Wood-fired pizza gets permanent home in Manlius: Ironwood Restaurant

Nov 6, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Post-Standard

You may have seen John Freightenburgh's Pizza Rig -- a portable, outdoor wood-fired pizza wagon -- in action during the past few years, mostly in the Fayetteville-Manlius area.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2013
sad experience

Syracuse, NY

#1 Nov 23, 2012
After months of anticipation we went to the opening of the Iron Wood Grill in Manlius. Disappointed in the value of the meal. We had two apps and two pizza's with three drinks and with tip it was $95. Our impression is that the owner likes to make pizza better than running a good restaurant. He manned the oven the entire time instead of greeting his patrons. With no parking and l a limited menu and over priced pizza it will be tough to make it in Manlius.
Unhappy customer

New York, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2013
First impression: This place has overpriced,oily pizza. That was our first experience. Second impression: We live in a family friendly town and they a the most unfriendly restaurant to families with kids! We had terrible food the first time we were there and decided to try back again. We were asked to leave because we brought baby food in for my 9 month old and chicken nuggets for my 2 year old who I well know won't touch pizza. I figured a restaurant would want families especially on a night when only 4 tables were occupied. We were avidly trying to support the local town and give the restaurant a second chance. Oh, well. Good luck selling expensive pizza to families in Manlius. Beautiful building and nice furniture. Hope you fail so someone else can buy you out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Austrian Expat 439
Phoney Coach Crap 4 hr Sick of Phoneys 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr Who are trying to... 6,413
manlius pebble hill school Aug 30 rainy 1
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Aug 29 Lol 16,779
Buffalo housing program to expand to Rochester (Dec '13) Aug 28 Diamond Daisy 11
SRC, Inc. Layoffs Aug 25 fat midget 2
•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••