Who do you support for Commissioner of Labor in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Fayetteville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#2 Oct 15, 2010
I normally vote Republican but Mark Butler is a real BUTT. He is an arrogant azzhole in my eyes. He did nothing substantial as an elected offical in the House. And what really ticked me off was this man NEVER responded to any question I put forth to him over the years. NEVER. That is crap and he is crap
For Change

Atlanta, GA

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Voting for Libertarian because - the Republicans and Democrates have proven nothing other than failure. Given someone new a chance!

Since: Mar 10

Panama City, FL

#4 Oct 15, 2010
The jobs requires an administrator and not a politician. I will vote republican in all other races. Still thinking about this one.
priss

Ocilla, GA

#5 Oct 15, 2010
Alfred E Newman who knows who he is

Since: Oct 10

Cumming, GA

#6 Oct 17, 2010
Mark is a good man, very smart. He is pro-business. Hicks is a union supporter, not what Georgia needs.
jojo 12

Dalton, GA

#7 Oct 17, 2010

Panama City, FL

#8 Oct 18, 2010
Party affiliation for this position matters little. It should be a nonpartisan post. The debate last night sealed it for me. Can we not get better candidates than these?
sirfirchick

Atlanta, GA

#9 Oct 18, 2010
He seems to have the real motivation and knowledge to really do the job well.
pat

Atlanta, GA

#10 Oct 18, 2010
The Libertarian did the best at the debate and he looked like the only one who understands how government is to work. Big plus for the fact he is the one with the most real executive leadership.

Panama City, FL

#11 Oct 18, 2010
pat wrote:
The Libertarian did the best at the debate and he looked like the only one who understands how government is to work. Big plus for the fact he is the one with the most real executive leadership.
Have to disagree with you there. He said he wanted to rely less on federal grants and have more state and local control. It's obivous he does not know how the Dept of Labor is funded. It's almost totally federal funded.
pat

Atlanta, GA

#12 Oct 18, 2010
sorry Hold MY Beer,

Still say the Libertarian is the best one for Labor Commissioner. Costa said the GA DOL is funded almost 100 percent by the Feds, he then correctly made it a point that the Feds funding the GA DOL is the major problem. The Libertarian seams to be about the only one running state wide in GA the any clue as to how our government was set up. He is also the only one that really showed that he had a real understand of how jobs are created and how to get GA going in the correct direction.

Going to leave the Republican plantation on this race. Oh and for what it is worth I like the Democrat for agriculture and if if Deal and Johny do not show a good reason why I need to vote for them I might even vote Libertarian in those races too.

Panama City, FL

#13 Oct 18, 2010
pat wrote:
sorry Hold MY Beer,
Still say the Libertarian is the best one for Labor Commissioner. Costa said the GA DOL is funded almost 100 percent by the Feds, he then correctly made it a point that the Feds funding the GA DOL is the major problem. The Libertarian seams to be about the only one running state wide in GA the any clue as to how our government was set up. He is also the only one that really showed that he had a real understand of how jobs are created and how to get GA going in the correct direction.
Going to leave the Republican plantation on this race. Oh and for what it is worth I like the Democrat for agriculture and if if Deal and Johny do not show a good reason why I need to vote for them I might even vote Libertarian in those races too.
This is the only race I will not vote republican but a vote for a libertarian is alsmost like a vote for a democrat in the senate or governors race becuase a libertarian can not win. The reason the FEDs fund the DOL is becuase businesses pay a Federal tax that support it. A state labor commissioner can not change that.
pat

Atlanta, GA

#14 Oct 18, 2010
Well I in part agree with you about GOV and Senate that is why I am still on the fence. Keeping an eye on the polls and if the Democrats stay under 40 percent I say let the Republicans win in a run off... keep them conservative.

Would like to point out that less then half of the money the Feds spends / uses to fund State operations is from any income tax (corporate or personal) the balance is printed and borrowed dollars. He did not say he could change it but wanted to other GA officials to start thinking in terms of how to reduce the dependence on the Feds. His statement that "no corporation should get more then grant money then what they have paid in for the past 5 years" sounded reasonable and a step in the right direction....
Diane

Lilburn, GA

#15 Oct 19, 2010
Change. Do not trust Repub's or Dem's.
Miss Putt

AOL

#16 Oct 20, 2010
I don't know Mark Butler, seems as if you know what is going on. It ticks me off when someone will not respond to an important issue. Do you know is his family? His wife is in insurance and the City of Bremen buys insurance from her for the employees. His sister was City Manager for a while. Any comment.
John In North Carolina wrote:
I normally vote Republican but Mark Butler is a real BUTT. He is an arrogant azzhole in my eyes. He did nothing substantial as an elected offical in the House. And what really ticked me off was this man NEVER responded to any question I put forth to him over the years. NEVER. That is crap and he is crap

“Home In Georgia Now”

#17 Oct 20, 2010
Miss Putt wrote:
I don't know Mark Butler, seems as if you know what is going on. It ticks me off when someone will not respond to an important issue. Do you know is his family? His wife is in insurance and the City of Bremen buys insurance from her for the employees. His sister was City Manager for a while. Any comment.<quoted text>
I do not know Mr. Butler's family at all, who they work for etc. I can only relay my personal experience that this man NEVER responded to any of my correspondences. Funny though,both Senator Isakson and Chambliss, Representative Gingrich, Governor Perdue, Senator Heath, Mayor Bridges responded. Even got phone calls from Senator Chambliss and Isakson's office. But NOT ONE WORD from Butler ever. As I said I can find no significant contribution he made as an elected official in my eyes. He needs to removed from the scene. I know 3 votes he did not get.
J.P.

Athens, GA

#18 Oct 20, 2010
Smaller government, greater efficiency, more accountability. Vote Libertarian.
james

Riverdale, GA

#19 Oct 28, 2010
Seems to be the best candidate.
Joe W

Ellenwood, GA

#20 Oct 29, 2010
voting for Mark Butler. We have never had a REP in office at the DOL and what do we have to show for it; Nothing. The current state of the office is a total mess. You have individuals that do nothing all day long and wait around to retire knowing that there is no recourse for their laziness. It is time for some new blood and a new philosophy at GaDOL

“Home In Georgia Now”

#21 Oct 29, 2010
Joe W wrote:
voting for Mark Butler. We have never had a REP in office at the DOL and what do we have to show for it; Nothing. The current state of the office is a total mess. You have individuals that do nothing all day long and wait around to retire knowing that there is no recourse for their laziness. It is time for some new blood and a new philosophy at GaDOL
Hell we never had a REP in office with Butler either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayetteville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 7 min rename 56,849
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Tue tammy101 2,072
Freightliner Cascadia or Columbia sleeper Trucks Sep 19 tcoolru 1
Edward Ray Sharpe Jr (Feb '13) Sep 15 Concerned Person 6
Prophet Michael Obeng Sep 7 chrichna 4
Georgia - Inmates Complain of Treatment at Clay... (Jan '08) Sep 7 Dave 79
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Sep 5 faisha 186

Fayetteville News Video

Fayetteville Dating
Find my Match

Fayetteville Jobs

Fayetteville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fayetteville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fayetteville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]