NC sex offender's lawsuit: satellite ...

NC sex offender's lawsuit: satellite tracking unconstitutional

There are 44 comments on the HendersonvilleNews.com story from Nov 18, 2007, titled NC sex offender's lawsuit: satellite tracking unconstitutional. In it, HendersonvilleNews.com reports that:

A convicted sex offender says in a federal lawsuit that it's unconstitutional for authorities to use satellites to keep track of his movements. via HendersonvilleNews.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at HendersonvilleNews.com.

conserned father

Summerville, SC

#22 Feb 8, 2009
i totally agree with you theres a child molester named steven micky bunker in the army as a chaplin and teaches in a locl church in red springs just the kind of guy you want around you kids i think every one should now what they did when it comes to our kids and how does a convited child molester get into the army with a feloney record to start with whats wrong with this world
Keith Richard Radford Jr

Long Beach, CA

#23 Mar 2, 2009
People in power force inmates, poor citizens, and anyone that is not their lap dog to their order, through insurance scams or gussied as control through the National Sex Offender Registry through schools or campaigns for elderly. These thieves are not looking to make our lives better. They want to get paid for the toys they invent because they found a function for the toy and since they use the tax payer dollars in America to fund every other idea they think we should dig our own grave with a smile whistling while we work. I wonder if they were whistling at Auschwitz? Keep the pressure on and soon we will have these 12 and 13 year old commentators all in line with their own executioners like Walsh who needs an amendment to or Constitution to destroy our country. If you know anything about how the UN and our government operates find out about genocide and what was done in Africa just a few years ago or at least view the Panama Deception, a film by Barbara Trent and David Kasper showing the weapon system use on South America by the Bush Administration killing thousands of Latinos under the guise of military affairs. The statement that stood out to me was that the ones who thought they were running into the arms of their protectors ran into the arms of their executioners.
Keith Richard Radford Jr

Long Beach, CA

#24 Mar 2, 2009
Most of these wackos talk about other peoples children as their own. That is sick.
WOW US

Fort Bragg, NC

#25 Mar 3, 2009
The laws are strict for a reason. You have so many offenders who get out an drepeat and end up back in jail. Those are the ones ruining it for the ones like rio (if in fact that is what happened) Most of the time offenders aren't willing to admit they were wrong. I don't beleive you should be castrated or anything crazy like that. But the gps chips should be encouraged. The offender wearing should have full privacy unless they leave the state that they are registered in or they are suspected in a crime. Just because you do your time in prison doesn't mean that you are born again and a new person. You have so many people in the US who are repeat offenders of the same crime they were originally convicted of. Therefore it is my belief that anyone convicted of anything no matter what should hav a gps chip. That way if they commit another crime it would be easy to locate them if they try to run or if they need questioned.
catperson

Fort Wayne, IN

#26 Apr 9, 2009
rio wrote:
look here all of you, I am a sex offender my self and for the first time in a long time I am going to speak my mind. It absolutly horible the way you talk about these people I served my time for being with a girl who was 15 when I was 17. I am now 26 and my life is a living nightmare every morning I wake up it's hard not to put a bullett in my head. The one thing that keeps me going is my 3 year old son. It's because of people like you that the offenders that have atoned for their sins are where we are today. GPS CHIPS!!!???. Try taking a walk I'm my shoes or anyones for that matter. You are all just fourm gangstas if you want my opinion with the exception of the one person who didn't have their head up his ass. Not one of you people could ever live my life. There is a difference between preditors and sex offenders I am I'm no way saying that these crimes should go in punished however I have only one felony on my record that's it. And I have to register for life I have done everything that the government has asked of me and passed everything with flying colors. So where is my second chance? I am a good person haven't reoffended so don't I and many others like me with cases similar have a second chance? Btw I was a seinor in highschool dating a freshman at the time and we had consensual. Any one want to meet so you can debate me in public I welome that, I'll wait for a response.
I agree with Rio that we are getting hysterical in this country over "sex offenders" I don't know what the percentage is but I would bet you that more then three quarters of the people labeled "sex Offenders" wouldn't hurt a fly. People should find out what they are talkinga bout before passing judgement. They are even charging little kids as sex offenders-what's that all about. If you do you time in prison then you shouldn't have to continue doing time once you get out. Isn't that double jeoparty. Why don't they track murderers or rapists after their release?
lilacs 57

Fayetteville, NC

#27 Apr 10, 2009
linden 909 wrote:
Thy HELL with satellite surveillance give them chemical castration. IF this does not work cut his sex organ off. DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!!! The children come first. Rapist should also face the same punishment. America get start and we can live safe again.
Why do you keep changing towns Linden???? But you are right this time.99% of the time they repeat offend.
sexual offender offended

Lillington, NC

#28 Apr 11, 2009
Here is a questions for all you "would never do that" or "disgusted" people hacking on the sex offenders. How can you honestly tell ME, that given the right circumstances, triggers or a situation that has caught you off guard,that you would never offend? YOU CANNOT. If your marriage is in the tank, or you have a drug addiction, or financially you are losing everything. Given the circumstances and the situation presenting itself, anyone is capable of committing a sexual offense. That does not make you a Sex Offender.
How come there are not lists or cattegories for
Murderers? Arsonists? Thieves? Gangbangers? What about a list for drug dealers and Repeat Felons?
Because our society has decided that the list for sex offenders is of the utmost importance. I feel that everyone has a right to know who has committed an offense. If you live near one and dont like it, then move. Have you ever seen the restrictions for someone on this list? Have you looked at them on a case by case level? Or as our society thrives on just lump them all together, they are all sick and should be judged for eternity. Are you aware that if you kiss, expose, touch, grab, watch adult movies in presence of an infant, consentual sex with a teen regardless if you are 3 years older or 40 years older and if you even recieve a photo of a teen from anywhere on the net or your text, YOU WILL BE PUT ON THIS LIST AND RECOGNIZED AS A SEXUAL OFFENDER...Why are we a society based on social groups and categories? So for those that have the ignorance and lump every case of sexual offense as a deranged sex offender, you should be on a list of your own. Repeat offenders should be monitored. People who make a poor choice and have done their time and paid their debt to society and their victim, they should be allowed to continue on their "recovery" without all the added stress, changes in regulations and laws and the abuse and stereotpyes given to us by society. I guarantee that everyone of you know or have in your family someone that has dealt with this situation. Many of you will have to deal with this in the future and take it from someone who has lost everything and battled my way back to some life of normalcy after paying my debt, WE ARE JUDGED AS SEXUAL OFFENDERS. I for one am NOT a sexual offender....I committed a sexual offense.
CCSD

United States

#29 Jul 19, 2009
Molly Beck wrote:
yeah it is very unconstitutional to do that. He has served his time, for his crime, give the man what little pride he has left. He is already going to have enough issues living his life he doesnt need to be monitored by satellights constantly, that is just unnessecary and wrong he served his punishment get over it.
Maybe if he rapes you you wont be so quick to forgive. Its a fact sex offenders will offend again. Its just a matter of time. Thats why they are being tracked.
Alex is my stage name

Cartersville, GA

#30 Aug 11, 2009
I don't like posting, because logical arguments usually get ripped by the ignorant, but here goes:

To CCSD:

What is the source of your facts? You are claiming a 100% rate of recidivism. That's pretty high. The DOJ shows sex offenders have one of the lowest rates, in the low to mid single-digits. BTW - if you are worried about a potential future crime, track EVERYBODY. There are plenty of murders, alcohol-related deaths, etc. that do not allow for anybody to continue with their lives. Watch 1984 or even Minority Report (Tom Cruise).

To lilacs 57:

99% Really? Please provide sources.

Now the mini-rant:

Dealing with the law and legal matters every week, I believe that all members of society ought to read the law. Not some of it, or on an as-needed basis, but start from the beginning and finish at the end. I also believe that everybody should see how many of our laws are passed due to fear (sex offender laws specifically, others generally) and later are declared unconstitutional. There are so many sponsored laws that get passed with the intention to use the courts to get them removed. Laws should have to be crafted properly first,not the other way round. This just wastes time and money, not to mention helps to destroy peoples' lives in the meantime.
The Only One

Fayetteville, NC

#31 Aug 11, 2009
Wow!
If you rape, murder, or sexually molest a child, God will take care of you in the end, but in the mean time, YOU DO NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT YOU'VE DONE. I know a lot of people that have been scarred for life because of SICK pedophiles and child predators. They shouldn't be left any slack AT ALL. In fact, they should be tortured and tormented every day of their lives just as they did their victims. The other offenders, that have to do with statutory cases and consensual sex, should NOT be punishable by the same degree as a pedophile. I DO NOT agree with that. There should be limitations.

But to all of the freaks who have a long rap sheet for hardcore sexual offenses amongst children, need to be punished to the highest degree until their last day on Earth. Then when they ascend the Hell, they will be dealt with accordingly.

Do not punish the lesser crimes, keep that for the real offenders.
newspeak

Fayetteville, NC

#32 Sep 2, 2009
When all you do is continue to punish sex offenders you release from jail, prison, electronic monitoring,-- instead of assisting them to find a job and living accommodations,-- you get frustrated angry sex offenders. Recently a sex offender was arrested in Lillington, NC for attending CHURCH.

There is a huge difference in people who rape and molest babies and little kids and teens, vice those who commit a crime of consentual statutory rape with an older teen. Pedophiles cannot be cured.

The age of consent to have sex in NC is 16. BUT the schools were teaching abstintence only. Orwellian - Darwin Award Winner.
NC typically doesn't incarcerate sex offenders; they let them plead down and get probation only.

Since: Mar 09

Huntsville, AL

#33 Sep 2, 2009
WOW US wrote:
The laws are strict for a reason. You have so many offenders who get out an drepeat and end up back in jail. Those are the ones ruining it for the ones like rio (if in fact that is what happened) Most of the time offenders aren't willing to admit they were wrong. I don't beleive you should be castrated or anything crazy like that. But the gps chips should be encouraged. The offender wearing should have full privacy unless they leave the state that they are registered in or they are suspected in a crime. Just because you do your time in prison doesn't mean that you are born again and a new person. You have so many people in the US who are repeat offenders of the same crime they were originally convicted of. Therefore it is my belief that anyone convicted of anything no matter what should hav a gps chip. That way if they commit another crime it would be easy to locate them if they try to run or if they need questioned.
News Flash for all.Most cell Phones have a GPS in it now. If they nothing to fear of doing wrong again ,why not allow montoiring?
newspeak

San Antonio, TX

#34 Sep 2, 2009
Sex offenders are barred from movies, libraries, church, and ANY place that has regular child activities. After reading the Restriction list from the NC DOJ - it seems the only places they can live, visit, and work are adult only places - which would leave tatoo/piercing parlors, exotic dancing clubs, pawn shops, adult book stores, etc.... MY POINT is making a felon angry and frustrated results in more and probably worse crimes. I'm not on the side of the sex offender, I'm on the side of doing the best and most things to protect children, Frustrating and antoginizing a child sex offender is not in the best interest of the children. I'm not sure what is. Neither, apparently, does Roy T. Cooper nor does the NC General Assembly.

Do you know how many get to plead down and get PROBATION ONLY? They don't wear electronic device.

NC is closing 6 or 7 more prisons -- put a GPS on your child; and watch them closely. Very closely.
Keith Richard Radford Jr

Glendale, CA

#35 Sep 20, 2009
Getting to maters that mater is something we seem to be able to get down to humbly; I would like to share this with you. This from my life experience is a true connection to the ties of races through our own sex laws which have been built on misconceptions and myth.

The Supreme Court just ruled on sex offender laws where some factions of our government think by some inert reasoning that sex offender should be quarantined like some virus steaming from draconian/Islamic law sex offenders should be executed. I have seen for myself, video taken in another country where a sex offender is placed on a pole much like the Catholics use to use a pyramid shaped object and have them sit on it and spin, the pole travels through the body looking for the throat but if not found its ok cause the sharpened end of the pole will come out somewhere. The heritage of the act is in its self a throwback to troglodyteís who are so obsessed with sex they can find that the way to deal with the issue is as revolutionary, as war, and two wrongs donít make a right but has in fact called up deep rooted issues of people who have had to put up with this kind of "hierarchy" of historic hysteria far to long. A word taken from hysterectomy, hysteria is tied to castration used to make animals less threatening right? Good old Monty Hall. Well no wonder itís wrong, right?

Anyway we are supposed to be the most advanced nation and we still have a death penalty when the rest of the world except for nations we are still warring with,{think!} While other nations went home our weapons dealers and torture lovers delighting in support for the death of people they donít know or want to simply because they donít know how to get money with out taking it from someone by force, is that supposed to includes mutilations? In my humble opinion that alone are terrorist activities as much as severed hands, ears, heads, or making a case with nothing more than an obsession justified by lies.

The truth about the sex offender registry will come out soon enough. When it does, People will see how the use of the registry was created, and by exactly who and why and the devastation it has created and the worthlessness of the use of it. Itís origin in the Crow laws that brought disgrace to our nation allowing thieves and murderous societal bigots who have trashed any shot at making good of a program in its design to make money destroying our nation and its people. We can not play god and we can not survive using this behavior model because we are compounding the problem.
newspeak

Saxapahaw, NC

#36 Sep 20, 2009
Keith Richard Radford Jr - Much of the truth you spoke was lost to me. The TRUTH has little to zero chance of coming out in America because all we have is Orwellian newspeak and doublespeak media.

None of the morons making laws and enforcing the laws considers the difference between having consensual sex (statutory rape) with a teen - vice- having sex with an 18 month old baby.[YES both are horribly wrong and both are against the law, but a larger teen can run, scream, and talk and tell; an 18 month old baby cannot.]

A Cumberland County male caught in a sting with photographs of an 18-month old baby having sex with adults plead down and got probation only. A man with photos like these has more than a problem of just having and viewing Baby Porn pictures.

Roy T. Cooper appears to be too busy doing that which will result in more and bigger donations to his campaign chest than in actually punishing child sex offenders and/or protecing our children.-- What is the status of the Eastover School Principal charged with molesting a 3 year old girl in his home? Anyone?
janien

Tampa, FL

#38 Nov 26, 2009
rio wrote:
look here all of you, I am a sex offender my self and for the first time in a long time I am going to speak my mind. It absolutly horible the way you talk about these people I served my time for being with a girl who was 15 when I was 17. I am now 26 and my life is a living nightmare every morning I wake up it's hard not to put a bullett in my head. The one thing that keeps me going is my 3 year old son. It's because of people like you that the offenders that have atoned for their sins are where we are today. GPS CHIPS!!!???. Try taking a walk I'm my shoes or anyones for that matter. You are all just fourm gangstas if you want my opinion with the exception of the one person who didn't have their head up his ass. Not one of you people could ever live my life. There is a difference between preditors and sex offenders I am I'm no way saying that these crimes should go in punished however I have only one felony on my record that's it. And I have to register for life I have done everything that the government has asked of me and passed everything with flying colors. So where is my second chance? I am a good person haven't reoffended so don't I and many others like me with cases similar have a second chance? Btw I was a seinor in highschool dating a freshman at the time and we had consensual. Any one want to meet so you can debate me in public I welome that, I'll wait for a response.
to this guy my man is in the same situation its really messed up how you have to be in a situation like that
janien

Tampa, FL

#39 Nov 26, 2009
Against MegansLaw wrote:
Megan's Law, do you people even know why we have it today? Let me tell you coming from Jersey myself, some mentally ill person offended and killed Megan Kanka!!!!!So maybe we should should enact a law that notifys the public of all the nut jobs on prozac. How about drunk drivers, who keep on drinking and kill thousands everyday, are they on a list notifying the neighbors that they might run you over when drunk!!!!!We take their license away, slap them with a fine, maybe they might serve some time, usually not and they still drive. Not all sex offenders are re-offenders, I agree their are some sick people out there, but people on list only incourages more hatred and vigilantism. How about your daughter gets pregnant one day because she has sex with a boyfriend in highschool,(who hasn't) then the parents have the father arrested and now he will be a sex offender, or the teen who moons someone and get's caught. Don't tell me that teens don't do stupid things, and that guy on the side of the road who takes a leak, well he would be classified as a sex offender too! Megan's Law needs a real adjustment, I urge all the registered sex offenders around this country to fight for your rights, perhaps even a rally on the steps of Washington is in order. For those who can't see thru what I am saying, beware you never know what lies around the corner, you may regret what you say. All it takes is on pissed off girlfriend to tell a lie and down you go, or maybe it will be your husband who has an affair, a father, sister, or brother. In a country as ours where we call ourselves Christians of all faiths, I can't believe that we think we have the right to be "God"! Let's not forget that we teach our children that "God" forgives so why can't you accept that time served is enough and maybe spend sometime with a offender offering support so they are incouraged not to reoffend. Encouragement lifts people up to do better, belittlement only encourages people to do what they are worthy of. Oh yeah lastly lets not forget all the meth heads in this country, they cook up drugs, and sell them on our streets, we lock them up and let them out. Statically, drug offenders, drunks, and all the people in this country on prozac alone could outnumber the sex offenders. I would be more affraid of those who choose to use drugs, take antidepressants and drink and drive because they don't know how to deal with life without turning to something to get high. For those who are black listed because of Megan's Law don't give up, there are people on your side.
its real messed up..
noone

Rocky Mount, NC

#40 Dec 11, 2009
chopper wrote:
you probably are a sex a=offender that just hasnt gotten caught yet
whos to say u r not one who hasnt got caught yet what is consentual its just a word that gets missed used it all depends on who u are n who u r talkin to and if u r going 2 get in trouble
myrak

United States

#41 Dec 12, 2009
Sex Offenders who get caught with child porn (aka KIDDIE PORN) in NC usually get to plead down and get Probation Only. Anybody out there besides me believe these guys only watch the porn on their computers and don't take it to the next level? Pedophilia is NOT curable (so they say).

PAGING ROY T. COOPER, NC Attorney General Why are you so absent and silent about Shaniya Davis (as was Gov Bev Purdue).... Roy Cooper used to be on TV all the time proclaiming how he has saved children from sexual predators.
deb

Raeford, NC

#42 Jul 3, 2010
CCSD wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe if he rapes you you wont be so quick to forgive. Its a fact sex offenders will offend again. Its just a matter of time. Thats why they are being tracked.
if is not a fact that all sex offenders will reoffend. the number is quite low. you reall need to go and research this and then maybe you can come back with real facts not just your feelings.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welcome Mongols MC (Jun '16) 20 hr GUEST 16
Fayetteville Motorcycle Clubs? (Mar '09) Feb 15 Sammy 688
Roxanne and boy Feb 6 4you 1
News As glowing balls hover over the night sky near ... Feb 2 Frieda 6
Worst Hair Stylist/Barbers Jan 27 Nappy 2
AAA Fence Co. (Mar '10) Jan '18 Get Smart 62
(-Can-nabis -co-caine- he-roin op-ium ecs-tasy ... Jan '18 Way 1

Fayetteville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fayetteville Mortgages