Review: Lidos, The Euro Spot

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fayetteville

Fayetteville, NC

#1 Apr 17, 2010
I was not pleased with the place. The owner walked around to everyone else table, but ours. He did not greet our table till we had problems. The meal I got had no taste and they started to run out of noodles and only had two of the appetizers on the menu.

Maybe give them a month to work out the kinks, but just was not pleased. One think that was good was the wine.
Zan

Raeford, NC

#3 Apr 19, 2010
My husband and I were very pleased with our visit to Lido's. The food was excellent, the waitress friendly and attentive, and the prices reasonable especially especially given the quality of food we received. The atmosphere was elegant, the restaurant stylishly decorated, and the music was lively. We would definitely recommend this place and will return for a future visit.
Joe

Fayetteville, NC

#4 Apr 25, 2010
Had lunch at Lido's during the dogwood festival. The food was tasty; I ordered Goulash, and the waitress was friendly and attentive. I would definitely return.
Office lunch

Fayetteville, NC

#5 Apr 28, 2010
First impressions are everything and this restaurant is not paying attention to that. Seven of us went to lunch on our lunch hour and it took approx. an hour and a half for us to order, eat and pay our bills. Paying the bill took way too much time. Our experience was not a good one, although the food itself was pretty good...if a little pricey. Waitress got our orders wrong and didn't make them right....brought a platter of Euro fries to the table in an attempt to correct the order but the main course was still wrong. She did not give the right tickets to correspond with the meal to each of us but at this point we were running late on our lunch hour and decided not to make an issue of it. The wrong change was given to one of the ladies who was paying in cash...but we got that corrected and one lady never got her debit card back when she attempted to pay and when questioned they found her card but told her the meal was rung up as a "cash" transaction and could she pay in cash. She had only brought her debit card with her so cash was not an option. This lady had to go to the owner (we assume that's who he was) and have the transaction voided and then rung up again. At this point the owner should have comped at least her meal just to retain her patronage. My suggestion is if you want to try this new place out....don't wait too long because they may not be in business much longer.
Just terrible service

Fayetteville, NC

#6 Apr 28, 2010
Had lunch today - the waitress sucked - English Barriors is what the Manager blamed our orders getting all screwed up. Took us 30 minutes to check out! Girl claimed she gave me back my Visa and she had it the whole time - THEN she ran my card wrong and wanted me to pay in cash - There were 7 of us and WE WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!
Just terrible service

Fayetteville, NC

#7 Apr 28, 2010
Place sucked!
Al V

Fayetteville, NC

#8 Apr 29, 2010
A very refreshing change from the typical dishes offered in this town. Went during the Dogwood Festival and later during the week for lunch. Have not been disappointed yet. If you enjoy al fresco dining, this is one of the few places in town which offer it. The meals were well prepared, food delicious and the waitresses were extremely attentive, friendly and did an extremely good job at adding the Russian flare to the establishment. Only wish they served Vodka in the tall Russian shot glasses. That will definitely pique passerbyer's curiousity and give it a more Russian atmosphere.
Mike

Charlotte, NC

#9 Apr 29, 2010
I had lunch yesterday at Lido's during the same time the above party of 7 were there. I found the food to be excellent, prompt and correct. The wait staff were VERY pleasant and attentive and Rodney (the owner) was very kind to stop and talk to me about his new business. The place is elegant, the food flavorful and beautiful and well priced for what you get. A wide selection of music was a nice lunchtime touch as well. The revolving menu is interesting as well (yes, not all of what is listed on the menu is available everyday).
Overall, this is a new resturant owned and ran by new business owners. There will be a few mistakes made, but to say Lido's will be out of business soon is a long strecth. I highly suggest checking this place out for anyone who wants something different in the Fayetteville area.
A pleased customer

Fayetteville, NC

#10 Apr 29, 2010
Just terrible service wrote:
Had lunch today - the waitress sucked - English Barriors is what the Manager blamed our orders getting all screwed up. Took us 30 minutes to check out! Girl claimed she gave me back my Visa and she had it the whole time - THEN she ran my card wrong and wanted me to pay in cash - There were 7 of us and WE WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN!
With all due respect for the person who wrote this comment, I have had several experiences at Lidos and have had GREAT service and loved the food. The management there has done a great job with selecting waitresses whom speak Russian and or a number of other languages to help create a true Eastern European/Russian feel to the place. Sometimes we just have to accept that language barriers can present problems but I know that I have enjoyed my self emensely there each of the 5 times that I have been there since they opened. It's definitely a place that should be visited.
Lunch Today

Fayetteville, NC

#11 Apr 29, 2010
I just had lunch at this new place, Lidos. The Goulash was amazing and the service was fast and accurate. Wonderful atmosphere and ambiance! I'm definitely coming back here for my work day lunch experience.
Frequent Guest

Fayetteville, NC

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Fayetteville wrote:
I was not pleased with the place. The owner walked around to everyone else table, but ours. He did not greet our table till we had problems. The meal I got had no taste and they started to run out of noodles and only had two of the appetizers on the menu.
Maybe give them a month to work out the kinks, but just was not pleased. One think that was good was the wine.
I was at the grand opening of this restaurant and enjoyed the experiecne eventhough the wait times were a bit longer than normal. The house was full and the waitresses were very attentive to us. We've been back now 3 separate times and have had a great time, loved the food, and received great service. We'll be back plenty of times.
lola

United States

#13 Apr 29, 2010
Not good at all. Service slooooooow. Watch out for the pigeon crap when sitting outside!!!!!
Repeat Customer

Charlotte, NC

#14 Apr 30, 2010
lola wrote:
Not good at all. Service slooooooow. Watch out for the pigeon crap when sitting outside!!!!!
The service I received was excellent. My waitress (Claudia) was absolutely outstanding. I will definitely be frequenting this place on a regular basis.
As for the bird crap, what do you expect eating outside? I have seen the same things at Pierro's and Huske House. It comes with outside dining.
John

United States

#15 Apr 30, 2010
I went on a Thursday afternoon and had a great time; the staff were very friendly...the food was excellent. I had the dill salad, the goulash over mashed potatoes, and their strawberry whipped pie. It was so great, we are having a small get together with a bunch of friends this Saturday evening and skipping over Huske for once!
Alex and Jenny

Fayetteville, NC

#16 May 1, 2010
We had Saturday lunch at Lidos and loved the atmosphere. Their Russian speaking waitresses really added a unique touch to go along with the excellent food and service. If you're lookig for something totally different than the usual that we have here in Fayetteville then go check this place out. Try the Goulash! Alex had that and loved it. Oh, and ask for Claudia...she's super sweet and very attentive to the table.
Queen and Papa

Fayetteville, NC

#17 May 1, 2010
We had an excellent meal with friends. We have traveled extensively and enjoy ethnic food and found the appertizers and meals very well prepared. Also the drinks and desserts were excellet.

We would highly recommend!

GSP AND BSP

Since: Jan 10

Fayetteville, NC

#18 May 3, 2010
Al V wrote:
A very refreshing change from the typical dishes offered in this town. Went during the Dogwood Festival and later during the week for lunch. Have not been disappointed yet. If you enjoy al fresco dining, this is one of the few places in town which offer it. The meals were well prepared, food delicious and the waitresses were extremely attentive, friendly and did an extremely good job at adding the Russian flare to the establishment. Only wish they served Vodka in the tall Russian shot glasses. That will definitely pique passerbyer's curiousity and give it a more Russian atmosphere.
Yeah it would be great if they could serve the vodka in the tall Russian shot glasses but I'm sure the state ABC laws wouldn't allow it.
Anthony

Southern Pines, NC

#19 May 10, 2010
For all the negative comments...I was there tonight, not to eat but to talk about the food...The owners seem very nice...I will be there this weekend to eat...I'm sure the food will be good...As far as people saying the service is slow...Credit Card Issues...language barriers...it is a new place and they just have to work it out...This is the nicest place I've seen so far in this town...It reminds me of Philadelphia, New York etc...This town needs some Culture...They have a nice dance floor...Karaoke...This should be the next hot spot...Downtown is nice...More people just have to get Downtown on the Weekends...Great bar hoping area...Outside eating is the better way to eat your meal...Just so you guys know...The bartender is Hot,Sexy and Intelligent...
Gabriella

Southern Pines, NC

#20 May 10, 2010
I was there tonight and I found Lidos to be stylish,elegant,european..This city needs some metropolitan city style restaurants..Just like in New york city..I'm really tired of the Red Neck bars here in Fayettville..I'm happy for that place and I hope it will be a Hot Spot...and also for the Soldiers that have been in Eastern Europe..such as Hungary.. and experienced the friendly Hospitality of the Europeans...The language Barrier makes the place authentic..
Larry

Wagener, SC

#21 May 11, 2010
Had lunch twice-dinner once. Food has always been terrific. Met the owner/manager-gracious and professional. Especially enjoyed lunch outside.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) Feb 20 Old SF 656
Mud Sharks at Golds Gym in Hope Mills Feb 20 Old SF 8
News North Carolina court rules against retired sold... Feb 17 mema 1
Review: Banging Systems (Oct '13) Feb 8 Maximus 9
what mc? (Sep '12) Jan 29 The Original Cracker 22
News OPINION: U.S. election holds lessons for us Jan '17 Northern fence 4
News 13 MLK Day Celebrations and Observances in Char... Jan '17 MLK eh 1

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance