Review: Lidos, The Euro Spot
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Matt Ripka

Fayetteville, NC

#42 Sep 11, 2010
As a first-time guest I was very pleased with this new restaurant in Downtown Fayetteville. I enjoyed my experience from the time I walked in the front door. The waitress was friendly and welcoming as she showed my wife and I to our table. The ambiance was very warm. They have done a wonderful job of combining a European theme with a warm southern comfort type of feel.

The simple fact that the waitress was Russian (or of some Slavic decent and nice accent) added to the romance of the place. When the food came out (in a fairly timely manner) it was obvious that the Chef took time and care with the presentation of the food on the plate. I had Hungarian Chicken Paprikash and my wife had the Goulash. It was delicious and we shared off each others' plates to sample the dishes.

We love that fact that this type of place has opened in Downtown Fayetteville and will certainly return on our next outing downtown. We recommend to anyone who is looking for a touch of class and culture.
steph

United States

#43 Feb 19, 2011
How can u run out of lettuce at 3:20? Didn't they just prep the kitchen? Soup is watery. Not impressed. When they said they didn't have lettuce for my salad I didn't even order a different meal. I'm not giving them any more money.
Carrie

Fayetteville, NC

#44 Feb 28, 2011
Ledo's is definitely one of the best restaurants in Fayetteville. The food is actually unique and the service is very good. The bar is also great. Definitely check it out!
Valerie

Raeford, NC

#45 Mar 2, 2011
I was surprisingly impressed with Lido's. My husband and i went there for late/lunch early dinner. The food was was unique while still being simple and clean. Service was good. Overall we were very pleased which DOES NOT happen often at all when we try new restraunts in fayetteville. I would definitely recommend it.
Rodney

Fayetteville, NC

#46 Mar 3, 2011
steph wrote:
How can u run out of lettuce at 3:20? Didn't they just prep the kitchen? Soup is watery. Not impressed. When they said they didn't have lettuce for my salad I didn't even order a different meal. I'm not giving them any more money.
Steph,
I sincerely apologize that we were unable to serve salads at that particular time. Here at Lidos we only serve the freshest and highest quality produce, meats, and starches. Unfortunately, our last delivery of lettuce was sub-par and management made a decision not to serve it and had to send someone to a local grocery store to get a fresh supply until we could get another delivery after the weekend. Had you decided to order another item from the menu we would have gladly provided your meal for free just for the inconvenience.

Our goal is the total satisfaction of our guests from the quality of food, timely and friendly service, and your overall experience. We constantly strive to improve our restaurant and take the feedback from our guests very seriously.

I hope that you will decide to return and see that we truly care about our guests and their dining experience.

Best regards,
Rodney (Proprietor)
Deb

Southern Pines, NC

#47 Apr 2, 2011
Booked for my husban';s birthday. No acknowledgement of his birthday by host or server, even though I mentioned the occasion again to the host upon arrival.
We asked for one entree to be served with the appetizers as one guest had to leave early.
All the entrees came out while we were eating our appetizers except , you guessed, the meal that was required early. This guest had to have her meal boxed almost immediately.
Staff were good about one guest's gluten free request.
The snitzel and the cabbage rolls were very good. The veal dumplings were ok but the cream sauce was a thin broth. They tasted better with the mushroom and cheese dip which was our appetizer. I was lucky it was there. The goulash and chicken paprika were boribg and tasteless served on mountains of flavorless noodles. Coffee was good. Staff friendly and competent. We were embarrassed to have invited our guests to share our celebration meal here.
Elizabeth

Fort Bragg, NC

#48 Apr 12, 2011
Amazing! Most enjoyable restaurant I've been to in Fayetteville. They advertised on "Group-on", else I would not have known Lidos is here. 35 years in Fayetteville we have our "favorites" for dining. Lidos tops my list now! I took my daughter here for her birthday. The goulash and Hungarian Paprikesh portions were so generous that we took home half for later meals. I've lived overseas and this is the first eastern European dining that I've had in the USA that tastes authentic, only augmented to by the lovely ambiance of outside dining which is so common overseas. Our waitress was very attentive. Food service--unlike overseas dining--was amazingly swift. Happy, upbeat music and very nice scenery with the old-time lights downtown. Relaxing. I highly recommend Lido's for anybody who likes a relaxing cultured experience and well-flavored traditional eastern European foods.
kenny

United States

#50 Apr 16, 2011
Go every weekend. Good party bar. great dj. Friendly people really classy place to be went during lunch once too food was exquisite and staff was very friendly they take care of there customers
Cindy

Fayetteville, NC

#51 Jun 19, 2011
We've visited Lidos a couple times now and each time it has been wonderful! I've had the Galuptsi which was enough food for 2 meals. My husband the goulash and he leaves absolutely stuffed. The bread is so good and everything comes out piping hot. This has become our new favorite restaurant in town.
Elizabeth

Fayetteville, NC

#52 Jun 26, 2011
I've been going to Lidos for several months, overall I LOVE the place. It caters to the top forty on the weekend, as do most places. I've yet to order from the menu bc I tend to get there later at night. The drinks are strong and great. The only complaint I really have with the place is one of the bartenders drives me INSANE. Without fail, everytime I go there....she's limping around like she's about to die. She complains the ENTIRE time if its not all that busy where I have to suffer through her list of complaints. The girl acts like she is on her DEATH BED. Ijust want my drink. I don't want to hear your medical history and watch you limp around like some sort of invalid. I go there for RECREATION. I wouldn't normally post this. But she's never in good spirits...I am really considering removing lidos from my weekend rounds. My entire group rolls their eyes when I suggest going there. Bc we know exactly what we will have to deal with when we walk in.
Fred

Cassville, GA

#53 Jul 18, 2011
I spent two years in Poland, Hungary, Belarus, and Russia and Lidos is wonderful reprehensive of Easteren European cooking. The service was wonderful, and the dinner was relaxing. The menu is a bit limited but the portions are large so you will not go away hungry of dissatisfied. I will return there again, this time taking guest and business associates for dinner. Lidos is the best-kept secret in Fayetteville.
Tracy

Fayetteville, NC

#54 Oct 2, 2011
My friend's and I ate at Lido's before going to see a play this weekend.We were running a little behind but the service was quick. We all had amazing food and the waitress was very nice! The best salad...by far... that I have had in awhile. I will be back this week for lunch!
Bad service and food

Fayetteville, NC

#55 Jan 14, 2012
Waiter was very unprofessional. Waiter didn't have a uniform, bad communication skill, and poor English. However, it wasn't the main reason we didn't like this restaurant. The food was awful: nothing but too much fake noodles and fake mashed potatoes. Absolutely one of the worst restaurants I have ever been. Three of us ordered three different food (supposedly their famous food) expecting real Russian food (we all have some Russian background), but none of the food was Russian plus tasteless. Will never go there again, even if I have a $50 dollars of coupon I wouldn't because it's a waste of time. Do not go there, not worth of your money, plus not even real Russian food!!!
Rodney

Fayetteville, NC

#56 Jan 14, 2012
What are fake noodles? Our potatoes come weekly from the local Fayetteville Farmer's Market, potatoes are peeled, cut, and mashed daily. Even our Euro Fries are cut from whole potatoes daily. If you really have a Russian background or know anything about Slavic food then maybe you should have ordered the Veal Pelmini (a Russian Traditional Favorite) or the Galuptsi (Ukrainian Style Stuffed Cabbage Rolls) which are prepared over a 3 hour period then slow cook in a veggie stew for the next 24 hours. How about the German Pork Schnitzel? We strive daily to ensure our food is of the highest quality and made from only the freshest ingredients.

I normally do not respond to any posts, but the above one was simply so unprofessional and even hateful. Most people will see right through it anyhow and not even consider a helpful review. Cheers!

Bad service and food wrote:
Waiter was very unprofessional. Waiter didn't have a uniform, bad communication skill, and poor English. However, it wasn't the main reason we didn't like this restaurant. The food was awful: nothing but too much fake noodles and fake mashed potatoes. Absolutely one of the worst restaurants I have ever been. Three of us ordered three different food (supposedly their famous food) expecting real Russian food (we all have some Russian background), but none of the food was Russian plus tasteless. Will never go there again, even if I have a $50 dollars of coupon I wouldn't because it's a waste of time. Do not go there, not worth of your money, plus not even real Russian food!!!
Inconcievable!

United States

#57 Jan 14, 2012
Rodney wrote:
<quoted text>What are fake noodles? Our potatoes come weekly from the local Fayetteville Farmer's Market, potatoes are peeled, cut, and mashed daily. Even our Euro Fries are cut from whole potatoes daily. If you really have a Russian background or know anything about Slavic food then maybe you should have ordered the Veal Pelmini (a Russian Traditional Favorite) or the Galuptsi (Ukrainian Style Stuffed Cabbage Rolls) which are prepared over a 3 hour period then slow cook in a veggie stew for the next 24 hours. How about the German Pork Schnitzel? We strive daily to ensure our food is of the highest quality and made from only the freshest ingredients.

I normally do not respond to any posts, but the above one was simply so unprofessional and even hateful. Most people will see right through it anyhow and not even consider a helpful review. Cheers!
My husband and I love your restaurant. We love the atmosphere and the wait staff is very knowledgable about the menu. We adore that we're never rushed to eat quickly and get out. Any time we've been there at the same time as a band the band has been talented an entertaining. We will keep returning to your establishment. And we look forward to the warm welcome we always get when we do.
Just ok

Charlotte, NC

#58 May 24, 2012
Lido's is just ok. Nothing fancy about the place... Menu is not very favorable for picky eaters unless you eat off the kids menu. Could use better selection of salad dressings. We were there kinda late and thought we would stay for the night life that was suppose to occur and never did. Waitress' got all trashed up in short shorts and cleavage hanging everywhere but not alot of people showed up. We ended up leaving around mindnight on a Saturday. Might try for food again or a different night but think we will spend our nightlife up the street... so sad. Could be really good.
Angelia

Fayetteville, NC

#59 Dec 17, 2012
This place is horrible, the customer service stinks and the food has no flavor. We called 3 days in advance to let them we had a large party. It took an hour for the last person to get their meal. I will never go this resturant again. Then to top it off they added a 20% graduity. The potatoe soup taste like baby food

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Want to join a MC (Nov '10) Thu Jimmy D 110
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) Nov 21 Wolf 685
White Women in Fayetteville (Jun '10) Nov 20 N2wfsn2bbc 36
AAA Fence Co. (Mar '10) Nov 19 fu p 60
News Latest victims of $4 gas? NC gas station owners (Jun '08) Nov 18 George 3
Looking For Wolfgang Gonzalez in Fayetteville ,... (Apr '09) Nov 14 Ms X 13
News Bergdahl gets dishonorable discharge, no prison... Nov 8 Red Crosse 15

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance