NC sex offender's lawsuit: satellite tracking unconstitutional

Nov 18, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: HendersonvilleNews.com

A convicted sex offender says in a federal lawsuit that it's unconstitutional for authorities to use satellites to keep track of his movements. via HendersonvilleNews.com

Comments
41 - 44 of 44 Comments Last updated Jul 20, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michigan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

All you people that post that the sex offender should have some corporal punishment should be very careful what you say.... most of you if you werer caught would be on this list. Did you have sex with someone when you were a teen... you are a sex offender... did you buy condoms for your teen son when you knew he was sexual active...you are a sex offender. CAREFUL PEOPLE what you say... you never know what someone will accuse you of to put you on this list!!! It does not have to be true, it just has to be said... then you may be on this list. I can give you several example of people on this list that should not be. ALL YOU PEOPlE WANTING TO JUDGE BEFORE YOU KNOW THE FACT SHOULD LISTEN UP... it is very easy to be put on this list of you just have the wrong person cross your path. BECARE WHAT LAWS YOU ASK FOR BECAUSE IT CAN AND WILL EFFECT YOU. Yes there are sex offender that desevere to be on the liste, but if you think all 600,000 plus offender are on there because of some sick crime you are mistaken. The offenders list has people like your children, grandchildren, and other close relatives... they got caught in a system that has many flaws.
thor

Wilder, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

sex offenders are like chicken killing dogs.
farmer

Winterville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

I hear ya. Im 26 myself and same thing happened to.me but I get to appeal in 10 years to come off the registry. I did receive tho a correspondence from DOC that I have a satellite tracking hearing to determine my eligibility for thus program. Lawyer fee=$1500...and my conviction was over 6 years ago..off probation for 4 years!!! Total bulls*it
Esperanza

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

I think that SBM is a joke, This is what hey call protecting our children? Are you kidding me? If my child happens to come face to face with someone wanting to cause her harm is the SBM going to shield her from this person? The ONLY people who will get any use of this SBM is he police..ect..It will point out what sex offenders were in the area at the time but what good is that? If the SBM was really something to protect our children it would stop the crime BEFORE it happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Fayetteville Forum right now

Search the Fayetteville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 1 hr Red Square 55,815
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) 3 hr Sarge 606
Review: JDM Automotive Wed Anonymous 1
Is Iron Order what your looking for? Wed 81 Supporter 6
Fayetteville Landlords Get No Repect Jul 22 Really 2
Mike Brayman VMC Jul 21 itchy scratchie 5
Camper trailer parking? Jul 20 Frank 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fayetteville Jobs

•••