Sep 8 Test 9

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance