NC sex offender's lawsuit: satellite tracking unconstitutional

Nov 18, 2007 Full story: HendersonvilleNews.com 44

A convicted sex offender says in a federal lawsuit that it's unconstitutional for authorities to use satellites to keep track of his movements. via HendersonvilleNews.com

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Molly Beck

Mcpherson, KS

#1 Nov 20, 2007
yeah it is very unconstitutional to do that. He has served his time, for his crime, give the man what little pride he has left. He is already going to have enough issues living his life he doesnt need to be monitored by satellights constantly, that is just unnessecary and wrong he served his punishment get over it.
Donna Scagnelli

AOL

#2 Feb 4, 2008
I totally disagree, they need to be monitored the rest of their lives. Obviously they can't be trusted. I respect your opinion but disagree. I wouldn't want them living anywhere near me.
washington

Fayetteville, NC

#3 May 6, 2008
If some one had been monitoring the guy who molested me it probabably would not have happened to me. Sexual preditors have a life addiction, and they need life time monitoring. WHAT PRIDE! These people violated someone they have no pride!
nunur

Marietta, GA

#4 Sep 8, 2008
Molly Beck wrote:
yeah it is very unconstitutional to do that. He has served his time, for his crime, give the man what little pride he has left. He is already going to have enough issues living his life he doesnt need to be monitored by satellights constantly, that is just unnessecary and wrong he served his punishment get over it.
ARE YOU CRAZY?? They should call them sex reoffenders because they will do it again. If you do not believe me then google the name Christopher Barrios.
Daniel

Raleigh, NC

#5 Oct 28, 2008
If they need to be monitored for the rest of their lives, then they should put them somewhere that they can be kept and monitored for the rest of their lives.

...like, ya know, prison.

Seriously. If society really believes that sex offenders shouldn't be allowed to live free lives after what they've done, they should be sentenced to life in prison. Or just put them to death and be done with it. Either way, crap or get off the pot. Either they've served their time, made restitution, and have had their freedom restored, or they're criminals for the rest of their lives and shouldn't be let back out in public.
rio

United States

#6 Nov 8, 2008
look here all of you, I am a sex offender my self and for the first time in a long time I am going to speak my mind. It absolutly horible the way you talk about these people I served my time for being with a girl who was 15 when I was 17. I am now 26 and my life is a living nightmare every morning I wake up it's hard not to put a bullett in my head. The one thing that keeps me going is my 3 year old son. It's because of people like you that the offenders that have atoned for their sins are where we are today. GPS CHIPS!!!???. Try taking a walk I'm my shoes or anyones for that matter. You are all just fourm gangstas if you want my opinion with the exception of the one person who didn't have their head up his ass. Not one of you people could ever live my life. There is a difference between preditors and sex offenders I am I'm no way saying that these crimes should go in punished however I have only one felony on my record that's it. And I have to register for life I have done everything that the government has asked of me and passed everything with flying colors. So where is my second chance? I am a good person haven't reoffended so don't I and many others like me with cases similar have a second chance? Btw I was a seinor in highschool dating a freshman at the time and we had consensual. Any one want to meet so you can debate me in public I welome that, I'll wait for a response.
ore

Bailey, NC

#7 Nov 12, 2008
as for me ,i think all that do this un thinkable thing needs to be not lock up not watch but send them out of the usa to no mans land .
hateisking

AOL

#8 Dec 12, 2008
wel rip on the sex offenders. Well I'm one also.been one for 15 years now and have listend to all the things that people think should happen to these people. Well these people but for the grace of God are you. Trust me it could happen to you or someone close to you. If you think it couldn't i'm sure thats what the 600,000 sex offenders thought that are on the regestry across this hateful land. The way I see it and really do know alot more them most of you on here is if you treat someone like shit they will respond in kind. So be careful who you rag on you might find yourself in the same boat. Talk big and let them take your rights along with ours. If your not smart enough to understand that the constitution that is so easy for you to toos out in the name of public safety is your constitution and your rights. If you continue to give them up because you have no clue you deserve what will happen to you.And if you thnk its easy to get rights back after so many have said oh yes do it. think again your voicing like you have a clue and really you don't.
Against MegansLaw

United States

#9 Jan 8, 2009
Megan's Law, do you people even know why we have it today? Let me tell you coming from Jersey myself, some mentally ill person offended and killed Megan Kanka!!!!!So maybe we should should enact a law that notifys the public of all the nut jobs on prozac. How about drunk drivers, who keep on drinking and kill thousands everyday, are they on a list notifying the neighbors that they might run you over when drunk!!!!!We take their license away, slap them with a fine, maybe they might serve some time, usually not and they still drive. Not all sex offenders are re-offenders, I agree their are some sick people out there, but people on list only incourages more hatred and vigilantism. How about your daughter gets pregnant one day because she has sex with a boyfriend in highschool,(who hasn't) then the parents have the father arrested and now he will be a sex offender, or the teen who moons someone and get's caught. Don't tell me that teens don't do stupid things, and that guy on the side of the road who takes a leak, well he would be classified as a sex offender too! Megan's Law needs a real adjustment, I urge all the registered sex offenders around this country to fight for your rights, perhaps even a rally on the steps of Washington is in order. For those who can't see thru what I am saying, beware you never know what lies around the corner, you may regret what you say. All it takes is on pissed off girlfriend to tell a lie and down you go, or maybe it will be your husband who has an affair, a father, sister, or brother. In a country as ours where we call ourselves Christians of all faiths, I can't believe that we think we have the right to be "God"! Let's not forget that we teach our children that "God" forgives so why can't you accept that time served is enough and maybe spend sometime with a offender offering support so they are incouraged not to reoffend. Encouragement lifts people up to do better, belittlement only encourages people to do what they are worthy of. Oh yeah lastly lets not forget all the meth heads in this country, they cook up drugs, and sell them on our streets, we lock them up and let them out. Statically, drug offenders, drunks, and all the people in this country on prozac alone could outnumber the sex offenders. I would be more affraid of those who choose to use drugs, take antidepressants and drink and drive because they don't know how to deal with life without turning to something to get high. For those who are black listed because of Megan's Law don't give up, there are people on your side.
linden 909

Clayton, NC

#10 Jan 15, 2009
Thy HELL with satellite surveillance give them chemical castration. IF this does not work cut his sex organ off. DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!!! The children come first. Rapist should also face the same punishment. America get start and we can live safe again.
linden 909

Clayton, NC

#11 Jan 15, 2009
A child molester always a molester. This group has no right to life. Burn in hell molesters. They will come for your child if they get the chance.
cameron

Mesquite, NV

#12 Jan 25, 2009
rio wrote:
look here all of you, I am a sex offender my self and for the first time in a long time I am going to speak my mind. It absolutly horible the way you talk about these people I served my time for being with a girl who was 15 when I was 17. I am now 26 and my life is a living nightmare every morning I wake up it's hard not to put a bullett in my head. The one thing that keeps me going is my 3 year old son. It's because of people like you that the offenders that have atoned for their sins are where we are today. GPS CHIPS!!!???. Try taking a walk I'm my shoes or anyones for that matter. You are all just fourm gangstas if you want my opinion with the exception of the one person who didn't have their head up his ass. Not one of you people could ever live my life. There is a difference between preditors and sex offenders I am I'm no way saying that these crimes should go in punished however I have only one felony on my record that's it. And I have to register for life I have done everything that the government has asked of me and passed everything with flying colors. So where is my second chance? I am a good person haven't reoffended so don't I and many others like me with cases similar have a second chance? Btw I was a seinor in highschool dating a freshman at the time and we had consensual. Any one want to meet so you can debate me in public I welome that, I'll wait for a response.
I admire you for standing up for yourself, I too was convicted based on just her word. We met in a bar and I went home, she finds out I was married and had a child on the way and I admitted having sex, she said it wasn't consented and poof I am in prison. That was over 20 years ago and now I have had to jump over so many more laws and conditions. What is the prison sentence for murder? 20 years 13.4 with good time release? Then they get out and have to only register as a fellon, not loose driving privledges, where one can live, or even get there record sealed. The law is supposed to change someone from ever doing the crime again, but the punishment is life long. Give a prison sentence term to fit the crime, if it deserves death, then kill the person, if it deserves life behind bars then so be it, but don't say you are free until we can see that you are not going to reoffend and then come up with another form of punishment so we don't have to live in our own fears.

Most of the ones that make the laws are breaking them themselves. So watch how you point your finger, you might be more guilt then those you point at.
stephen

Catlett, VA

#13 Jan 25, 2009
i too am a sex offendor. although my case is on appeal with the virginia court of appeals and is likely to be reversed for lack of evidence. how ever for the time being i have to register. i think we should look at the reasons y people are registering. i mean i looked at the list and you have 2 to 3 rapist and the rest are just some guy who had consensual sex with a teenager whom they were close in age to but just over the line. the fact of the matter is that alot of the crimes that u have to register for are in fact unconstitutional statutes and should be repealed. i urge you to research griswold v connecticut, texas v lawrence and roe v wade before u judge a man. the only people really in the wrong is the government.
cameron

Mesquite, NV

#14 Jan 26, 2009
linden 909 wrote:
A child molester always a molester. This group has no right to life. Burn in hell molesters. They will come for your child if they get the chance.
When a person is rejudged for a crime already sentenced and has served the time then that person should be released with the same second chance in life as any other that did a crime and served their time; or do you feel that we should just kill everyone who we feel theatened by?
How would you feel if you were convicted of a crime say driving under the influence and say after 10 years you were told that you can't have a drivers license anymore. You are not considered a threat to others based on what others with DUI's have and still do. How would you feel, what would you do? The same is with every crime that rings with sexual overtones. Don't we have others that we can be more concerened about? What sensus has been conducted to proove the conditions that have been implimented on everyone convicted hasn't recommitted? Does it weigh itself to be correct or more harmful? If a person hasn't reoffended for over 10 years, then what right does anyone have to say that that person will ever reoffend? When do we say "you have a right to be silent" "you have a right"? When can we be Americans?

All the law is supposed to do is keep us in check for doing what is right and punishing those with the set conditions for the crime committed. Not to live in Fear and Worry. Wake Up People!
cameron

Mesquite, NV

#15 Jan 26, 2009
linden 909 wrote:
Thy HELL with satellite surveillance give them chemical castration. IF this does not work cut his sex organ off. DONE DEAL!!!!!!!!!! The children come first. Rapist should also face the same punishment. America get start and we can live safe again.
Let me ask you this. Are you God, do you get to push the button for life and death? What rights did you earn to condemn? How about the next time you get pulled over for speeding you get your car taken and given to someone else? Or, how about the next time your dog bites someone and you now are homeless because your house was taken? How extreme you sound when the light isn't in your eyes.

I am only saying this for the sole purpose that we are not God and we are not allowed to march in somekind of band to kill or mame others based on how we feel!, The same was said about how blacks were treated, how Jews were condemned to die. What is the matter with you, you need to slow to anger and maybe you will be able to see clearer.
What needs to be done is to punish the person for the crime at the time, not wait 10 or so years after. Punishment should fit the crime at the time, not later on to justify a person's fear.
cameron

Mesquite, NV

#16 Jan 26, 2009
Hey, thanks for your comment, I too offering support so they are incouraged not to reoffend. Encouragement lifts people up to do better, belittlement only encourages people to do what they are worthy of. Oh yeah lastly lets not forget all the meth heads in this country, they cook up drugs, and sell them on our streets, we lock them up and let them out. Statically, drug offenders, drunks, and all the people in this country on was convicted over 20+ years ago and admitted to consentual sex, but was convicted of rape, what a system we have, based on someone just saying something and no proof that there was rape, what a mess America has allowed herself to become. What makes us different from burning witches and killing Jews or hanging black in there own yards? How can we allow so much anger and wrong doing to continue?
How can so many more conditions be placed on a person after a crime and time served is served?
You are right about the meth heads out there, I have a past with one conviction of rape and dui and several speeding in my past over the last 20 years and because the rape is there on my record I am accused of domestic violence,(Not even in the same house or with the person) am arrested and charged. Later the person recanted and signed a notorized statement saying that she only said it so she can get into a shelter for she was homeless. I had to pay 7k bail, 1400 for classes that lasted for one year and drive weekly for that year over 200 miles round trip or go to prison for a term of 3 to 5 years based on my rape convition. Where does freedom ring for me? How can this continue? Didn't this same behavior cause a Civil War? And how many died for their rights? Yea, America, keep being angery and allow hate to rule your hearts and History will enevitably repeat herself.
la bamba

Zebulon, NC

#17 Jan 28, 2009
washington wrote:
If some one had been monitoring the guy who molested me it probabably would not have happened to me. Sexual preditors have a life addiction, and they need life time monitoring. WHAT PRIDE! These people violated someone they have no pride!
ssasassas
chopper

Jefferson, GA

#19 Feb 7, 2009
rio wrote:
your case is a little different than what their talking about you both were just kids and some girls that age are just asking for it
chopper

Jefferson, GA

#20 Feb 7, 2009
Molly Beck wrote:
and you probably are a sex affender that just hasnt gotton caught
chopper

Jefferson, GA

#21 Feb 7, 2009
you probably are a sex a=offender that just hasnt gotten caught yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fleeing r.m. Dec 15 ghost of gene 5
looking for gene johnson Dec 11 just asking a HO 13
what mc? (Sep '12) Dec 10 JM rider 9
DAVID KELLY AUSTIN in JIM VANBEBBER NAMBLA Film. Dec 10 DAVID KELLY AUSTIN 1
Looking For Wolfgang Gonzalez in Fayetteville ,... (Apr '09) Dec 9 Long lost friend ... 11
Review: Carolina Skin Care Dec 6 not stupid 1
what kind of scumbags support hells angels (Jan '10) Dec 5 DAVID KELLY AUSTIN 67
Fayetteville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fayetteville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fayetteville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:01 am PST

NBC Sports10:01AM
Panthers' Newton practicing 8 days after crash - NBC Sports
NBC Sports11:21 AM
Who's in worse shape, Redskins or Bears?
NBC Sports11:37 AM
Panthers playing wait-and-see with Cam Newton
Yahoo! Sports12:11 PM
Cam Newton a surprise performer in Panthers practice
Yahoo! Sports12:48 PM
Redskins have been this bad since the 1960s